#3 D'Angelo Russell
#4 Emmanuel Mudiay or Justise Winslow
#5 Kristap Porzingis

And Batum @ Charlotte... :mad:

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You should hear the endless debate here in Los Angeles on the radio regarding if we should take Okafor or Russel. If we take Okafor, it's business as usual with getting a 'big man' on the team. If we take Russel, it show we're moving forward in the franchise but risking that their is true upside for him. And then there's the 'do we trade the pick' talk for Cousins.

This needs to be over so I can then get worked up over free agency.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think the Lakers will take Russel. Just a gut feeling. I've been reading a lot of talk about LA liking him. That is who I would like my sad Sixers to end up with. Wouldn't shock me if the Sixers trade their pick just to irritate me.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
OMagic

I think the Lakers will take Russel. Just a gut feeling. I've been reading a lot of talk about LA liking him. That is who I would like my sad Sixers to end up with. Wouldn't shock me if the Sixers trade their pick just to irritate me.
----
As long as my OMagic (#5 & 51 picks)make some good to great picks, I am very happy. ;)

invitro

May 4, 2012
Your sad Sixers are gonna be dominating the East in a few years, so just have some patience.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well now that that's done (as far as the Lakers are concerned), here comes free agency! We did what we do, pick the PG and now comes the second part, buy the established big. I won't be surprised in the least if Kevin Love is wearing the purple and gold this season. I think Aldridge will go to San Antonio.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Well now that that's done (as far as the Lakers are concerned), here comes free agency! We did what we do, pick the PG and now comes the second part, buy the established big. I won't be surprised in the least if Kevin Love is wearing the purple and gold this season. I think Aldridge will go to San Antonio.
------
I sure hope Love leaves Cleveland eh.:)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Pretty sure he'll stay in Cleveland.
But I suck at speculations. :D

Pros of staying:
1) Team made it to Finals and could easily again
2) Playing in Eastern Conference, so even a sub .500 season can get you into the playoffs
3) Playing with #1 player in league

Cons of staying:
1) You're in god forsaken Cleveland
2) You're not appreciated and were almost not even needed to win the title
3) Your coach spends most of his time being the #1 player in the league
4) Did I mention Cleveland? Nobody actually chooses to go there! It's a town people daydream about one day being able to leave.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Knick drafted a string bean.

The reaction in the stands to that was funny. Former Laker Michael Thompson and dad to Clay, yesterday when they were talking who they'd pick in the draft on the radio, he picked the string bean. Said that's how he looked at that age, and it'd be quite easy to pack 40 pounds on the kid over the next few years. He admitted it's a long term play and not an immediate fix though. Makes me wonder if Phil was thinking the same way.

invitro

May 4, 2012
The best thing about this guy is that he's Latvian... my momma was born in Latvia so I am half-Latvian! I guess the all-time best Latvian NBA player is Andris Biedriņš.

The second-best thing is that his name requires a letter with a diacritical mark that I haven't seen on an NBA player:

Kristaps Porziņģis

I wonder if they will be on his jersey. Does anyone know if diacritical marks appear on any NBA jerseys? Maybe a tilde? Or the umlaut on Schroder? (EDIT: yes for Schroder, looks like no for Biedrins.)

jpg168

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Does anyone know if diacritical marks appear on any NBA jerseys? Maybe a tilde? Or the umlaut on Schroder?

I don't think there are? This guy is gonna just have his name 'mericanized anyway and used with an abundance of "zing" puns

BigFoot HotFoot

Apr 3, 2015
That would be a cool jersey (Porziņģis) if they put the markings on there.. If the Knicks can bulk him up and pick up some big brutes in the 2016 free agency class, they can get back to respectability .

The NY Post headline today was - "ZINGED".

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.