Request Next Tournament. Which tables.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Assuming the next tournament won't be free-to-play like last December's, I'd like you to pick five tables for the coming tournament.
I gave this one the request-prefix, because popular demand might be usefull for the game-devolpers to base their next sellection on.

Okay, so I may as well kick things of with my pick.

1. Monster Bash (for fun)
2. Bride of Pinbot (some call the billionair's club "unballanced"; I call it seperating the cream from the crop)
3. Gorgar (to include one oldie, and I favor this one)
4. No Good Gofers (because it's been free-to-play for a while now, so it gives newcomers a tournament table they had ample opportunity to practice on.)
5. Elvira and the Party Monsters (rooting for what is perhaps the underdog of the two Elvira tables.)

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Is Gorgar a good tournament table? If shooting the charged-up lower left hole over and over is really the way to rack up a huge score, it might be kind of dull.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
The billionaire club IS unbalanced. It's a random award that offers too many points. If someone makes 1,050,000,000 points, did they REALLY do better than someone who got 950,000,000? No, they just got lucky with the billion shot.

I'm fairly sure there's a setting to disable it, though.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Elvira isn't a good one either, because you can rack up tons of extra balls and play indefinitely... UNTIL you get the game ending glitch. No fun. I spent three hours scoring over 400 Million, still on ball 1 with 4 extra balls in reserve. I could have gone on virtually forever, until the lock ball glitch of death hit me.

And yes, Gorgar is all about getting the left outhole to 15K and hitting it over and over.

N

netizen

Elvira isn't a good one either, because you can rack up tons of extra balls and play indefinitely

Elvira and the Party Monsters you can only stack a single extra ball per ball in play, are you not thinking of Scared Stiff?

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
Lets avoid tables like Big Shot, I lost three balls before ball met flipper. That stings :/

Nudging is your friend on that table. And even if your first three balls are bad, you can rack up some points on your fourth and fifth ball because of the multipliers.

My picks for tournament mode would be:

TZ
MM
BS
TOTAN
STTNG

No extra balls of course.

Kmitchell

Jul 27, 2012
Quick question. Where do we find out when new tournaments are announced? I'd love to give one a go.

Cheers

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
As soon as FarSight can decide on a set of tournament tables I'd hope. No need to make all those free-to-play this time around; leave that for December.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Elvira and the Party Monsters you can only stack a single extra ball per ball in play, are you not thinking of Scared Stiff?

True on IOS and Android, NOT true on PS3. You can stack up to 4 extra balls at a time.

(which is yet another reason not to have this game be a tournament game)

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
It's a configurable option for the table on how many extra balls you can stack up. Perhaps Farsight misconfigured it on PS3?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.