New season 5 tables are out on the PS3

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
It seems that the new GUI implementation requires to update all the tables in the same process. So, FlippyFloppy stated that they will took the opportunity to implement physics 3.0 on the older tables.

Over in the X1 thread FlippyFloppy just stated that the new UI won't be part of the update.Dunno if that applies only to X1 and not to PS3?

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
It's in QA now but from what i've seen, it's not ready for a submission. I'll update when QA finishes and when we submit.

Thanks for shedding some light on this issue Flippy.
How long does TPA plan on supporting the PS3, seeing that it's cycle is just about up.

I have TPA on Android and the PC, though not all the seasons yet.
Mainly play on console because of convenience and my android tablet comes second with the PC rounding up third. (wish it performed in DX11)

I also plan on purchasing a PS4 in the near future and see myself getting TPA for that system when most of the bugs are taken care of.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Hate to be negative, but is Season 5 worth buying? I've been looking at the tables I usually play and was surprised it is almost exclusively Season 1 and 2. High Speed and Xenon have been the only two outside of the first two seasons I play. And to be honest, it is mostly Season 1 tables I like the most. Obviously they put out the best first.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
Hate to be negative, but is Season 5 worth buying? I've been looking at the tables I usually play and was surprised it is almost exclusively Season 1 and 2. High Speed and Xenon have been the only two outside of the first two seasons I play. And to be honest, it is mostly Season 1 tables I like the most. Obviously they put out the best first.

this is pure opinion, but the answer is NO, NOT WORTH IT. I use to buy every table on the day of release. but now with these extremely long delays ive decided to just buy a few tables from each season. these delays have allowed me to watch streams and videos of unreleased ps3 tables and decide if I would enjoy them.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
this is pure opinion, but the answer is NO, NOT WORTH IT. I use to buy every table on the day of release. but now with these extremely long delays ive decided to just buy a few tables from each season. these delays have allowed me to watch streams and videos of unreleased ps3 tables and decide if I would enjoy them.

dood, i was about to "totally" rebutt you for that... but, then remembered, how many tables it's been between releases... and not all of 'em, i'd want to buy right off the bat. there's gonna be priorities, y'know? ;0

so i'll just say i'll be buyin'... but the ones i only got to trial off of iOS up till now... and now my old iPod iOS 6-max is cut off, just shy of "indy 500"... darn! i hope the ps3 cycle goes longer than that. (my first console vg system since the old atari two-six way back when, i'm not kidding! i played friend's stuff over the years of course, but i just never had one again until the "gta5-release" package a few years ago, just to try to catch up.)

too many plates spinning right now, but i'd love to get a refurb pad-mini to experiment with; i've been doing some xcoding and trying to get my chops up to speed for doing "serious" apps. (i sure would love to fix up/reorganize some of the gui buggies on the ios at least, if not other plats!) but, looks like that's "goodbye, iOS6"... what's the next best currently supported, iOS8?

i prefer serious table-play on the ps3 at least, just for nudge-control... too difficult to do realistically (or currently) on mobile-gyroscopic control. (outside of perhaps-too-basic-button controls, it's much too fixated on one orientation.) so, for now, i'll miss demo-ing tables via iOS (can't on PS3).

here's a treat though to go with it: white stripes "ball & biscuit":
boay sohld 'is souhl to da devil!

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
if i was runnin' for politics (and i ain't saying i am!), i'd wish to try to get our industries, all of them hardware/software related, to achieve at least ten years' worth of support out of 'em. i know that's a seemingly far-cry from the past two decades of progress and iteration, but dammit! ;) we can't be changing our techs, cars, appliances, every few years... just, kinda sayin.

p.s. but regardless, thanks flippy and fs, for the update!! :)

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Well, FS will get a little money from peeps buying the tables. Kind of a burn for people who bought them though......until the update, of course.

All I really know is that PS3/Vita/PS4 is the only place I have full versions of TPA. My PC is used for just preview versions. I plan to buy any and all tables they ever produce for my consoles. Just wish they got released more inline with other systems.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Hear, hear. I'm in the process of completing my collection on PS4, and have a couple of seasons on Steam as well but my full collection (and Tournament machine) is the PS3 (added bonus: Vita crossbuy). I started playing PHoF on the PS2 so it's just a natural progression for me on the Playstation line-up, unfortunately it isn't a high priority platform.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
The kick in the nuts is that the update will only include up to TX Sector. With the amount of time that has passed by, it should include Indy 500 and if we have to wait another 3 weeks or more, Big Hurt.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts