Most Difficult Table

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
- #480 Central Park: can't seem to figure it out, maybe it's particularly tough on PC/keyboard. No trouble at all getting all 15 EB's, just can't score.

The margins on this table are extremely slim. You're at 6300 and top sixty is 7700. That's only a couple good/lucky balls.

The one key I found is to make sure you're not aiming at the center wall (where the special targets are), aim off to the sides so the ball can go upwards into the bumpers. The jughandles are the best shots to make.

- #88 Safe Cracker: too much luck factor? Also: Candy is a filthy whore.

The keys: Light the outlanes from the scoop. Ignore TNT multiball. All the points come from keeping Vault multiball going for a long time. And pause-cheat your ass off at the board game.

Honorable mention: #51 Earthshaker: the manic music is awesomely great but makes my blood pressure get uncomfortably high in longer games

Just turn off the music in TPA. It feels like a wimp-out but it seriously matters. Class of 1812 is the other one where you really have to do that to avoid feeling rushed into everything.

BTW, I also hate video modes. If I wanted to play a video game I would play a video game. The collision detection on those is always terrible and the games always feel sluggish.

I have no proof, but I'm absolutely convinced that TPA runs the DMD on several frames of lag behind the rest of the game. Every single video mode in TPA feels inexcusably sluggish. On real machines they don't feel like that at all.

gordonabrown

May 3, 2016
I must be in the minority but I really enjoy Safe Cracker. It's got short game-times which is nice because I find some tables just drag (i.e. Scared Stiff). Plus, as an avid board game player the mechanics of the game section are fun for me.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
[MENTION=6108]gordonabrown[/MENTION], what board games do you play? I'm an avid board gamer too, but Safecracker is super disappointing in this area because it's not really a board game at all, it's just completely random, you make no decisions and affect nothing.

gordonabrown

May 3, 2016
I hear what you're saying - I think it's more the novelty aspect of it that I enjoy. I'm unashamed to admit that. I think I tend to enjoy a table which has unique features (er...except Goin' Nuts).

As for board games, my current favourite is Colt Express - always a lot of fun and a laugh. But my friends and I have also been enjoying playing Jamaica and Smallworld recently too, amongst others.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
[MENTION=6108]gordonabrown[/MENTION], what board games do you play? I'm an avid board gamer too, but Safecracker is super disappointing in this area because it's not really a board game at all, it's just completely random, you make no decisions and affect nothing.

The one real life Safe Cracker I played actually was also the only pinball I've played that was outfitted with a ticket dispenser.

Considering the semi-random nature of Safe Cracker, I thought the ticket dispenser option actually was pretty darn appropriate. :p

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
I play on Xbox 360 so the table selection is limited to what is available, though I have not bought them all due to lack of funds. :)

I have never gotten any of the Wiz Goals on AFM, & that is notable. Never started Trip on RBION. Got the Warp thingie on STTNG b4 I finished Standard Goals, so it didn't count, since completing SG haven't been able to get the Warp again, frustrating.

None of my scores are anything like the Pinball Wizards here on TPA forum, so I guess I'm not very good. All the tables are pretty difficult, Gorgar comes to mind, never been any good on it. MB has a couple Wiz Goals that continue to elude. :)

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
None of my scores are anything like the Pinball Wizards here on TPA forum, so I guess I'm not very good. All the tables are pretty difficult

Nudging is mandatory. Once used to it, it's almost like you can control the ball.

Learning the predefined ball paths helps a lot too. Most tables become then a railroad simulation. ^^

For the Pinball Wizards on TPA forum, don't pay attention to them. At some point, playing a 12-hours game have no more meaning, it's just a matter of exploiting the big physics flaws (railroads again)... and the safe way to nudge on PC.

Plus the fact that I'm convinced that some PC players cheat, as it's very easy to calibrate the controller analog stick on PC, in order to never trigger Tilt warning, and so never tilt a table. *cough* *cough*

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012

Just because the board game in Safecracker is completely random and no decisions are made by the player doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a board game. For instance, movement in Candyland is completely random, but it is still a board game. Maybe your argument should be that Safecracker isn't a very good board game instead.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
BSD drives me nuts. My best score, by an absolute long shot was my first game. I just can't time things and if I hit one ball wrong, it is over.

Junkyard is a game where I find it really hard to aim shots. About the only thing I can do consistently from game to game is get extra balls from the left flipper.

Champions Pub's right outlane is only beaten by Firepower for its unholy thirst for balls. But I've learned to be more strategic and slower when fighting opponents. Trapping the ball helps a lot. But once the ball gets on the bumpers, you are at the will of the right out lane.

Central Park, the extra ball max isn't too hard, but how do you score so many points on that table in a single ball? My nudging must still be at the novice level.
I think it is nice because it drags down the best pinballers to the level of just being very good and makes me feel better about myself as a pinballer. :D

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Nudging is mandatory. Once used to it, it's almost like you can control the ball.

Learning the predefined ball paths helps a lot too. Most tables become then a railroad simulation. ^^

For the Pinball Wizards on TPA forum, don't pay attention to them. At some point, playing a 12-hours game have no more meaning, it's just a matter of exploiting the big physics flaws (railroads again)... and the safe way to nudge on PC.

Plus the fact that I'm convinced that some PC players cheat, as it's very easy to calibrate the controller analog stick on PC, in order to never trigger Tilt warning, and so never tilt a table. *cough* *cough*

Thanks Tann, I nudge, but with mixed results. Plus, sometimes the ball fires back SDTM so fast there is very little time to nudge. :)

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Hardest for me is Champion's Pub. Or maybe I should say it's the hardest one that I enjoy enough to play Fairly often. It's so cramped and claustrophobic, and the jump rope thing is tedious beyond measure, but the fights are so much fun I can cope with the irritation for a game or two. Star Trek is just a nose behind in terms of difficulty, mostly because every other ball I lose is because of that "middle ramp post to the left outlane" ricochet of doom.

I pretty much hate all video modes, and I take a dive whenever one starts, just to get it over with. Terminator 2 is the only exception I can think of. I kind of like that one. Perhaps that's because it's the only one I can complete.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I almost forgot to mention Diner. I think this pin is pretty darn difficult on TPA. The iOS version plays fast with super hungry outlanes. I actually have longer ball times on real life Diner pins. There aren't too many tables I can say that about.

Last edited:

Anubis

Jun 4, 2016
Personally, I consider Starship Troopers nearly unplayable on iOS. I want to like it. I like the music and rule set. It's just too much of a drain monster. It's not challenging in a "fun" way.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
^ Firepower got the fix on PC but not on ps yet.

I had that bug appearing during the current tournament on PC. I think on Sunday.

For me the most difficult table is F-14 Tomcat. And I like that table. But I have so many problems aiming on this bloody thing and there are so many shots which can cause the ball to drain, it's crazy. Very close second rank goes to Fish Tales. Again a table I like playing, but damn I wish I was better at it. The only reason I find it slightly less difficult than F-14 is because I have played it more often and have at least some idea on what to do.

F-14 is usually one decent ball, and the rest is not worth mentioning. Multiballs are often just a drainfest. My High Score is at 6.4m and damn is it difficult for me getting close to this score again. And don't get me started on the 250k launch bonus wizard goal, although I don't use wizard goals to determine how difficult a table is.

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
Creature From the Black Lagoon and Harley Davidson. I can say these are impossible for me if using the keyboard, but seem fine using a controller. The flippers seem to have lag or are not sensitive enough on these two for some reason.

Wasarasormi

Jun 2, 2016
Top 3 at the moment:

1. Firepower
-If you don't drain within 2 seconds, the table will end your quest for high score by getting stuck with infinite bonus loop. Even without the bug, this would be brutal enough for top 3.

2. Flight 2000
-More like Flight of 2000 Restarts. Have a great game going? How about next several balls drain straight from the plunge. And good luck trying to get that outer right inlane target.

3. Champion Pub
-Timed modes with the ability to lose your already gained points if you make one mistake. Also Wizard Mode is bugged. Enough said.

Honorable mention:
Central Park
-Restart, restart... restart

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts