New Releases Coming???

NateisGreat88

May 30, 2015
Ps4 hasn't done their update yet so I'm hoping to see them in the psn store today. If not I wont be purchasing any more season passes until all tables are released.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
It's currently in Sony's hands. We requested a slot to release on the 22nd, but it has to be approved by Sony first. If it is delayed, then there won't be a release this month. The major issue we encountered was a purchasing problem with Season 7, which we worked with Sony to resolve.

cga220501

Nov 10, 2017
It's currently in Sony's hands. We requested a slot to release on the 22nd, but it has to be approved by Sony first. If it is delayed, then there won't be a release this month. The major issue we encountered was a purchasing problem with Season 7, which we worked with Sony to resolve.

Thanks for the update, FlippyFloppy. Appreciate the specificity.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
So basically what held this release up was one of the biggest complaints. Season passes and no full season for a LONG time. Should have just dumped the season pass idea and released it months ago. Why anyone would buy a season pass anymore is beyond me.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
So basically what held this release up was one of the biggest complaints. Season passes and no full season for a LONG time. Should have just dumped the season pass idea and released it months ago. Why anyone would buy a season pass anymore is beyond me.

Because it's significantly cheaper than buying each table outright. The amount saved more than makes up for the inconvenience factor. For me at least.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I always buy the season pass.......I want any and all tables I can get. Doesn't even matter if I don't particularly like a table here and there, gotta have them all.

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
I always buy the season pass.......I want any and all tables I can get. Doesn't even matter if I don't particularly like a table here and there, gotta have them all.

Sounds familiar. I have Seasons 1 / 6, but... I think I'm gonna wait on buying season 7 untill they have released it completely. I've paid season 6 ages ago and still don't have it complete. That's not gonna happen anymore. At least not untill Farsight has proven to be able to keep up with the PS4 releases. So probably never.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Because it's significantly cheaper than buying each table outright. The amount saved more than makes up for the inconvenience factor. For me at least.

Given the length of time it takes for all the tables to be released, you could probably keep your money in the bank and buy the individual table as they are released...and make money on the interest accrued! Lol...

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017

Agreed. It also beats rewarding Farsight for their slow releases by giving them more money per table.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Sounds familiar. I have Seasons 1 / 6, but... I think I'm gonna wait on buying season 7 untill they have released it completely. I've paid season 6 ages ago and still don't have it complete. That's not gonna happen anymore. At least not untill Farsight has proven to be able to keep up with the PS4 releases. So probably never.
A
I stopped with Season 5. I’ll pick up Season 6 or 7 if they ever have a sale. TPA is what it is on PS4. I accept that. For me, the most disappointing aspect of the PS4 version is the lack of friends leaderboards. I’m not that great at Pinball, so I’m never going to register that high on the normal leaderboards. I’m not even asking for the carrot on the stick live friends score updates like Zen. Just let me compare my scores against my friends with a touch of the button post match without having to look for needles in a haystack. We’ve been hearing for years now from Farsight that it’s coming in a future update.

But hey, I suppose we’re all supposed to be grateful right that we didn’t end with local leaderboards only like the SPA version on the Switch. (Which blows my mind that in 2017 that a game like that would launch without any form of online leaderboards)

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
The Leaderboards have been a mess for a long time now. Maybe there is an issue with people trying to post fake scores or some other kind of hacking. It worked more or less fine in the beginning, with little issues like posting in the wrong leaderboard, but that was it. Unless they're running a Microsoft Access database (or even SQL Express), I don't know what the issue can be provided they scaled up their infrastructure to account for increases in number of players and number of tables.

Edit: this includes the downloadable version which is extremely useful to find the tables you have a rank 2000 or higher, and your personal scores to see how much you need to improve to get a rank 2000 or higher on those you're under and thus unranked on the downloadable list.

Last edited:

Mike Lindsey

FarSight Employee
Jul 23, 2013
Sorry to be bringing you the bad news guys, but it looks like PS4 won't be getting an update until after the holidays. We apologize for the delay.

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
Thanks for being honest and the heads up. While I have the PC version to tide me over with newer tables, but having bad lighting for 9 months for PS4 users is totally unf#$##* acceptable. March 10th was the last update we got.

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
Sorry to be bringing you the bad news guys, but it looks like PS4 won't be getting an update until after the holidays. We apologize for the delay.

I know you're only the messenger, but it's getting very frustrating for us PS4 users out here.

* We are way behind in releases
* Lot's of unsolved bugs, for a very very long time (lighting!!!!)
* Cross buy between TPA & SPA is completely borked

I think you guys not only have some problem solving to do, but also have to think about something to compensate towards the PS4 comunity.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.