No SPA update for my Nexus 7 2013!

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
To reiterate, we can assist debugging this a lot easier if we know what criteria are being used to filter availability in play store.

Is it:
1. Specific devices (a list of which I don't believe has been provided by Farsight)
2. Specific hardware specs minimum threshold (CPU, RAM)
3.Specific OS versions in addition to specific hardware specs

If a device doesn't meet the established criteria, then it's not a bug if it doesn't show up in play store.

Last edited:

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Samsung Galaxy note 10.1
Model number SM-P600
3 gb ram
CPU model Octa-core exynos 5420
Clock speed 1.9 Ghz quad core Cortex-A15 and 1.3 Ghz quad-core Cortex-A7
Gpu vendor ARM
renderer Mali-T628
Android version 5.1.1

dangerx4

Mar 29, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Model number SM-T320
2 GB RAM
CPU model Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
Clock speed 2.3 Ghz quad core Krait 400
Gpu vendor ARM
renderer Adreno 330
Android version 4.4.2 KitKat TouchWiz UI

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Android version 4.4.2 KitKat TouchWiz UI

I think that's the problem right there. Samsung really screwed over Galaxy Tab 3 / Galaxy Tab Pro owners by never even pushing an upgrade to 5.0. After I'm done with my current Tab S, I'm probably done with Samsung; the bloatware and enormous delays in getting OS upgrades is just too much to bear.

dangerx4

Mar 29, 2017
I think that's the problem right there. Samsung really screwed over Galaxy Tab 3 / Galaxy Tab Pro owners by never even pushing an upgrade to 5.0. After I'm done with my current Tab S, I'm probably done with Samsung; the bloatware and enormous delays in getting OS upgrades is just too much to bear.

I also think this, but in google play says that it is compatible with 4.4 and higher, devices with android 5 are also problem to download. I think the bug is this, only android 6 or higher can download.

AnvilCloud

Jun 25, 2016
It would most likely be #2 & 3. SPA requires higher specs than TPA I believe. The other thing could be the APIs they are targeting. So if you have an older device you may be out of luck, maybe... However, I have ran into this issue on my Note 3 running KK before with TPA and managed to completely fix it by tricking the play store into thinking I was using a different, newer device. TPA worked perfectly afterwards even though before my device was supposed to be incompatible.

To reiterate, we can assist debugging this a lot easier if we know what criteria are being used to filter availability in play store.

Is it:
1. Specific devices (a list of which I don't believe has been provided by Farsight)
2. Specific hardware specs minimum threshold (CPU, RAM)
3.Specific OS versions in addition to specific hardware specs

If a device doesn't meet the established criteria, then it's not a bug if it doesn't show up in play store.

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
It is not #2 or #3, it is #1. As i stated earlier in the thread, my LG V20 has 4gb ram and its running android N 7.0. I have SPA installed from when it was first released. There is no update available, i can not find it in the app store. It is not listed under "my apps", i can not locate it with a search, nor can i locate it by going into any other app by farsight and looking up other apps by this developer. So it seems to be available only to the whitelist of devices that have beta tested the build. If flippyfloppy wants i will join the beta team to help sort this out, i just need to know how.

Last edited:

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Samsung Galaxy note 10.1
Model number SM-P600
3 gb ram
CPU model Octa-core exynos 5420
Clock speed 1.9 Ghz quad core Cortex-A15 and 1.3 Ghz quad-core Cortex-A7
Gpu vendor ARM
renderer Mali-T628
Android version 5.1.1

Started showing up for me tonight in the play store so something got fixed!

Last edited:

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
ZTE Axon 7
Model: A2017U
Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820
CPU: Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo)
RAM: 4GB
GPU: Adreno 530

I can no longer get SPA via Play Store, and the web portal is saying the device in incompatible. The previous release ran on this device when the Shield Tablet didn't work.

dangerx4

Mar 29, 2017
Today I finally managed to download the SPA from Google Play on my Samsung Tab Pro SM T320. All tables including Star Trek and Mustang are running perfectly fine, minus ACDC. I can play ACDC, but just press the menu that the table and SPA freezes completely, only the music from the table keeps playing, forcing me to close the SPA. Is anyone else going through this type of problem in the ACDC?

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Today I finally managed to download the SPA from Google Play on my Samsung Tab Pro SM T320. All tables including Star Trek and Mustang are running perfectly fine, minus ACDC. I can play ACDC, but just press the menu that the table and SPA freezes completely, only the music from the table keeps playing, forcing me to close the SPA. Is anyone else going through this type of problem in the ACDC?

Yes! I upgraded to an Nvidia Shield, and SPA crashes (quits completely) pretty much every time I start ACDC.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'm doing some testing on this now to see if I can find a workaround.

I was able to play it first run, but it was laggy.

Subsequent runs caused a crash, and my live wallpaper to bug out on my Google Launcher.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Make sure you folks on the Shield send through a crash report through the bug reporting mechanism. I did one just then.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.