Most common drain shots

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
1. Never start Trolls without a lit Madness Multi-Ball. (I'm sure you can stack it with Castle Multi-Ball but shooting the lock is going to be tricky with a Troll popped up.)

2. If Not 1 then catch the ball and let the mode time-out.
Aim for the castle and good things will happen. A lot of the time you will hit the side of the troll heads and register a hit or two.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I'm pretty Cirqus Voltaire is the Queen of Drains
It has a lot of ball saver situations. That's always suspicious. Neon Multiball is much harder than Strobe Multiball despite identical rules. The left ramp is pretty dangerous - particularly the activate lock targets - apart of the ringmaster and the right ring. The only safe place is the juggler/side show eject hole.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Champions pub becomes very drainy when a fight is started. Also, I agree that CV can be the same way, and that the left ramp can be dangerous. Let's keep this about only the shots that drain 100% of the time. I'm taking off the KISS target from CFTBL as we speak. Another good one would be Victory, left flipper to the metal on the right of the FINISH targets, leading to a left outlane (un-nudgeable) drain. This is an attempt to point out the 100% drain shots, and get them in order from most common to least common. Randomness is not a factor in this thread. Like TZ's bumpers. Also, I'm glad that it been pointed out that White Water's kickout doesn't count. I'll do my best to update the list... I know you guys can think of some good ones!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Champions pub becomes very drainy when a fight is started. Also, I agree that CV can be the same way, and that the left ramp can be dangerous. Let's keep this about only the shots that drain 100% of the time. I'm taking off the KISS target from CFTBL as we speak. Another good one would be Victory, left flipper to the metal on the right of the FINISH targets, leading to a left outlane (un-nudgeable) drain. This is an attempt to point out the 100% drain shots, and get them in order from most common to least common. Randomness is not a factor in this thread. Like TZ's bumpers. Also, I'm glad that it been pointed out that White Water's kickout doesn't count. I'll do my best to update the list... I know you guys can think of some good ones!

Fights in Champion Pub can be made a LOT easier by resting the ball against the plug and shooting combos at the ramps. Also stock up on smart punches any way you can (note the easter egg where if you hear a fly buzzing after hitting the heavy bag and press fire, you get a smart punch.

This exploit doesn't work on real tables. Well, I suppose it could, but it depends on the tuning.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
I am not sure if the OP question is meant for just TPA or real life but for real life I can tell you the following combination leads to many instant drains or "no flip" scenarios:

The conditions are:

- any pins
- me
- playing against another player in a competition

Results described above...

Loaf

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I am not sure if the OP question is meant for just TPA or real life but for real life I can tell you the following combination leads to many instant drains or "no flip" scenarios:

The conditions are:

- any pins
- me
- playing against another player in a competition

Results described above...

Loaf

Haha, that's awesome. Can I add one?

- any shot the game after a terrific game.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Just early on the Left Ramp on Dracula, and down the right. Early on backhanding the Coffin Ramp, hit the Altar post, down the left.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Goin' Nuts: Just press start and watch the first ball drain in the middle.

RBION: The tombstones on the lower left caused so many drains...

Xenonite

Oct 7, 2014
Lock preparation in CFBTL has led to many asphyxiations of virtual snack bar workers as of late. I'm looking at you, right hand targets... at least they rotate on bumper hits.

Other annoying shots: early shots on Delta Ramp in STTNG lead to right outlane (how are yours going to the left? Confusing...), any bricked or returning shot from Command Decision or Neutral Zone in STTNG, TZ's left-ramp-can't-quite-get-it-all-the-way-up syndrome, basically any shot on TOTAN, where both outlanes as well as the drain have vacuums on them, any shot to the bumpers on TZ, where it can go down either (!) outlane with surprising speed, MM's peasant ramp, which you always seem to have to slap save in a different direction each time, MM's catapult shot, AFM saucer shots from the left flipper...

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts