MS Frankenstein Twitchstream.....

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
So some news items from the stream:

- Frankenstein table will be released on PC and a good chance on Google Play
- iOS is delayed at least a week
- Focusing on PS4/PS3/Vita releases next with the aim of a release on Tuesday the 3rd
- Xbox (One) release is focus next but they don't have a date yet to give
- The new UI will be available (in beta form) on Steam tomorrow with the release
- To get beta UI you need to sign up for the beta (info will be in the newsletter)
- Lots of placeholder images for UI beta currently
- Tables are displayed in row/column format
- There is a "Play Random" button you can click to play a randomly selected table
- You can sort tables via the following: A-Z/Rating/Table Goals/Year/Manufacturer/Table Pack
- You can rate tables now (up to 5 stars) to sort by those
- UI tourney button has a countdown timer to show when the next tourney starts
- No news on Stern App. They weren't allowed to give any information it. But did have a few moments where they probably wish they could take back what they said "Winter is on it's way...we'll say that....no it's not. We're not officially saying anything"
- Challenge mode will likely get an update at some point
- UI on consoles will be a wait

The Frankenstein table looked really good as far as the quality of what they did with it. I've only played the table once and did enjoy it. The DMD is pretty nice for it. 6-ball multiball. It's a high scoring table so millions are given away freely. It's also going to be another Teen rated table (Starship Troopers being the other). They did have to do some licensing for it (De Niro).

Looking forward to playing it more than I was before given what they showed off. Looks like a fun, generous table, that you can just relax and play rather than sweating making specific shots.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Let's not forget that the music for the new UI is the licensed version of Pinball Wizard. Sounded like the non-Who version. So I would like to officially start the "we are getting the Tommy pin" rumor.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I only watched the beginning of the stream.
As far as I understand it:

-The New GUI Beta is DX9 only and does not support Portrait Mode.

Last edited:

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
No DX11 totally sucks, but at least they got rid of the table wheel. They improved a lot of things with this new UI, but right now it's looking a bit ugly.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I only watched the beginning of the stream.
As far as I understand it:

-The New GUI Beta is DX9 only and does not support Portrait Mode.

They were playing the DX11 version later and pretty sure they launched from the new UI.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Looks like a fun, generous table, that you can just relax and play rather than sweating making specific shots.
Heh, just you wait...

Thanks for taking the time to post all this info, it's very appreciated! I'm not looking forward to the UI but I am greatly looking forward to Game of Thrones!

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
They seriously should begin thinking about portrait mode when they start developing things.
Especially with all that mobile devices.
Maybe buy a display with pivot function for the team so they don't have to imagine how it looks like

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
2 strikes and I'm out.
Mike noted in the comments that the Dx11 was not in on the build "they" had but it sounded like they would have a different build released so Dx11 is not ruled out at all the way he worded it. Sounded like the open beta would be all inclusive.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
They seriously should begin thinking about portrait mode when they start developing things.
Especially with all that mobile devices.
Maybe buy a display with pivot function for the team so they don't have to imagine how it looks like

Their lack of interest of portrait/cabs has always astounded me. The game is so obviously more suited to portrait orientation and any monitor can be rotated with a cheap bracket. If we lived in a world where monitors were portrait by default, then it's like EA demoing their football game in portrait mode rather that rotating the monitor.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts