My console resets randomly to PS3-menue

chihuahua

Oct 19, 2015
Did I get this right? Does the PS3 crash even in offline mode?

Best I can tell, no, it doesn't. Only way I can get TPA to crash is trying to reconnect to the server several times. As long as I press the back button between games when the server message pops up, I can keep playing for hours without a problem.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
i hadn't tried to be all beta-tester about it, but yeah i think i ran into this myself while having my PS3 offline, but accidentally selecting the "tourney" menu - it gets stuck repeatedly telling me "the internet connection is disabled", and 'O' on the game controller never gets me back out. i had to do a 'hard quit' (holding down the 'P' button for a few secs, where normally you only have to tap it to get control) from the game to get out of this loop... maybe look at the underlying handling of offline consoles and see what's happening...

yeah, starting up the game off of the net still gets the 'off the net' startup screen, but pushing the 'O' then doesn't loop up like when your inside the main menu. it doesn't strike me as too odd if it isn't at all unrelated to the iOS (at least) "authenticated certificate" ish, just for timing's sake.

p.s. just to re-state clearly - i get a bad loop-up/loop-in from the main menu->tourney even when my console's set offline - think you can get into this same bad state from other menus too, but that's a definite for me! so maybe start looking from there.

p.s. 2: GGAAAHHH! i think anymore i'm better skilled at soft landings in flight sims than i am liable to do at a good game with "addams family!" love those lawlor tables, but gaaaahhhh some of them are really hard to get a good play from!

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I stand corrected. I completed "a" wizard goal (ie: the special)

Thank's Gorgar, I looked like a lying dick.

Aaah! That wasn't my intention. I have just been sitting around, earning hundreds of Safecracker tokens over the last few days. I was just wondering if I could go for the Flight Bonus on F-14 instead. (And I am temporarily hiding from the Frankenstein Creature Feature goal. Something tells me that it might be less frustrating to go through hundreds of duplicate tokens than to get eight consecutive ramp shots on Frankenstein without missing)

I don't know if you are offended or are being sarcastic. Thus is the mystery of the internet.

The Digital Man

Nov 21, 2014
Aaah! That wasn't my intention. I have just been sitting around, earning hundreds of Safecracker tokens over the last few days. I was just wondering if I could go for the Flight Bonus on F-14 instead. (And I am temporarily hiding from the Frankenstein Creature Feature goal. Something tells me that it might be less frustrating to go through hundreds of duplicate tokens than to get eight consecutive ramp shots on Frankenstein without missing)

I don't know if you are offended or are being sarcastic. Thus is the mystery of the internet.

My poor effort to properly punctuate did nothing to express my sentiment either. I'm not offended, I am constantly sarcastic.

Cheer's mate...

Flummoxed

Mar 16, 2016
For about the last three weeks, I tried accessing tournament option, receiving message stating "must be logged in to access tournaments". I am logged in, certain of it. Also, when trying to access leaderboards, it just endlessly shows "loading"...I even tried the time-consuming process of deleting and re-downloading the game and tables (I own all of them), twice. No luck. I saw some mentioning they thought this was an overseas players only issue, but Im in the USA. I guess it's being worked on, but no idea what the problem is. Hope current tournament not going on, and I'm not able to compete because of this. Nothing one can do, other than alerting them to the problem. Just frustrating not knowing if it's an issue with the individual PS3, with Playstation Network, or with game manufacturer. When this first started happening a few weeks ago, the on-line helpers at PSN, wanted me to go through some long process of basically erasing everything from the PS3, re-downloading it, etc. Didnt sound right- I honestly dont think the guy helping me had even heard of Pinball Arcade- I think he was just doing what his handbook instructed him to do. Anyway, hope solved soon.

Oct 15, 2013
I get the same message on the tournament menu. Also when scrolling through the tables it says there has been an error and I'm kicked off of PSN. If I try to sign in again it goes through the ticket process but the same issues occur.

I'm in the US too and using a super slim PS3. This is probably a widespread problem.

It's worked fine in the past so something has obviously broken.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
What error were you running into when trying to purchase tables?

no error.. I just wanted to buy a friend the starter pack. I dont play online (crappy wifi) so I havent experienced any of the online issues. hes a newbie so he shouldnt be to worried about leaderboard stuff. I already purchased him a 10 dollar psn card and if he has any problems ill let u know.

thanks again.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I'm finding today that after every game is pauses to unsuccessively access the leaderboards. I wish there was a way to turn off leaderboard connectivity since it's a function that I don't care about and it is now interfering with my game.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I'm finding today that after every game is pauses to unsuccessively access the leaderboards. I wish there was a way to turn off leaderboard connectivity since it's a function that I don't care about and it is now interfering with my game.
We've contacted Sony regarding the issue. I believe you can avoid it by disabling your internet connection in the PlayStation internet connection settings.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I tried my PS4 for a while this evening, and that worked fine, including Leaderboard access. I should try my PS3 later.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I tried my PS4 for a while this evening, and that worked fine, including Leaderboard access. I should try my PS3 later.

PS4 isn't affected by the issue with the authorization which is causing the leaderboard to not function properly. It's only PS3 and Vita that is affected.

Members online

Members online