New 4:3 views too small

jayzee359

Aug 12, 2013
After the latest android update which said uses 4:3 cameras on all tables, it seems more zoomed out and makes the playfield look much smaller. I never had a problem with the old view and now is harder to see. Has anyone else noticed this? I was very used to the original views. It would be great to be able to switch back to the previous view. I use a galaxy tab s2 9 inch. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
This was, I think a response to SPA's cameras on 4:3 devices, which were too zoomed in to the extent that on most tables the bottom of the flippers were cut off making the tables unplayable.

Therefore the response was to change the engine code to use the 4:3 table views (already set up for iPads) when a 4:3 device was detected; and this got applied to TPA as well.

I agree that the 4:3 views are now too zoomed out, and I meant to go compare tables on a couple of iPads (my wife has an Air 2 and my kids have Minis). My guess is, iPad users are used to these zoomed-out views, Android users at 4:3 just need to get used to them... but I agree they could zoom in a bit more, I don't need to see the rules card or bottom of the backglass.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
or just give as adjustable camera options because their defaults views suck big times and are very inconsistent.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
This was, I think a response to SPA's cameras on 4:3 devices, which were too zoomed in to the extent that on most tables the bottom of the flippers were cut off making the tables unplayable.

Therefore the response was to change the engine code to use the 4:3 table views (already set up for iPads) when a 4:3 device was detected; and this got applied to TPA as well.

I agree that the 4:3 views are now too zoomed out, and I meant to go compare tables on a couple of iPads (my wife has an Air 2 and my kids have Minis). My guess is, iPad users are used to these zoomed-out views, Android users at 4:3 just need to get used to them... but I agree they could zoom in a bit more, I don't need to see the rules card or bottom of the backglass.

We will be updating older tables cameras which should resolve this issue.

jayzee359

Aug 12, 2013
I have downloaded the latest release and the view has not changed. On other devices I have checked like ipad and galaxy 5 phone the view is normal and has the flippers at the bottom where I am stuck with the whole bottom of the pinball machine with the instruction card and bottom of the back glass all visible. It needs to be zoomed in a bit like it used to be. I'm not sure what device this new view was an improvement on but it makes all of the tables look much smaller on my galaxy s2 9.7. Please fix this.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I have downloaded the latest release and the view has not changed. On other devices I have checked like ipad and galaxy 5 phone the view is normal and has the flippers at the bottom where I am stuck with the whole bottom of the pinball machine with the instruction card and bottom of the back glass all visible. It needs to be zoomed in a bit like it used to be. I'm not sure what device this new view was an improvement on but it makes all of the tables look much smaller on my galaxy s2 9.7. Please fix this.

Which table(s) are you referring to?

Cumin

Mar 12, 2017
Any chance that this regression will be fixed in a future release? I was anxious to buy new tables, but the game has become unplayable on 4/3 devices… too bad…

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Any chance that this regression will be fixed in a future release? I was anxious to buy new tables, but the game has become unplayable on 4/3 devices… too bad…

I wouldn't go so far as to say "unplayable". "Unplayable" would be game-breaking bugs that make it impossible to play the game. The word "unplayable" is tossed around a little too liberally for my liking. I'm quite able to play every game in TPA with the current camera angles; I was able to complete all the Wizard Goals in Cactus Jack's, and every other table plays the same as it always has.

Cumin

Mar 12, 2017
To me it's unplayable since of lost the pleasure to play. I've purchased almost half of available tables, but I stopped playing since the last update. I had a chance to see Cactus Jack on a 16/9 tab, it has nothing to do, it's great!

Well, the solution might be to get a new - another - tab just for TPA…

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013

We will revert back to previous version until all 4:3 cameras have all been updated in the next release.

jayzee359

Aug 12, 2013
I have downloaded the newest version with Swords of Fury and I am happy to say that the table views are now correct. In fact, they are also good in the new release of Stern TPA which, now that I can play it properly is great. Thank you for correcting this.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.