Mobile tournament starting Feb 27

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Pharo's 97M on LCA, that's got to be a bug right? What a crappy table LCA is btw. I'm not playing that again...

It's gotta be a glitch. I hope. I'm with ya on LCA not my favourite table for sure. Cant see anyone catching you Gus. That's a pretty huge lead you have at the moment.

Granny

Oct 16, 2013
I wish they would break down our final results and "flight" us for the next tournament. I'll never be a Gus or DylanH. I usually place somewhere in the 30s or so. And I always see the same names around me at the end. I "beat" so and so this time and place behind him next time. It's like a mini tournament inside the big one, for me. It would be cool to just play those dudes for first in a "flight"-- i.e. best of the people who are close to my skill level. Although, I can straight up HANG with the big boys on Black Rose!

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I had another score not post, this time from BK2K. Anyone else still getting this to happen?

Also, why isn't the clock stopping on drained balls? I have noticed this on TAF and BK2K for sure, where I will drain midgame or at the end for the bonus and the clock runs.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
I had another score not post, this time from BK2K. Anyone else still getting this to happen?

Also, why isn't the clock stopping on drained balls? I have noticed this on TAF and BK2K for sure, where I will drain midgame or at the end for the bonus and the clock runs.
Hey Chris. I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure that if you have a ball locked for multiball the clock keeps on going.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Hey Chris. I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure that if you have a ball locked for multiball the clock keeps on going.

It's really inconsistent. Some times the timer stops, some times it doesn't. I get that on most tables. It's a pain on tables where the bonus count takes a long time, like on Earthshaker.

Rollovers doesn't work for me on Diner in this tournament. The 10% end of ball bonus gets based on 5M when it should be 105M, I'not sure if it's like that outside of tournaments. Anyways, it posted a 110M game as 10M final score which looks like a platform specific problem. For a while I thought this would be a tournament without bugs. And there is the issue with some players getting to playing TAF gold instead of vanilla TAF as well.

Annorax

Feb 2, 2013
Does FS normally remove hacked scores like Failsight from the standings before determining winners? It feels like I'm losing enough points because of things like his "14 billion" on TAF that it may actually affect the final standings.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Does FS normally remove hacked scores like Failsight from the standings before determining winners? It feels like I'm losing enough points because of things like his "14 billion" on TAF that it may actually affect the final standings.

I doubt it. I asked recently them to remove a score I have on the regular leaderboards and it is still there.

And have never seen them remove a tourney score.

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
I doubt it. I asked recently them to remove a score I have on the regular leaderboards and it is still there.

And have never seen them remove a tourney score.

I've seen it happen once when all that Moo stuff was going on. I think if enough people complain they'll do something about it.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
Has anyone tried if they can use the Thing or bowling ball during the tournament and that the scores get uploaded? I don't have either ball, but I saw a pic on the FB page claiming this is the case.

13504_1390828581232988_2306694651480847035_n.jpg

Annorax

Feb 2, 2013
I've seen it happen once when all that Moo stuff was going on. I think if enough people complain they'll do something about it.

I emailed them about this one. With these hacked scores out of the picture, I'd be about a Dracula & a Diner away from winning the Bronze division. I don't mind losing to better players, but I absolutely freaking hate losing to some skript kiddy showing off his leet skillz changing a tournament score on TAF to 14 billion.

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Not satisfied with my scores this go-around. Maybe my 15bil on Whodunnit, I was barely hangin on by a thread the last 5-7 minutes. Ended up getting 2 extra balls. Saved me. The roulette was on my side. Cracked a bunch of cases. The last time they had Black Rose, I was able to get 900 some mil. This time I'm just trying to keep up. Might not be in the right mindset. There is still time. But the goal is to be in the top 10. If I can improve my TAF score by 100mil, I might have a shot. But for some reason I can't do good at the multiball on that one. Even though my 700some mil score had 3 triple jackpots, 2 TTMs, maybe I just don't get the scoring on this table. We will see.,...

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Congratulations Gus. Well played old man. Lol. Good tourney. Some great scores out there. See you all in the next one.

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
Congrats Gus! I didn't play all week but gave it a a shot yesterday when I had a couple of free hours. At least I went from 60th to 11th lol.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Came in 15th, so I guess I cant complain too much. It's always just a matter of getting a base score right away, and then constantly checking to see which table I'm the most behind on, and then trying to improve on that score. Now that it's over, what strategies did you guys use on TAF. Back handing the bookcase for multiball, or busting out the mansion rooms? Or maybe even grinding out 4-way combos with everything maxed out? That would be the hardest to do I think.

Overall, I really liked the selection. BSD and FT are probably my favorite tables. And now TAF is high up on my list. Howbout you guys?

Annorax

Feb 2, 2013
I was busting out mansion rooms on TAF to get to 930Mish. Lesson for this plan: collect the EB from Tour the Mansion, get the ball into the bumpers as much as possible for Mamushka and Hit Cousin It, then drain & move on to the next mansion. In a timed tournament, there's no point in actually playing out the Tour because the end of ball bonuses become worth much more than the other modes can be; my last minute or so on my tournament game was spent intentionally draining extra balls out as quickly as possible to get ~50M end of ball bonuses.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Thanks! :) Really nice selection of tables this time around. Only LCA was a pain. BK2K was not as bad as I thought, and I really enjoyed Diner more than expected. BSD, FT, BR and TAF are great tables in my book. Who Dunnit is cool too, but kind of weird to play in a tournament with the roulette.

On TAF I went for mansion rooms as quickly as I could, but I played through the entire Tour the Mansions (2) as well. Not sure what the best strategy is and when to drain strategically there. The top score of ~1.1B looks really solid.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
I went the other way on TAF. Totally ignored the mansion and played multiball as much as possible. Tried to build up the graveyard so the thing flipper scored as much as possible. So it was hit staircase, up the left ramp then into the swamp for 5x. If it was at max it scores 20 million each time plus ramp millions. Worked for me,ended up with 980 million or so.

Annorax

Feb 2, 2013
I went the other way on TAF. Totally ignored the mansion and played multiball as much as possible. Tried to build up the graveyard so the thing flipper scored as much as possible. So it was hit staircase, up the left ramp then into the swamp for 5x. If it was at max it scores 20 million each time plus ramp millions. Worked for me,ended up with 980 million or so.

Were you hitting the left ramp off the Thing saucer or going for 4-way combos? If I was more consistent hitting the left orbit, I'd have been doing 4-way combos all the time on that.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Yes. Off the bookcase for a letter in greed. Up the left ramp for ramp millions. Maxed at 10 million. Then off the upper left flipper and into the swamp for a max of 20 million. Once you get a rhythm going it was a fairly consistent combo for some good points. Then play multiball. Like I said it worked for me the best. I tried the mansion strategy and it just wasn't producing a very high score for me anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.