New T2 Table for VP 9.13 - BEST IVE EVER SEEN

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
ok, i tried it out and it works, yes!!! thnx for the info :)

what threw me off the idea of even trying is that the slider was full, but in the editor itself there was nothing... who would have thought to press on the arrows in an empty editor to reveal teh table :(

well as long as it works :)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
This table has been updated since this post. Anyone who downloaded this more than two days ago (Nov. 13th) should get the latest one. Not sure what's changed, but since he bothered to update it, it must be something worthwhile.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Totally off topic here for a sec, but does anyone know where I can find the 2.4 physics .exe for FP?? I've looked everywhere

As pretty as it is it's basically unplayable due to the fact that the ball never goes where you tell it to no matter how much tweaking I do

EDIT: Found it. Geez that wasn't easy...

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Totally off topic here for a sec, but does anyone know where I can find the 2.4 physics .exe for FP?? I've looked everywhere

As pretty as it is it's basically unplayable due to the fact that the ball never goes where you tell it to no matter how much tweaking I do

EDIT: Found it. Geez that wasn't easy...

I tried 2.4, but it didn't seem that much better to me, so I just stick with VP.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
I tried 2.4, but it didn't seem that much better to me, so I just stick with VP.

100% whole heartedly agree. Was just a last ditch shot at being able to play those stern tables. Bah. The physics are much improved but the flippers are still garbage. VP FTW!

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Hows it compare to TPA?

As much as I hate to say it, other than the fact that TPA has 3D, VP (ESPECIALLY with the new T2 table) blows TPA out of the water in physics, lighting, REAL pinball sounds, and just all around. You can perform drop catches, live catches, cradle separations. This is based on FS tables as I can't stand the 4:3 versions, they feel too compressed to me.

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
I've been playing some FS tables recently, and while I think some of them are just amazing, I wouldn't say that the physics are that much better. I think once TPA gets it's well overdue flipper physics tweaking, it will be up to par, if not superior. Additionally, I'm not too keen on the sound in VP. Maybe it's better playing through a cabinet, but on my setup through a surround sound setup, it sounds pretty bad. With that said, I still love the fact that I can travel with TPA on my iPad or phone. Nothing beats that...

karl

May 10, 2012
I love VP but I still think the physics are better in TPA. For one, it is much easier to aim at targets and hitting them and that is the most important thing to me. Ball behavior is also much better in TPA. About the graphics, we do not know how TPA will look on a PC with good specs yet put I am pretty sure it will be 10 times better than 99% of all VP tables. And remember that T2 Chrome is a mod table, made to enhance the original look, something that Farsight does not do so it is more realistic to compare with UR and Noah version of the table, a beautiful VP table but the Farsight version wil destroy it. (if it gets enough backers on Kickstarter) I am still very Impressed by the best VP tables and I will continue to play them and love them I just do not think it is better than TPA overall.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Bottom line, I disagree with smooverr ;)

Lol fair enough, but I must counter!

Sticking with T2. It isn't just that it is enhanced to look pretty. It actually looks "real" to my eyes. As in, not a cartoon video game version of a table ie: TPA. Don't get me wrong, for the most part TPA does have MOST VP tables beat hands down graphically, and true we don't know what it will look like on a PC, so I can only compare to what I have currently (360, PS3 and iPad versions). The AA helps a lot, the texture work is bang on, and the most important difference is the lighting.

Even the older VP tables have lights that actually LOOK like lights. T2 just ridiculously upped the ante. Not to mention the lighting on FP completely decimates TPA. I find that the lights on TPA for one thing dont really look like "lights", just brighter coloured versions of said light. For the most part there is zero GI or reflections (although they proved they can do it with CV, so why not for all of them?). Again, I'm only comparing the fullscreen versions here, not the 4:3's which aren't even worth mentioning graphically. Look at TOTAN's lighting on VP and compare it to TPA, hands down it trumps it. The flashers are pretty weak on TPA, barely give off any light, and usually it isn't even the right colour. Plus the fact that the transitions on the TPA tables (ie. when the lights are sweeping across the table or going nuts before a multiball) seem like they are missing a frame or two. It just isnt as smooth as a real pin or VP.

