New Pinball Arcade in Chicago

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Looks like I need to take a road trip and check this place out:

http://www.pinballnews.com/sites/headquarters/index.html

No cover charge and all the machines are set on free play. :)

Current lineup, with "many more coming soon":

Metallica, Stern
Corvette, Bally
Guns 'N Roses, Data East
Star Wars Episode 1, Williams
Popeye Saves the Earth, Bally
Avengers, Stern
Tales of the Arabian Nights, Williams
The Addams Family, Bally
Attack from Mars, Bally
Twilight Zone, Bally
Playboy, Stern
Indiana Jones - The Pinball Adventure, Williams
X-Men, Stern
Tales from the Crypt, Data East
Rollergames, Williams

Plus they have a bunch of classic arcade games as well:

http://hqbeercade.com/arcades/

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I've been so spoiled by having 30 machines in TPA, I thought for a split second that 17 machines was weak. I've come to my senses now. Nevermind. Carry on.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hey Jeff. Have you ever tried a place in Grand Rapids called Pyramid Scheme? Not sure how close you are but it sounds like a unreal awesome list of tables at 50 a play.
http://pinside.com/pinball/map/wher...r-967-grand-rapids-mi-united-states#gameslist

I'm in the Upper Pininsula of Michigan, which wraps around the northern part of Wisconsin, so I'm actually closer to Chicago than I am to the big cities in lower Michigan. I'm about 7.5 hours from Grand Rapids (Michigan is a huge state :)). Looks great though. I'll definitely have to plan a road trip that way as well. Thanks for the link, man.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Oh ouch... I was thinking you were a bit more central MI based off some old post.
Guess I'm going to have to take the plunge on it :) it's like 40 min from me but haven't had the chance to check it out yet.
I think at some point they did a all you could play for like 10 bucks. Seems like a awesome pin selection too.

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
Wow, unbelievable what can show up in your own backyard and ya dont even know about it! Thanks for the heads up Mr. Strong...i will definetely go and visit this establishment. It's not close enough to me to just casually mosey on over and check out, but i will make a date to go an have a pin night. Beer served as well? Now your talking my language..lol.. soon as i can get an open night (Im a little busy watchin hockey at the moment ;) ) but gimmie a couple weekends and ill post some pics and give a little review!

mudtoe

Sep 21, 2012
I visited this spot last Sunday and spent some time with the Attack from Mars and Metallica pro machines. Unfortunately, I've read elsewhere that the tables are already taking a fair bit of abuse:

They just got that much use. I don't know if these things will hold up honestly. The tz had brand new reinforced slot and clock switches put it before delivery, bent back already. Kinda crazy.

All of the machines are set to free play because of the city of Chicago. Its the way the liqueur licensing for the bar worked out.

Damage just consisted of plastics breaking, switches getting beat and games getting beat up on cab wise. I sold the machines to the establishment, I am working on a partnership for multiple locations now so that way I have ownership in the company and we can start running things with both pins and videos a bit more controlled.

Hopefully the owners can keep on top of this issue...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, I get putting the games on free play because they know the longer you are in the bar, the more drinks you'll buy. The flip side of that though is I can't believe the amount of abuse these machines are gonna take. I'm not talking about spilling beer, scratching glass, nicking cabinet abuse. I'm talking non stop play abuse! Hope they got a good maintenance crew.

mudtoe

Sep 21, 2012
Emporium bar in Chicago recently posted on their Facebook page this photo of what appears to be their new pinball space. Note the three Metallica pros lined up; there was an official Stern release party here last night (06/07/13).

971769_484241281651732_2144169859_n.jpg

karl

May 10, 2012
Looks like you have a very good reason for a road trip, Jeff. Be sure to spill the beans if you get your motor running and head out on the highway ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.