New logo needed!

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
dXCZGiE.png

This one is alright, like the way Digital looks and the red in Pinball makes it stand out.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
That looks good. I like it a lot better without the extra flippers and stuff.

Maybe we can have a few different logos and a javascript that rotates them randomly, that way there’s one everyone likes. :p

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I'm travelling and don't currently have access to PS to do a decent job. Can we not just modify the existing logo to suit.

eyXqdSD.png

p.s I like Jrolson's work.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
dXCZGiE.png

While I like this getting less "busy", I miss a bit the logo in the logo - if you know what I mean. Also, I believe there should be a maximum of 2 Fonts/Colors.

GATESzk.png

I absolutely love the ball! I wouldn't go for 3 rows of text though. I think Digital and Pinball aligned to the left and the ball and fans on the right hand side - argh, hope I can make it clear, what I mean

Digital (ball)
Pinball Fans

Not sure about the font itself, but I wouldn't change the color.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
dXCZGiE.png

While I like this getting less "busy", I miss a bit the logo in the logo - if you know what I mean. Also, I believe there should be a maximum of 2 Fonts/Colors.

GATESzk.png

I absolutely love the ball! I wouldn't go for 3 rows of text though. I think Digital and Pinball aligned to the left and the ball and fans on the right hand side - argh, hope I can make it clear, what I mean

Digital (ball)
Pinball Fans

Not sure about the font itself, but I wouldn't change the color.

Yeah, the 3 rows of lettering leaves too much unwanted negative space. I would like to see a two row alpha numeric display say 'digital pinball', ala Funhouse and other system 11 games, and then a second font could be used for 'fans'. Placement of 'fans' could have all sorts of experimentation, whether same height as alpha box, same as one row, written vertically, on it's side, etc. My personal taste would be to lean more on a simple but thick font, with no effects added. Maybe a red outline like a flipper rubber would have on white lettering, but I'd have to see it. Be interesting to see it in chrome too.

Ball scale and placement is tricky. I too like what jrolson is playing with on my idea, but lose the green strings and bring the digital chunks a bit closer. Keep in mind, background color is determined by the site, so all designs need to be on a no color backing. That would also allow for a finished design to be put elsewhere should the need arise. The advantage of that alpha numeric font is it could go on any color since it's contained in it's own box. I like seeing how the various logos jrolson has done appear on the background current to this site, but I'd also like to see it on white and black.

For those wondering, the ratio I believe being used is 1000 pixels by 315 or very close to it. Gord would have to say what the actual site requires. That's the advantage of vector based programs, you can design in any size and then let the sites scale accordingly without having to worry about image degradation.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I was tired of seeing the old, wrong name, so I quickly whipped something up using a digital font I had on the computer. I have no idea whether it'll stay like that, or we get a proper logo in the future, but that's what it is for now.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Have you guys given some thought on how to integrate the PFX3 Williams/Bally tables in the existing forum structure? Right now everything is still very TPA-centric, despite the name change.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Yes, we actually have and we are aware of this. But it takes a while to get everything done. It's on the way.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.