No Good Gofers

mrgamesmaster

May 29, 2013
When I met with a fellow pinhead at the local Tilt, he told me about the app from Pinball Map. When using it for the first time, I noticed there was a No Good Gofers nearby at a sports bar which I went to shortly after he had to go back to work.

Think I put about $7 into the table--partially because I was playing w/my fiance. Thanks to me, she's caught the pinball bug. Still learning the basics, but she's a quick study. We did get one match.

First thing I noticed was that the playfield lighting was pretty much non-existent. Made me glad the putting green, captive ball and other lights were working just fine. Only other thing really noticeable was that the Jackpot ramp took a lot more force than usual to conquer. Not sure if it was intentional, but it makes the table much harder.

Other than that, it plays very well. Even managed to get a few Hole-In-One shots in off the Slam Ramp over various games which was very fun given how hard of a shot it is. The replay value is only 10.7 mil as opposed to the 15 on TPA. I'll definitely be coming back to play this again. :)

To see more of my escapades looking for real pinball tables, check out my blog on here.

Last edited:

warsaw303

Jun 8, 2012
I love the TPA version and have never had a chance to play this in real life. I was even around arcades in the 90's and never saw this one.

None in the wild near me unfortunately. I went to a pinball show back in March and this was one table I really hoped to play (Whitewater too) but no luck on either. :(

mrgamesmaster

May 29, 2013
TPA version is how the table should play. I enjoy all of Pat Lawlor's tables really and have been fortunate to play most of them in person. The only one I haven't been able to do so with is Ripley's atm. Finally got to Atlantis and got Frog Frenzy during the tournament.

My favorite of his is TZ with this one right below it followed by Addams Family then Funhouse. The Hole In One shot and Bud and Buzz's wisecracks so make the table. I'd encourage you to make use of the Pinball Map App I've posted about. Who knows...maybe you'll find it. :)

mrgamesmaster

May 29, 2013
Went by the sports bar again a couple days ago when I went to the nearby Teri Cafe for lunch. It seems to have gotten a bit of maintenance I'm glad to say. I was able to plunge the ball through the Jackpot ramp quite a few times and even got a couple during the Multiballs I got pretty much every game. The replay value was raised up just a touch to 11 million which I was able to pass in a couple games. So far, my best is a little over 12 million, but I know I still need more practice on it.

The game was also being very generous with the matches, so I ended up lasting an hour and a half w/just $5. Even got a free game that someone else had left behind when I started it up. It's going the right direction, so can only hope that I do better for now.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts