November 28 Tournament

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
For those that haven't read the latest Newsletter, here are the tables that will be in the next Tournament, starting November 28th

• Cactus Canyon
  • Ripley's Believe it or Not!
  • Theatre of Magic
  • Space Shuttle
  • Fish Tales
  • Champion Pub
  • Goin' Nuts
  • Flight 2000

An interesting list containing a couple of real drain monsters, if you ask me... and my personal least favourite, Goin' Nuts. Just that sound drives me crazy.

What is your take on this list?

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
For the PSN tourney I would have preferred to have BSD instead of Cactus Canyon (which is replacing Party Zone in the mobile tournament).
BSD was supposed to be included in the halloween tournament but removed due to delayed release dates. BSD would be a fun tournament table.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Only one season 3 table (moreover the first one released), surprising!

But as I don't own any of them, it's good for me! :p

I like the fact there is drain monsters in the list (F2K, SpS, TCP), which means above all to keep the ball alive more than grinding points by repeating the same shoot process over and over (Rbion, CC).

Whatever, one of the most interesting choice since there is tournaments.

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
I skipped last tournaments because they always featured tables that were from Season 3, but I got my Season 3 pass now.
I'm back !!! :)

Not too happy about the table selection though.
- Only 1 table from S3
- Goin' Nuts ... AGAIN!
- Not many tables in there that I like or am especially good at. (but that can be a good thing! It allows me to learn them a bit more).

I hope I'm still at Gold Level and it didn't bug out or anything, but I'll know that tomorrow evening :)

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
Out for this one, almost wasnt able to play on november because of tendinisis :/ And Goin Nuts and his 90% of multiball is the worst treatment for what i got... good luck guys.

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
The tournament hasn't started yet? :(

The last tournament had different start and end times than usual, maybe it's a new trend? They used to start/end sometime around 4-6am Eastern US time, but the last one didn't start/end until mid-afternoon(I think it was around 9pm GMT). I remember coming home from work and there only being about 7 other names on the leaderboards... I even got to take first place on a table for a while [with a terrible score]! :p

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Wow... it started but it was already Nov 29th GMT! That's a good thing, gives me Friday evening to try and beat my worst score :)

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Once again, I have been randomly demoted to 'bronze'. Was in first place using my girls login spoiledgirl83, an "error occurred". There were only 18 people in 'silver' at the time, I only played on the Vita this time.

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
Set my "base scores" for the gold tournament:

- ToM: 3,700,174,020 (2nd place)
- CC: 104,489,150 (3rd place)
- CP: 125,751,910 (2nd place)
- GN: 1,776,670 (5th place)
- F2000: 499,990 (14th place)
- FT: 433,091,950 (1st place)
- SS: 1,877,440 (7th place)
- RBioN: 58,411,820 (5th place)

Overall: 1st with 685.00 :)

ZOGSLAYER

Jun 18, 2014
I was dumped into bronze twice. Finished 5th in silver last time and got the message before the tournament that I was back in gold.
Tournament started and I'm still in silver...

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
Nice to know that the tournament bugs are back. :(

Forgettable first day for me, 3(or 4?) one-game runs through the table list and nothing to show for it except a lucky string of restarting multiball on GN. Oh well, that's pinball.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Once again, I have been randomly demoted to 'bronze'. Was in first place using my girls login spoiledgirl83, an "error occurred". There were only 18 people in 'silver' at the time, I only played on the Vita this time.

It seems this bug happens only to those who plays on PS3 and Vita.

Byte said:
Wow... it started but it was already Nov 29th GMT! That's a good thing, gives me Friday evening to try and beat my worst score

Yep, that's weird because it says that the tournament starts November 29th at 00h46 GMT (saturday) and ends December 5th at 00h46 GMT (friday). So, the tournament last one day less, if I understand well.

As the December 5th is a friday, the tournament ends during the thursday to friday night -00h46 GMT- (and not friday to saturday night).

Am I right?

nstalkie said:
Set my "base scores" for the gold tournament:

- ToM: 3,700,174,020 (2nd place)
- CC: 104,489,150 (3rd place)
- CP: 125,751,910 (2nd place)
- GN: 1,776,670 (5th place)
- F2000: 499,990 (14th place)
- FT: 433,091,950 (1st place)
- SS: 1,877,440 (7th place)
- RBioN: 58,411,820 (5th place)

I did a funny thing this past night: I played each table only one time, as if there was only one try per table. I scored poorly on all tables except the easiest ones (GN ~5.6M and CC ~221M). With an outstanding 10M on TCP. lol

There should be definitely a limited number of attempt per tables (not necessarly only one, but 3: one for the warm-up, a second to put a definitive score, and a third as a joker if you mess up with the second try). That would be a "true" tournament, with pressure and randomness, as IRL.

The "last score saved" (required in an other topic) would not change very much the way the tournaments are, as there would still be an infinite number of attempts to put a great score.

FS should definitely consider this.

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
2nd run through of the tables today and I've finally set a few scores I'm reasonably happy with, and just tripled(I think) my personal best at Champion Pub to break 100,000,000 and jump to 2nd-Silver on that table. :) Had two other sources of audio chatter so I didn't hear half of what the game said to me, so I guess I'll have to do that well again someday.

Playing each one for a while usually seems to get the best scores, but just playing one game on each seems to help keep it fun and probably helps me learn to be better at playing consistently well. Also eliminates any tendency to rage-quit.

Lykaion23

Apr 8, 2014
Your right that the tournament will end on the night from thursday to friday, the same issue was in the android tournament, too.
I don't know why it is so.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
There should be definitely a limited number of attempt per tables (not necessarly only one, but 3: one for the warm-up, a second to put a definitive score, and a third as a joker if you mess up with the second try). That would be a "true" tournament, with pressure and randomness, as IRL.

The "last score saved" (required in an other topic) would not change very much the way the tournaments are, as there would still be an infinite number of attempts to put a great score.

FS should definitely consider this.

+1

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.