iOS - Bug No sound?

Wilma Fingerdo

Oct 8, 2013
No sure is this belongs in the bug/glitch section or not...
Just downloaded the most recent update with Black Knight 2000 (iPad 4; iOS 7) but now there is no sound. None of the tables, welcome screen, etc. have any sound whatsoever. Closed app, relaunched, rebooted iPad, but no luck. Checked the obvious (sound setting in PB Arcade, sound setting in the iPads general settings and the volume control on the iPad itself-- all are on). All other apps have sound, YouTube, web content, etc all have sound. Only PBA is without sound. Anybody else ever experience this?

My next step, I guess, is to delete and reinstall the app. When I do the reinstall:
Will I lose my settings, high scores and hall of fame points? What about tournament rank (silver).
Thanks in advance,

Bill

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
No sure is this belongs in the bug/glitch section or not...
Just downloaded the most recent update with Black Knight 2000 (iPad 4; iOS 7) but now there is no sound. None of the tables, welcome screen, etc. have any sound whatsoever. Closed app, relaunched, rebooted iPad, but no luck. Checked the obvious (sound setting in PB Arcade, sound setting in the iPads general settings and the volume control on the iPad itself-- all are on). All other apps have sound, YouTube, web content, etc all have sound. Only PBA is without sound. Anybody else ever experience this?

My next step, I guess, is to delete and reinstall the app. When I do the reinstall:
Will I lose my settings, high scores and hall of fame points? What about tournament rank (silver).
Thanks in advance,

Bill

Just in case, you might want to try toggling the switch towards the upper right-hand side of your iPad 4.

Wilma Fingerdo

Oct 8, 2013
Thanks, Pin Wiz. Just tried that, but no change.
I forgot to mention that I also logged out and back in to FarSight / Game Center also resulting in no change to the sound.
Any thoughts on deleting and reinstalling the app and tables?

Wilma Fingerdo

Oct 8, 2013
Okay...I got it figured out. I found the "mute" toggled on in the control center:

I'd love to blame my kids, but I'm pretty sure I did it after hitting the Apple TV. Doh!

Tamster

Dec 30, 2012
Still no sound

Thanks, Pin Wiz. Just tried that, but no change.
I forgot to mention that I also logged out and back in to FarSight / Game Center also resulting in no change to the sound.
Any thoughts on deleting and reinstalling the app and tables?

I went into my control area on the pinball arcade and sound is ON - I have tried other things on my iPad thinking it may have a problem elsewhere. Works on all other games...

I didn't notice it until I downloaded the recent upgrade... Is this a problem others are having?

Please HELP

Thanks

chadni

Aug 3, 2013
I went into my control area on the pinball arcade and sound is ON - I have tried other things on my iPad thinking it may have a problem elsewhere. Works on all other games...

Please HELP

Thanks

I'm in the same boat. No sound. It's not a general device issue nor an internal settings issue. Sound is set to ON. There's just no sound.

This is not a specific table issue. The entire app is dead silent. What's pinball without the sound?

iOS 9.2.1
iPad 2
All tables current as of today (Hurricane)

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I'm in the same boat. No sound. It's not a general device issue nor an internal settings issue. Sound is set to ON. There's just no sound.

This is not a specific table issue. The entire app is dead silent. What's pinball without the sound?

iOS 9.2.1
iPad 2
All tables current as of today (Hurricane)

I have the same iOS update on the iPad 2 and sound is working. Have you tried any troubleshooting?

Members online

Members online