Nintendo Switch version

jached

Feb 21, 2015
No instant info available on ac/dc with the US digital download. I have the PS4 version and I agree that this looks exactly like that, and it plays really well.

I just found another way to give Farsight yet another $40.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Decided to download it and have also tried Frankenstein so far. I really enjoyed the Switch SPA version of it. It plays well and looks good.

As for issues, I only noticed a few. For some reason the DMD didn't show up the very first time I played, but after that initial hiccup, it displayed properly. That was the biggest problem I encountered. Had the ball get stuck once after 6 ball multiball, and entering initials for your high score lags (nothing new for Farsight), and those were the only other minor issues I noticed. Load times are pretty long, as others have mentioned.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Played Frankenstein with the Switch docked. I like the ability to control the ambient lighting, though it doesn't go down too much. I'm not super wow'd by this. It plays well, but I already own several of the games in both packs and don't see a huge difference in play, maybe it is just me. I think only two new tables in both packs.

With the Switch docked, load times aren't bad at all.

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
Both. It’s released digitally today on eshop and has been available on cartridge for over a week.

Really loving this version - just need to add online leaderboards.

Thanks for the info, I downloaded it and am enjoying it !

I wonder if the original "Pinball Arcade" will come out on the Switch too.

The screen on the Switch is the first portable game system I have played with a screen big enough to really enjoy it and be able to see everything good.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I see that certain retailers have started stocking US physical copies, for anyone interested. I'll be picking one up.

Target, GameStop and Toys "R" Us seem to be selling it. But not Amazon.

Zacattack99

Apr 28, 2017
If I told Peter Oscars that PC but NX is the best way to say TPA, then he’d say “Meds seriously won’t help you anymore lol.” (Hey, 2015 was a rocky road on Facebook.) If Mike Smith (If he’s still a nuisance on Facebook today...) says that TPA on Nintendo Switch will be and is ‘hot garbage’ then boy, is he wrong.

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
Just wow, played all tables for a bit. This one looks super similar to ps4 version. Great work from Farsight, only pick would be framerate and leaderboards. As long 99% of the expierience is butter smooth 60fps like, there were occasions where framrate droped drasticly to 5fps slow down. It all looked like a glitch, because there was no reason to justify the drop. Lack of leaderboards is a huge omission. Please Farsight, polish this gem.

Last edited:

Azathoth

Dec 17, 2017
Looks like leaderboards are now a thing for the Switch version. It allows you to put whatever name in you prefer, not just your Switch profile name.

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
I cant see any leaderboards. Got the cartridge version, not digital. Now i remember that when i downloaded the demo, it asked me for name for leaderboards, but not when i started up cartridge version. Now i see that software version is 1.0, and check say that there is no newer version. Lol is it so, that physical copy of the game wasn’t updated? If so, why not? I got UK copy.
1392e0cbbfc84f81d4b18384dfca0de4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
Yeah i double checked everything. Ive deleted all saves and data, and done everything from the beginning. And digital copy got version 1.1, where my cartridge copy is 1.0. When you start the game it says that update is avaible, after which logo of the game changes but game stays 1.0, and yeah, no leaderboards. There must be allways something farsight? I cant just buy a game and enjoy it, right?:)

Last edited:

Zacattack99

Apr 28, 2017
On update version 1.2, only thing interesting is Main Menu > Help & Options > Settings > TATE/Portrait Mode. It only flickers back to Landscape Mode, so it’s reduntantly useless...

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
You are absolutely right, it just flickers and go back to normal mode. Ok, i fought maybe it will be in portrait when you start the table, nope. Furthermore even if you change option for portrait on and leave options, when back it will be set to off lol. It all looks as mode itself fails to initialize and reverts back to default setting. And if you think, from my privious posts, that cardridge version was updated to 1.2, I don’t know. I’ve brought back to shop this version as faulty, and got digital version.

Last edited:

Azathoth

Dec 17, 2017
Am I looking at this right, and in order to purchase the 2 table limited edition packs you've got to own the regular/premium versions of both tables anyway?

If so, I can see that potentially pissing a lot of people off. There's nothing in the eshop description that say's you have to own either a physical cart, table pack, or anything else for them to work.

Kramer

Apr 23, 2012
Am I looking at this right, and in order to purchase the 2 table limited edition packs you've got to own the regular/premium versions of both tables anyway?

If so, I can see that potentially pissing a lot of people off. There's nothing in the eshop description that say's you have to own either a physical cart, table pack, or anything else for them to work.

From other sources (ResetEra) - you don’t need to own the other version of the table. Indeed, you get both if you purchase the Limited Edition.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
You are absolutely right, it just flickers and go back to normal mode. Ok, i fought maybe it will be in portrait when you start the table, nope. Furthermore even if you change option for portrait on and leave options, when back it will be set to off lol. It all looks as mode itself fails to initialize and reverts back to default setting. And if you think, from my privious posts, that cardridge version was updated to 1.2, I don’t know. I’ve brought back to shop this version as faulty, and got digital version.

I can confirm that the cartridge version can be updated successfully now, but only to Version 1.1. And then it says I have the latest version.

And Version 1.1 for the physical copy does not contain leaderboards or the Tate/Portrait mode option.
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION]

Is the physical version going to be caught up to the digital version soon?

daduki

Feb 17, 2013
I can confirm that the cartridge version can be updated successfully now, but only to Version 1.1. And then it says I have the latest version.

And Version 1.1 for the physical copy does not contain leaderboards or the Tate/Portrait mode option.
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION]

Is the physical version going to be caught up to the digital version soon?

Tate/Portrait mode in ver. 1.2 is broken anyway, the screen simply doesn't rotate when the option is activated. Hope they're working on a ver. 1.3 for both formats.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Tate/Portrait mode in ver. 1.2 is broken anyway, the screen simply doesn't rotate when the option is activated. Hope they're working on a ver. 1.3 for both formats.
That there even is a 1.2 is a good sign of improvements to come.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
That there even is a 1.2 is a good sign of improvements to come.

Yeah, basically, this.

I already knew about digital's portrait mode being broken. I'm just concerned with the physical copy being caught up with the digital version in a general sense.

I don't want the game that I spent good money on always being a patch behind the digital version of the same thing. That's not right, quite frankly.

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
Played version 1.2 a lot recently. Still odd random slowdowns on some tables, mostly AC/DC and Starship Troopers.

Members online

Members online