MLB Postseason

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Not to rub salt into Draino's wounds, but I now have a backup team to root for if the Cards fall.
Hmph, I don't really like any of these teams left! I'm gonna have to go with the Royals I guess. As I normally do when my team gets beat, the team that beat my team is who I root for.... I wanna be beaten by the best.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I think the Giants will win it all, and I'd be ok with that.

I'd rather have a respected rival win than a dirty rival who loves to blast our players with pitches.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
So happy for my Giants. I say it not with triumphalism and braggadocio, but with humility and gratitude: Whether we win the World Series in 2014 or not, this is the Golden Era of San Francisco Giants baseball.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I'm DEVASTATED that the Cardinals lost! :(

Hahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahaahhaahahah :p

+1
But the most fascinating thing is having a wild card World Series. These wild card teams are consistently doing well since the idea was introduced. Makes you wonder how many pennants would have been had by previous champions if this had always been around.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
+1
But the most fascinating thing is having a wild card World Series. These wild card teams are consistently doing well since the idea was introduced. Makes you wonder how many pennants would have been had by previous champions if this had always been around.

It's true. But, I kind of like that they added this extra wild card game. NO team would want to go through that just to get to an LDS. Paradoxically, adding an additional wild card team per league has made it more valuable to win your division. However, the signal-to-noise ratio in baseball quality is so high for a short series that occasionally, you'll still get these wild card teams getting through. Just happy my Giants were able to benefit from it this year.

BTW, if the Giants win the World Series, they'll have won all four layers of MLB's playoffs without the benefit of home field advantage. Who the heck would have seen that coming?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.