NASCAR Pinball in Leesburg, VA

You may have seen my post on heading back home this past weekend, but I went to visit my family in VA instead, near Leesburg. Only machine I found was a NASCAR, made by Stern in 2005, Pat Lawlor Design. It was located in Kingpinz, which I had the opportunity to visit in Leesburg on July 9th. I can confirm that it did have NASCAR pinball. Dirty playfield with dirty flippers, but it played well nonetheless. It was also $1.00 per game, but since the Replay was 8M (and added that amount each Replay afterward), I only put in a few dollars in. Man, this game was fun. I don't see why people hate it; NASCAR's a pretty fun game, especially from Stern.

Unfortunately the opto wasn't working to detect Left Ramp shots (I'll contact them about it, though) and the Test Car remained in the Up position. No matter, though; I put up a few decent games despite getting no high scores. (Speaking of which, I hear that someone got almost 1.5 BILLION on that game. The next score was the default 100M and #4 being 50M. Must be something that kept getting hit without the ball that caused that?) My highest score was 36,625,360; on that game, I scored 10M on a mode called Bump 'N Run (involved hitting the Test Car and the Garage for big points, with the Spinners adding to the value), and then another 10M from the Mode Bonus on the 3-bank of drops.

Sad that I didn't get to play Multiball, but at least I enjoyed playing most of the modes available to me! Hope either this or Grand Prix (or Dale Jr., if he's generous enough) comes over to TPA someday.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.