New table price season 3

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
most people complaing would trar through five dollars on a real machine in less than 3 minutes i suspect, for quite some time paying the lrice of a black coffee for a freeplay table is a gift, two or one i dont really care, imo anyone complaing is being very foolish, while i love my ipad the fact most people expect good software for free or a dollar is laughable.

i may be foolish but imma pay for my coffee drink it then get my free! refill

happytm03

Nov 12, 2013
I personally forked out about $few hundreds and have the complete season 1, season 2 and season 3 on multiple
devices.

I am still saving over thousands and thousands of dollars from having to procure
the actual tables and have the opportunity to play TPA wherever I am...

Thanks FarSight for introducing us to all of the tables and for remembering how much
fun Pinball is!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I personally forked out about $few hundreds and have the complete season 1, season 2 and season 3 on multiple
devices.

I am still saving over thousands and thousands of dollars from having to procure
the actual tables and have the opportunity to play TPA wherever I am...

Thanks FarSight for introducing us to all of the tables and for remembering how much
fun Pinball is!

Does that mean that I'm saving hundreds of thousands of dollars by playing Grid 2 instead of buying all those cars?

I love TPA also but I try to play real tables as often as I can. TPA just isn't a substitute for the real thing...it's what I do in between playing the real thing! :D

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The way I see it is that I can beat a table's modes on a virtual table just the same as I can on a real machine with the satisfaction of beating said modes. When I drive a virtual car, it never takes me anywhere a real car does, so I get zero satisfaction in that sense. Therefore, the value of virtual pinball vs real pinball far exceeds the value of a virtual car vs a real car....apples and oranges.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
The way I see it is that I can beat a table's modes on a virtual table just the same as I can on a real machine with the satisfaction of beating said modes. When I drive a virtual car, it never takes me anywhere a real car does, so I get zero satisfaction in that sense. Therefore, the value of virtual pinball vs real pinball far exceeds the value of a virtual car vs a real car....apples and oranges.
Perhaps a poor analogy to choose. If you're driving to go somewhere or see something that's external to the car, then you're exactly right. But if you compare driving a simulated car vs. a real car for the experience of driving, they're more similar than you might think... and thousands upon thousands of people gain a heck of a lot of satisfaction from it. I love my sim racing games on PC :)

Just sayin'!

FWIW I get nowhere near the satisfaction of beating modes on tables on TPA than I do IRL. The cost vs. the satisfaction ratio is still heavily weighted towards virtual pinball (obviously) but some things are just worth the price of admission. That's why I still pay ~$1.50 (that's what an average game's worth per play here in AU) each time I play a game IRL despite owning most of the same tables virtually.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
oh TPAladin who can not get satisfaction from driving virtual models of Forza and Grand Turismo cars (most of which he did not and will not drive in real life), but who still can take satisfaction from messed TPA tables like MB and Genie. it's really mark of true belief..

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
So now it's $4.99 for a single table. This will cause a lot of people to become rather picky, but seeing the first two tables are Fishtales and Blackrose I don't have a problem with that or any of the announced tables. Now if they try to sell 1 EM for the same price I will certainly pass unless it's one I am familiar with . Also would a KS table be $9.99 now? Will tables requiring a KS even be pursued anymore?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
So now it's $4.99 for a single table. This will cause a lot of people to become rather picky, but seeing the first two tables are Fishtales and Blackrose I don't have a problem with that or any of the announced tables. Now if they try to sell 1 EM for the same price I will certainly pass unless it's one I am familiar with . Also would a KS table be $9.99 now? Will tables requiring a KS even be pursued anymore?

Don't think they'll change the price of kickstarter tables. The costs associated with them haven't changed (being the only tables released by themselves in the first place).

Anyway... the point of the Kickstarter is so that the fans pay for the license so FS can produce the table for the same (or thereabouts) cost to themselves as a regular one.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

I think it's a valid comparison to point out that the value in a video game is not derived by figuring the cost replacement of the real thing. Does it make a shooter game more valuable when you figure out how much you'd spend on ammunition during an afternoon of shooting automatic weapons at the range?

The reason that I will drop $20 in quarters into real pinball tables during an afternoon at the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas is because that real experience is more valuable than TPA. I don't play real pinball any less because I have TPA. Savings over real pinball is zero because it's not a replacement. I did not think that my comparison was necessarily an apples to apples comparison but I wanted to illustrate how silly it is to say that a video game is such a great savings over the real thing.

This doesn't mean that I think TPA isn't a good value. It is. I don't have any problem with the new pricing. As SYT has said, we all want to pay less for stuff. That's normal. I would probably pay $10 per table before I would start to pick and choose what tables I buy. But if the price to play a real table suddenly shot up to $5 per game it wouldn't change my perceived value of TPA.

That was really wordy but if anyone read all of that hopefully it made sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts