Mini Digital Pinball Table

Justin2097

Jul 2, 2013
Hi everyone.

I just finished publishing an instructable of the Mini table I built to play TPA on. I thought I'd share it with everyone on here to see what people think. And hopefully to convince FS to get cabinet view sorted out ;)

Anyway, here's the link: -

Mini Digital Pinball Cabinet

Jj Johnson

Jul 26, 2013
Very cool nice job with the project. Only see a handful of guys doing it on iPad could never figure out how to do it for android I have an Acer iconia a200. How responsive are the controls? Could you also wire up for like start plunger button and maybe nudge so like 2 button on each side? I'd purchase from you if you could just wire up the hacked controller to work I can build a cab to my liking around it I already build pinball models check out 1/8th scale pinball models on pin side. So if you could do the controls how much?

gonzo

Aug 27, 2013
It's top notch there's nothing else to say, I'll probably make one myself to give an old tablet a nice second life. What a great idea you had, and the way it's done is real nice.

Justin2097

Jul 2, 2013
Very cool nice job with the project. Only see a handful of guys doing it on iPad could never figure out how to do it for android I have an Acer iconia a200. How responsive are the controls? Could you also wire up for like start plunger button and maybe nudge so like 2 button on each side? I'd purchase from you if you could just wire up the hacked controller to work I can build a cab to my liking around it I already build pinball models check out 1/8th scale pinball models on pin side. So if you could do the controls how much?

I thought about nudging using buttons but I didn't want to clutter up the cabinet. I also tried motion nudging, but decided to stick using touch screen nudges as it feels more responsive.

I wouldn't know where to begin trying to get the plunger to work. USB/BT joycentre allow for analogue so you can use an analogue stick for the plunger but I wouldn't have a clue about trying to incorporate that into the cabinet. I have very little knowledge of electronics and soldering.

The responsiveness feels fine to me, and I am used to playing like this now. Occasionally a shot is off, but this could be down to having to push the button instead of touching. Or it could be my playing skills.

Jj Johnson

Jul 26, 2013
I thought about nudging using buttons but I didn't want to clutter up the cabinet. I also tried motion nudging, but decided to stick using touch screen nudges as it feels more responsive.

I wouldn't know where to begin trying to get the plunger to work. USB/BT joycentre allow for analogue so you can use an analogue stick for the plunger but I wouldn't have a clue about trying to incorporate that into the cabinet. I have very little knowledge of electronics and soldering.

The responsiveness feels fine to me, and I am used to playing like this now. Occasionally a shot is off, but this could be down to having to push the button instead of touching. Or it could be my playing skills.

I didn't mean a real plunger just a red button like on Medieval Madness. Just something that could be held in for touch response on plunger.
If you could build the functions for it just solder up the buttons and give me allitle diagram of hoe to map them to work with touch functions how much would you charge. I really wana build a mini cab since TPA released I tryed messing with stuff for android I just can't solder.

Justin2097

Jul 2, 2013
I didn't mean a real plunger just a red button like on Medieval Madness. Just something that could be held in for touch response on plunger.
If you could build the functions for it just solder up the buttons and give me allitle diagram of hoe to map them to work with touch functions how much would you charge. I really wana build a mini cab since TPA released I tryed messing with stuff for android I just can't solder.

I'm not sure you could map the plunger to a button hold. The sixaxis app let's you map a swipe to a button but then you'd have no control over power. The way mine is set up only launches the ball on certain tables, you still have to launch the other tables via touchscreen. I can't see anyway around it until native controller support is added, unless you use an analogue stick.

As for soldering for you, unfortunately this is not something I would be able to do. Mainly because I don't have my own soldering equipment, but also I have pretty much zero soldering skill myself, plus time constraints. I certainly think it's something that nearly anyone can do. The LB/RB buttons have desperate pins which are easy enough to solder to. The main buttons have quite large pads to solder to also, so you don't have to be particularly neat. You can't really go too wrong, solder wires to each button terminal and solder those to the micro switch, terminals it doesn't matter which way around the wires go.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts