Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 or 360

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Pay attention Farsight.

Delays(*clears throat*) and not being able to make a game with the same level of quality as next gen consoles being the main reasons.

I would so love it if FS did this with TPA. Focus on next gen, put out the best product possible, and move forward.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I would so love it if FS did this with TPA. Focus on next gen, put out the best product possible, and move forward.

Hmmm, let down PS3 & 360 would be a mistake, as there is still a big user base playing TPA on these platforms.

Moreover:

- PS3 and 360 are 6 months late compared to others devices releases (latest table on old gen consoles is... TAF. Yes, TAF.)

- I don't know for 360, but for PS3, the game is not actively supported regarding bug fixes (old bugs fixed since ages on all others platforms are still there on PS3).

So, I don't think old gen consoles use a lot of manpower at Farsight. :sarcastic:

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Considering thier biggest money maker is on mobile, I can tell where they will be focusing.

The WiiU! :p

Seriously, as Tann pointed out, the newest table on the older-gen consoles (and XBone for that matter) is TAF.

Whatever FarSight sees fit to do, they should stick with Mac and PC as well. Some of us like our pinball simulations on larger screens.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
they should stick with Mac and PC as well.

They already focus on PC (lead platform + easy update process). Mobiles seem to be their cash generator, so they take care to keep releases synced with PC.

Consoles and old-gen consoles are the black sheeps (awful update process + weird programmation for PS3), and are updated when Farsight has free time to do it (sunday evening between 22pm and midnight)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Pay attention Farsight.

Delays(*clears throat*) and not being able to make a game with the same level of quality as next gen consoles being the main reasons.

Well that's a bit mean to all the PS3 players :(

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Mean, yes, but for those with the newest console, it is a snobby, elitist pleasure knowing you have something that the poor people that can't afford to upgrade to the newest console don't. The TPA tables available for my Xbox 360 are great, & I feel lucky to get them. Let's hope there are more to come, even though the elitists will be disappointed. :)

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Mean, yes, but for those with the newest console, it is a snobby, elitist pleasure knowing you have something that the poor people that can't afford to upgrade to the newest console don't.

+1.

Some people seems to be wealthy here. They can spend 520 bucks for only one game, with 120 bucks for something they already purchased in the past.

OK. But for my part, I can't afford that (even if I could, I'm not even sure I would do it).

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Mean, yes, but for those with the newest console, it is a snobby, elitist pleasure knowing you have something that the poor people that can't afford to upgrade to the newest console don't. The TPA tables available for my Xbox 360 are great, & I feel lucky to get them. Let's hope there are more to come, even though the elitists will be disappointed. :)

That doesn't seem to be the case. I had a PS4 at one time, admittedly for what I thought would be the best version of TPA. From the sound problems to lack of updates to the "marginally improved" table graphics, I realized what a mistake I had made. The PS4 and Xbox One versions should blow any other format out of the water, yet they don't. You were right in that the elitists are getting something the poor people don't, though probably not what they thought they would get.

I hope the PS3 and 360 owners who use TPA continue to get support and updates. With the money they've probably spent towards TPA, it's the least FarSight can do IMO.

Another side reason I got rid of my PS4 is because many of the games I had played on PS4 were also on Steam, and could be had for considerably cheaper if one watches closely for sales. But this mainly works if one can afford a powerful enough computer. Mine supports everything short of DX11.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
That doesn't seem to be the case. I had a PS4 at one time, admittedly for what I thought would be the best version of TPA. From the sound problems to lack of updates to the "marginally improved" table graphics, I realized what a mistake I had made. The PS4 and Xbox One versions should blow any other format out of the water, yet they don't. You were right in that the elitists are getting something the poor people don't, though probably not what they thought they would get.

I hope the PS3 and 360 owners who use TPA continue to get support and updates. With the money they've probably spent towards TPA, it's the least FarSight can do IMO.

Another side reason I got rid of my PS4 is because many of the games I had played on PS4 were also on Steam, and could be had for considerably cheaper if one watches closely for sales. But this mainly works if one can afford a powerful enough computer. Mine supports everything short of DX11.

Sorry you had trouble with your PS4. TPA on Xbox 360 has had, at least for me, minimal bugs & works just fine. The ball gets stuck with the attendant saying it is not sometimes (very rarely) & will give you 2 or 3 players when you asked for 4 sometimes, but you just check b4 you start playing if it does, on No Good Gofers. Other than that no problems so far. :)

Edit: my old laptop would fry if I tried to play games on it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts