New JJP: Dialed In by Pat Lawlor

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
well he did just dial it in...

from the name i was kinda hoping for a 80s/90s style parody (with some doctor dude)of the modern connected world, to constrast with its tech and glitizy features. for me doctor dude is 90s cheese at its stinkiest, ive always been very fond of the theme and the reflex shots

anyway....going by the pics who knows what the theme is

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Name and theme look like a total zero to me. But the pin itself looks pretty cool from what I could see on pinside. Hope it plays well.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
that's a huge apron. looks like the flippers aren't centered also.

The flippers are centered. The apron isn't. There's the same number of lanes on each side of the flippers. Left side has outlane, inlane, inlane. Right side has inlane, outlane, plunger. Same as Addams and TZ among many others.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Umm... interesting. First look it's some kind of weird cross between Junk Yard and Attack From Mars. Definitely a Lawlor though with all the cartoon characters.

As for the apron looking big, it doesn't have any cards on it so it just looks bigger, I think.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Says it's the first pin to feature Bluetooth connectivity to a smartphone. Is that why it's 'dialed in'?

Well, it's not like he doesn't know what he's doing. I'm sure it'll be good.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Remove the cell phone and rename the machine Quantum City. Or retheme it as a Futurama machine.

I like the layout but the theme definitely isn't for me, although some of the things the phone does throughout the game are pretty cool.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I just don't see this doing well. I don't care how well it shoots. I don't care how good the rules are. In the end, it's a cell phone theme with some cheesy looking toys. And at 9k for the regular model, how many ops are going to buy one? Like I said on Pinside, we got JJP with a cell phone game, Stern with a good lookin but overpriced Batman theme (come on! Batmobile on only the SUPER LE cabs!) and an Alien game that looks like something Sega would have cranked out in the 90's minus the deeper rules and LCD screens.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, it does look pretty cheesy, imo. Could be a cool game if it had better art and toys.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
At first glance I was hoping it was a meta theme about destroying the phones of people who text/talk at the theater, but no - that was too much to hope for.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I think Dialed In looks like the most fun of all the games I've seen pics of so far recently - Batman 66, Alien, Hobbit, Houdini, Iron Maiden etc

If only they didn't all keep hiking the prices up and up and up. People like me who will never buy a NIB and rely on the filtering down of second hand machines after a few years will never see one, as these prices mean less ops will bother, and the only home owners who can afford them will probably have so much space and money they'll never sell.

Shame. Just as the hobby was expanding again and they needed to lower prices and make the games easier and more accessible, they do the opposite.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
I think Dialed In looks like the most fun of all the games I've seen pics of so far recently - Batman 66, Alien, Hobbit, Houdini, Iron Maiden etc

Iron Maiden...is that a confirmed table? Is there any details on that? I always said...if an Iron Maiden table came out...id buy it. :)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
There's pictures of it so I assume so. Another Dirty Donny art job, looks great but the theme leaves me cold.

That's probably a custom one. Stern has yet to announce Iron Maiden (if it's coming). However, pics of Aerosmith are in Dirty Donny's book that was at expo. That one is coming.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.