Moving on to the physics. The fact that you can perform real life tricks (Drop catch, live catch etc) on command is a huge bonus for me. It's much more difficult to get the ball under control in TPA due to that fact. I agree that Farsight has the aiming on their flippers down to an exact science. It's perfect. And that was my biggest drawback about VP at first. But after doing some research and tinkering with the settings I was able to get it to the exact same level of precision on all tables. So for me thats a non factor. Not to mention the bounciness of TPA's flippers, on some of the older tables its atrocious. VP has this nailed if you have the right settings. It feels exactly like the real thing, BBB is a great example of this. TPA's newer tables have been getting much better, and after 2.05 I find the physics improved overall, but still not quite there. If I'm giving VP a 90% for physics, I'd give TPA a 75.

Sound. What is with the flipper sounds in TPA? That isn't anything like what a real pin sounds like? Plus the ball always smoothly runs around orbits and up ramps without a whisper. Listen to the ball on the T2 table, it has that clickity clack sound on the ramps and orbits. Plus when the ball hits a saucer or an upkicker on most tables, it sounds just like real life. This is something that FS can easily fix by changing the samples. Also, that click that the ball makes when it hits the flippers in TPA?? It sounds like it's hitting metal and not rubber.

I know this is all very nitpicky, and dont get me wrong I LOVE TPA. So much that I don't play any of the tables I have on it in VP. But I think farsight can make some small steps to make this great game even better than it already is. I wouldn't mind if they skipped a month or two in DLC and focused on updating their existing roster.

Just my two cents :)

karl

May 10, 2012
I guess I was asking for it smooverr :D

The strange thing is that I agree with you on almost every point. Very well put smooverr! There is room for big improvements on TPA and they've got a whole lot to learn still and VP has a whole lot to admire about it, but TPA will get better over time. I want another(another??) pinball hippie age. Farsight: Hey cool dudes making pinball tables for free, Would you like to work at our place? It's really groovy here right next to big bear lake and we could just rule this pinball awesomeness together and peace on earth to all critics and friends alike. Far out, man :cool:

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
well the one thing i don't like in vp, is how depending on the table and its settings the live catch is not just doable (which is a good thing), but right out ridiculous as it happens all the time even when you don't want to and with flipper timing thats is completely off - the worst culprit so far is exactly this new t2 table...

and rom emulated sound in vp is completely scratchy, hissy, poppy, annoying

karl

May 10, 2012
To be diplomatic,
there is a whole lot of room for improvement in the sound dep on VP. It is a bit strange because they use the same roms as the real machines?
Will be fun to hear the Virtuapin with a subwoofer and speakers on a cabinet when I get it but I guess there is no reason
it should sound any better than a regular pc with good speakers? I have Bowers and Wilkins MM-1 now and there is a lot of hizz and what sounds like a very low compression

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
I guess I was asking for it smooverr :D

The strange thing is that I agree with you on almost every point. Very well put smooverr! There is room for big improvements on TPA and they've got a whole lot to learn still and VP has a whole lot to admire about it, but TPA will get better over time. I want another(another??) pinball hippie age. Farsight: Hey cool dudes making pinball tables for free, Would you like to work at our place? It's really groovy here right next to big bear lake and we could just rule this pinball awesomeness together and peace on earth to all critics and friends alike. Far out, man :cool:

Lol yes you were ;)

And LOL at the rest!!! I'm like, totally, with you on that. Get JP, Slam,Rom, Francisco, Tipoto, and the gang jobs at FS!

And yes. The sound on VP is awful. TPA kills in that department. They just need the correct sound FX. But when u do ever recall hearing proper sound out of a pin that wasn't at home? :p

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Lol fair enough, but I must counter!

Sticking with T2. It isn't just that it is enhanced to look pretty. It actually looks "real" to my eyes. As in, not a cartoon video game version of a table ie: TPA. Don't get me wrong, for the most part TPA does have MOST VP tables beat hands down graphically, and true we don't know what it will look like on a PC, so I can only compare to what I have currently (360, PS3 and iPad versions). The AA helps a lot, the texture work is bang on, and the most important difference is the lighting.

Thats why i feel FS should of done pre-rendered tables, then every table would of looked as good as T2, but this involves like 10 times the amount of work :(

That said Pro Pinball: Revived & Remastered are going down this route,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdun_RdmuZQ&feature=g-all-c

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.