My Pinball Arcade Cabinet (iPinCade)

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Wow!!
That’s one sweet 'cab!! I bet that Bluetooth speaker enhances the "fun quotient" by at least a factor of two!!!

It makes a huge difference; especially the added bass. But you don't need a cabinet to use a bluetooth speaker!

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
I just tried the Jambox here with both of my TPA iDevices and got a ~0.5 second sound delay from within TPA. Kinda what I expected, but I thought I'd give it a shot...

I'll stick with wired headphones when I want immersive sound.

Codeena

May 5, 2013
New iPinCade Logo Decals and Backbox Artwork

Hi again all. I created some iPinCade logo art for my cabinet. I made two versions of the logo by implementing "iPin" to ION's original iCade logo style. I then updated my translite (with several other alterations), and added decals to both sides of the backbox. Here are some pics.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
A couple of friends have asked me if I'll make duplicates of the mini-cab I made for them. I'm going to be making multiple units concurrently. If anyone here is interested, PM me to discuss.

I'm located in the East Bay Northern California area which would make it easier for anyone local instead of shipping it.

3dm2.jpg

eharan

May 21, 2012
Sotie,

It looks great! I would definitely be interested in one of these. I have a new in box iCade that I could get to you to use.

Please let me know the cost. I live in NJ so would need it shipped.

Regards
Ed

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Sotie,

It looks great! I would definitely be interested in one of these. I have a new in box iCade that I could get to you to use.

Please let me know the cost. I live in NJ so would need it shipped.

Regards
Ed

I sent you a private message.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I've had an idea you might be able to use for tilting... depending on how keen you are, you could try making a DIY tilt-bob like this:
87xm1yF.gif

but rather than have a single ring, have several points of contact that it could hit, corresponding with a particular tilt button direction. I don't know how easy or hard it would be (especially in something so small) but I guess it's something to consider, depending on how far you want to take it!

Edit: I'd be interested in one of those mini cabs as well, but I can't imagine the cost to ship to Australia would be very convenient or efficient :(

Codeena

May 5, 2013
I've had an idea you might be able to use for tilting... depending on how keen you are, you could try making a DIY tilt-bob like this:
87xm1yF.gif

but rather than have a single ring, have several points of contact that it could hit, corresponding with a particular tilt button direction. I don't know how easy or hard it would be (especially in something so small) but I guess it's something to consider, depending on how far you want to take it!

Edit: I'd be interested in one of those mini cabs as well, but I can't imagine the cost to ship to Australia would be very convenient or efficient :(

Thanks for sharing Shaneus. I've seen tilt bobs that builders have used in their full-size virtual pin cabs, and they seem happy with them. It would be a challenge to implement an actual tilt bob in my iPinCade since the cab is pretty small, but maybe something smaller would work.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Thanks for sharing Shaneus. I've seen tilt bobs that builders have used in their full-size virtual pin cabs, and they seem happy with them. It would be a challenge to implement an actual tilt bob in my iPinCade since the cab is pretty small, but maybe something smaller would work.

There's another issue that's more fundamental than size. There's no way for it to communicate with the iPad.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
There's another issue that's more fundamental than size. There's no way for it to communicate with the iPad.

You would wire it into the physical button(s), neutral on the bob, then 4 wires and contacts even spaced on the ring...

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
You would wire it into the physical button(s), neutral on the bob, then 4 wires and contacts even spaced on the ring...

Okay, I think I get the general idea now. So the four wires spaced around the ring would go to the iCade nudge wiring? Two to the left and two to the right nudge?

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Another way is perhaps having some kind of ball bearing/tube system. Two contacts at the end of a tube, when you nudge the ball rolls onto the contacts (and away again, if you get the angle right) and closes the circuit. Could do that for both the forward nudge and horizontal as well, by having two contacts at each end of a horizontal tube for the latter, depending on which way the ball rolls. No idea about diagonal ones though... maybe just have *those* as buttons ;)

Members online

Members online