New Season 4 Tables

HiHat

Sep 12, 2012
I must say I'm enjoying the tables that came out last Friday the 15th -- they all seem to have much more depth than the Phantom table IMO. And not a Gottlieb table in sight!

A few thoughts occurred to me as I was playing the new ones:

• Addams Family lives up to its reputation, but the table has one drawback that keeps it from perfection: there's no ball auto-save. Or if there is, I haven't seen it. Sorry, but tables really need an auto-save to rescue you when some fluke rebound sends your ball down the drain in the first ten seconds or so after ball launch.
  • I think FS missed a trick in the Earthshaker table by not having the controller rumble when the table shakes. I hope they fix this omission in future patches.
  • My favorite of the new tables after AF has to be Starship Troopers, which is also one of my favorite SF movies. I love the animation of the brain bug's thoughts in the final free-game-match screen.
  • To my amazement, I haven't encountered any bugs in these new tables (except the ones in ST, ha ha). Has anyone else?

Do these releases mark the end of season 4? Is it true that season 5 will NOT be coming to PS3? Anyone? :confused:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
That's so funny, I love that TAF doesn't have a ball save.

I really like season 4 as well. POTO and Cyclone are 2 of my most wanted tables. JB is better than I thought it would be. ES is good and PZ is fun too. I haven't played SST much.

I'm starting to like season 4 better than season 3.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
POTO is old-fashioned but has a great theme IMHO. It's a nice addition to the mix. Starship Troopers is another table with a hillarious theme and good for some hours of fun. Without the call-outs and effects it would be just meh.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I think FS missed a trick in the Earthshaker table by not having the controller rumble when the table shakes. I hope they fix this omission in future patches.

Exactly what I was thinking, first time I checked my controller to see if my battery was near empty.

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
I also immediately noticed the missing vibration on Earthshaker, as it seemed a no-brainer to add vibration. Then I quickly realized how terribly annoying and uncomfortable it would be to have the controller vibrating all of the time that the table is shaking. Would be amusing for the first few minutes and then it would make me not want to play, although I suppose they could have added an option for it.

My hands/wrists and battery life thank you for leaving this one out, Farsight.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
im really enjoying starship troopers. I like the mini flipper, its very odd and makes the ball act funny when I dead bounce off it.

I havent played adams family that much. but it seems ok.

ive only played earthshaker a couple of times so I cant form a good opinion of it.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
im really enjoying starship troopers. I like the mini flipper, its very odd and makes the ball act funny when I dead bounce off it.
If you haven't found out yet, if you cradle the ball with the right flipper, then while cradling, shoot the ball with the mini flipper and it'll go straight into the left "Arm Nukes" hole.

That hopper screech sounds like a female scream...pretty startling, even when you're used to it.

Last edited:

HiHat

Sep 12, 2012
Thanks!

If you haven't found out yet, if you cradle the ball with the right flipper, then while cradling, shoot the ball with the mini flipper and it'll go straight into the left "Arm Nukes" hole.

That hopper screech sounds like a female scream...pretty startling, even when you're used to it.

Thanks for the tip -- I'll have to try that dual-right-flipper trick, if my carpal tunnel doesn't give me hell...

Industrial_Foods

Nov 7, 2014

I must say I read the book Starship Troopers and loved it, and hated the movie. The pinball table on the other hand (although it has a more comical delivery about it) is phenomenal, and makes me feel better about the movie which I call Space 90210.

It is difficult and has violent elements, many of which are hilarious and grotesque (just like I like it) and it has me playing it much more than some of the other tables. The military fervor, the bugs getting squished and the commanders barking orders up the stress and excitement of playing as well. I must say this season has been very good.

P.S. Are there any other space alien themed tables (besides Attack from Mars?) I find fighting goony aliens very exhilarating.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I must say I read the book Starship Troopers and loved it, and hated the movie. The pinball table on the other hand (although it has a more comical delivery about it) is phenomenal, and makes me feel better about the movie which I call Space 90210.

It is difficult and has violent elements, many of which are hilarious and grotesque (just like I like it) and it has me playing it much more than some of the other tables. The military fervor, the bugs getting squished and the commanders barking orders up the stress and excitement of playing as well. I must say this season has been very good.

P.S. Are there any other space alien themed tables (besides Attack from Mars?) I find fighting goony aliens very exhilarating.

Heinlein has some good stuff, I reread stranger in a strange land once a year. I admit tho I haven't read starship troopers yet.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012

yeah I did discover that. thanks. this table is still kicking my butt. I'm only playing an average of 8-9 games a week on it tho. I haven't tried to sit down and beat it into submission. I may do that tonight tho.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts