Next Stern Game is Ford Mustang

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I get the feeling this is targeted towards the man cave of the rich, casual pinball fan.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I do wish Stern would stop the transparent ramps. Something about it just looks cheap. Having them a solid colour for some reason makes all the difference.

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
Could it be targeted to Ford dealers? You could bring your car in for its routine maintenance and they can have this in waiting room for the customers to play while your car is being worked on.

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I actually like the cabinet art. Although I'd rather it be blue based rather than red.
That's what I'm thinking... why red when the Ford logo is blue and the colour I think of when I think "Mustang", is blue?

Could it be targeted to Ford dealers? You could bring your car in for its routine maintenance and they can have this in waiting room for the customers to play while your car is being worked on.
Listen to the most recent Coast 2 Coast Pinball podcast. Nate says that they'll be selling it in dealerships exclusively for the first few months or so.

karl

May 10, 2012
I disagree that this will be a game only for home buyers. To me it looks like a game that could only work in a bar for the casual player (or at a Ford Dealer shop) because you do not look at the art to closely in a bar.(more like: racing pin...looks kinda fun) I can not for the life of me understand who would want this pin in their living room, based on the art alone of course. If the rules and flow are excellent it will probably sell no matter what.

I agree that it is way to early to pass any final judgment on this but I am far from blown away by it yet. Starting to wonder if this is a game they did on a commission from Ford and not a license they went after themselves? This game makes more sense if that is the case.

Edit: The post before mine makes me even more convinced that this is a commission game done in a hurry since it has so much less bling (is that the right word?) than the last games they have done. But will it have a lower outgoing price than Star Trek even so? Will be interesting to find out. This game must have cost them far less to produce

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Cars/racing is such a great pin theme. I'm keeping fingers crossed that it will be more fun to play than it looks at first glance.

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
I´m from Germany. And I tell you, that in the 70s you were king, owning a Mustang. Every friend of mine dreamed of such cars. Mustang was more than just a car, it was the manifested american dream for us. This was the great period of american muscle cars. Sadly, today nobody is fascinated by actual american cars. It´s a shame, how uninspired, boring and charmless they look. This fills my heart with melanchoy, remembering the good old times. Sadly, the relationsship between the USA and Germany changed too. But that´s another Story.
By the way: Greetings to all Americans in this Forum. Don´t let the american ideals pass away, remember Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Kennedy, Dr. King...

But, back to the table: Very interesting (great artwork, sounds and gameplay), much better than Harley.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
What was that, a 6 ball multiball? It looks pretty flail-ey, no

Had a couple of guys from my league drive down to Sydney for the Australian Mustang pinball launch.

They lost interest half way through their first ball...

Perhaps it is the fact the code is unfinished as per usual with modern STERN tables that is nagging them. I'd still like to try one and form my own opinion.

They also commented that the distributor suggested he would be lucky to sell 100 units based on the feedback he got.

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Love some of the background music, I could hear Ace of Spades, Rocky theme music. Game itself looked like a lot of fun. I suppose I like car themed pinballs.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I'll reserve judgement until I play it for myself. I actually work for Ford, so I may play one eventually.

That said, I'm glad Stern is at least doing something besides another Marvel, music, or movie tie-in theme.

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
I played a Mustang game a few times at Pinburgh, and my initial impression was very positive. The shots are satisfying and there are some interesting rules in the game that I would like to become more familiar with. Such as the ability to "abort" a multiball mode so you could build it up to a more valuable multiball mode with more balls in it.

It's also worth mentioning that this game looks and sounds better in person than in videos and pictures. I'd like to spend more time with it, but overall I liked what I saw.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts