New Mobile Tournament for iOS & Android starting 8/15/2014

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
I am busting my ass to get into gold league. I've got like 25 people to beat, but their average is not much higher. I waltzed through bronze league last month, but this is no joke. :)

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Is the tourney just three tiers: gold, silver, bronze? Can you drop down a tier if you score too low?

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
Is the tourney just three tiers: gold, silver, bronze? Can you drop down a tier if you score too low?

Yes, I'm in silver tier, and it looks like if I were to drop below 215th place overall, I would get sent back to bronze next month. Fortunately I just got in the top 25, so unless I get super sniped by tomorrow, it looks like I will be moving on to Gold next month. :D

I'm far from one of the best players in this tier, but I do try to be very well rounded. I just look at the tourney tables I'm falling behind the most, and fixate on those. This has been a very challenging tourney. I've enjoyed it a lot. :cool:

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I just look at the tourney tables I'm falling behind the most, and fixate on those. This has been a very challenging tourney. I've enjoyed it a lot. :cool:

That's exactly my strategy too! My low table is F2K, and I just can't seem to make headway on it. Those outlanes seem magnetic during this tourney.

I've enjoyed beefing up my game on the tables I'm weak in this tourney. But I sure hope we never see GN in a tournament.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
That's exactly my strategy too! My low table is F2K, and I just can't seem to make headway on it. Those outlanes seem magnetic during this tourney.

I've enjoyed beefing up my game on the tables I'm weak in this tourney. But I sure hope we never see GN in a tournament.

TomL
Going Nuts was in a tourney. It was the worst tourney. It also had HD. 😩

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
Okay so I got a few personal bests in this tourney, but they don't show up in my regular high scores. Will they be added to my regular high scores after the tournament?

Tensikka

Aug 18, 2014
Hi all. Played my first tournament last month, now on silver and currently leading :) I have been playing TPA since it was released to IOS. Anyway, whishing all best of luck to tourney, I'll keep pushing, aiming to have 4 1st positions (always dream big).

Any reference scores from gold-division? I have now 210M in MM for example. Just curious about difference in results between "minors" and "major-league".

Tensikka

Aug 18, 2014
Correct. No high scores are saved to personal bests nor are standard or wizard goals allowed to be achieved.

And aren't those achieved way before tournament anyway :)

What bugs me most is some annoying bugs in tables, like lock-shot in Black Knight (3rd ball fails 3/4 times). Well, game is still playable, just have to "call attendant" and lose 15sek.

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
Hi all. Played my first tournament last month, now on silver and currently leading :) I have been playing TPA since it was released to IOS. Anyway, whishing all best of luck to tourney, I'll keep pushing, aiming to have 4 1st positions (always dream big).

Any reference scores from gold-division? I have now 210M in MM for example. Just curious about difference in results between "minors" and "major-league".

Hi

1st on MM is dylan_h with 279M, 210 would get you 9th place atm.

tongowefli

Aug 10, 2013
What's up with no extra balls in black hole. Was on a great roll then realized no extra ball for roll under out of the gravity well is this just me or is everyone having this problem.

s1mp13m4n

Jul 9, 2013
Hello everyone. I am a legally blind pinball player. I love playing pinball. Do they have a Mac OS tourney? A larger screen helps me. How do I figure out what level I am in for the tourneys? I just played an 11M+ game on Pin Bot, BUT Mac OS is not part of the tourney. I do play on my iPad but I find it awkward compared to using the keyboard on my iMac.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
What's up with no extra balls in black hole. Was on a great roll then realized no extra ball for roll under out of the gravity well is this just me or is everyone having this problem.

There are no extra balls balls on BH on both android and iOS, wish they would do the same with all the other tables ( for the tournament of course ).

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
meh.......... white water, one of those that I just don't get. And TZ, widebody just doesn't look good on my tab in portrait, I can't see anything. But I'll try to stay in silver at least.

Don't give up yet! I'm rooting for ya. As far as white water, I'm in the same boat (lol) as you. I give kudos to anyone that completely understands the rules. Ya, you could just read the instructions, but who has the patience for that? My strategy is to just shoot any flashing ramp to advance the raft. Must not be the right strategy though. Don't get me wrong though. This table usually ends up being fun to me.

But hang in there kingo, we've been in the same tiers this whole time. This has been a tough one so far, so I'm not saying I'll stay in gold either. MM is great n all, but it takes sooo much time, but can you imagine if it wasn't timed? I would just flat out give the white flag on that one.

So far, not many glitches. TZ hasn't messed my multiball yet. Only thing I've had was a stuck ball on BH. And that doesn't even really count as a glitch

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
meh.......... white water, one of those that I just don't get. And TZ, widebody just doesn't look good on my tab in portrait, I can't see anything. But I'll try to stay in silver at least.

Check out the plunger on my TZ looks like someone was pissy and took a screwdriver to it.
tmp_16204_20140819_00454837692331.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
There are no extra balls balls on BH on both android and iOS, wish they would do the same with all the other tables ( for the tournament of course ).
I don't get that EB dislike. Sure, if they are some random reward from XY hole, than yes, switch them off. But if one has to work for it than no, they are there for everybody.

@Extorkwell, I've red the rules more than once but I just don't get it. And how about the rules for TZ? 700+ cards to read........ It's worst than Anna Karenina and War And Peace combined :D Each time I get to "next 14 chapters will explain panels........" I lose interest. I can't remember all that.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
In tournaments in real life they are not counted and usually just reward points instead. I would like to see Pinball Arcade's tournaments with that feature and adjustments such as removing the outland posts or setting them to hard. Had fun watching PAPAtv on Twitch most of the day Sunday and that is how they play their tables, I understand the reason why Farsight has them this way it is fair to beginner's and I do like the time limit format.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts