No Good Gopher Freeze

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
Checked through all my tables after finding out that some which I didnt play for a while could get updated in the PSN store. And then..... trying to start No Good Gophers game the main screen is FREEZEd (only music playing on). I have to switch off PS3 for new start. Someone with same prob, Ideas? Can't even load the table down again, because it is not available as a standalone.

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
hrrrm, i tried mine earlier and it played fine - i had done the latest just-pre-xmas 'phantom of the opera' update. in the u.s. here though, so i know there's different release dates (and release software packages?) to the EU... if you got the 'phantom' update already over there, maybe try to delete the whole thing, and reinstall?? :\ that seems to be the common recommendation, though i know it's a pain in the app!

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
It does not work yet. Thanx White Chocolate and Dedpop. Phantom of the Opera is not yet published in Europe. A new download is impossible because Gophers is no longer in the store. ONly the season 1 pack. I have the season complete. Help is welcome. Ehat happens if I deinstall??? How do I get it again?

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
A new download is impossible because Gophers is no longer in the store. ONly the season 1 pack. I have the season complete. Help is welcome. What happens if I deinstall??? How do I get it again?
Go to your Download List. Even if the content is de-listed from the store, it will always be available on your download list.

Before doing that, go into safe mode and select Option 3 (Restore File System). This will fix any broken code on the hard drive, which could be causing the crashing.

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
Go to your Download List. Even if the content is de-listed from the store, it will always be available on your download list.

Before doing that, go into safe mode and select Option 3 (Restore File System). This will fix any broken code on the hard drive, which could be causing the crashing.
This is helpful. Not knowing any depth of the ps3 system before I found the downloadlist (thank you google ;-).And I think I can do what you propse (safe mode). Do you think/know if i should make up a backup before?

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
Good hint. but No Good Gophers. Tried as proposed, what worked pretty well, because your US-Link was easy to follow and correct. I tried a german psfaq version first and was lost in bleeping, or were bleeps lost? ;-) Whatever. Trying your linkand all was fine. System said: There are corrupt data, will repair/restore. Afterwards I try NGG, press x in the NGG-Loading screen, it gives the start bleep, music plays on and the screen is .... tadaaa...frozen like before. Ha, maybe I made a mistake by startimg the game again - before dowloading it anew. So.... I try again.

Last edited:

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
and now, live report: Do I have again to lift my body from the sofa to make another restart for at least playing another table? Main screen visible. tic tic tic scrolling to NGG. The NGG sounds swings and now I press X aaand... lo presto.... :) I hear a voice, .... I see the table, I start the game, great. Thank you very much!!!!

Last edited:

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
btw: first game after restoring, Highscore more than doubled up to 47,5 M. will be interesting what I can score, when I know what to do

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I actually think my PS3 No good gophers freezes as well. I'll give the data restoration a try when I have some spare time, thanks for posting.

Here's a great tutorial video on no good gophers.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts