Now that we're up to season 6, what would be your top Ten pins to be added to TPA...

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
That's a pretty weird list...

If we don't get Season 7 then I fully expect Farsight to completely halt development for TPA. Meaning that there won't be any more fixes, physics updates, improvements, etc, for any platform. We will be stuck with things how they are.

Well, he does have RF and BBB. Besides, every pinball fan worth their salt has their own ideas about what should be included in TPA. I have some Premiers on my list too.

It will all depend on if season 6 continues to sell. The console situation (PSN, XBL, and WiiU), their countless bugs and their endless and numerous delays can't be helping matters too much. But a release of STPA may help boost sales once it gets promoted out of vaporware status, with the exception of the currently available VR version.

I hope support doesn't stop, as there are so many tables that need fixes, especially in the first two seasons.

Last edited:

PunkTiger

Apr 12, 2014
This comes up every so often, and I always feel I suggest crap games. Hey, I've been playing pinball since the early 70s, so I always suggest a few I played when I was growing up regardless of whether or not it was a "popular" board. My choices (or the time being):

1. Fan-Tas-Tic (EM)
2. Paragon (SS, wide body)
3. Lost World (SS, 1978, NOT Jurassic Park, the other one)
4. Mystic (SS)
5. Flash (SS)
6. Embryon (SS)
7. Silverball Mania (SS)
8. Black Jack (SS, but had really nice chimes)
9. Roller Disco (SS, wide body)
10. Blackout (SS)

The list is almost all SS boards, but nothing newer than the early 80s (sorry, people who love confusing boards , rule sets, multi-billion scores, and toys). That being said, this list is subject to change depending upon my mood and what boards I'm currently into.

karl

May 10, 2012
If this season was over right now, there is easily at least enough material left to safely guide us through season 10.

I have included licenses for the Bally/Will games but left out the only one we are absolutely sure is impossible - Indiana Jones

I have not included Data East, Stern or Sega because of the other App. Or premiers .(enough of them already) But even without all of those, there is still much gold to be found.

Tables in random order:

Season 7:

01. Banzai Run
02. Fathom
03. The Shadow
04. Surf Champ (just bought it myself and it is wonderful)
05. Swords of Fury
06. Big Bang Bar
07. Corvette
08. Barracora
09. Joker Poker
10. Roller Games

Season 8:

01. Congo
02. Mousin' around
03. Pinball Magic
04. Jungle Queen
05. Medusa
06. World Cup Soccer 94
07. Game Show
08. Paragon
09. Police Force
10. Flash Gordon

Season 9:

01. Kingpin (capcom)
02. Frontier
03. Johnny Mnemonic
04. Solar Fire
05. Transporter - The rescue (not played it but looks ok)
06. The Flintstones
07. Dirty Harry
08. Radical
09. Demolition Man
10. Centigrade 37

Season 10: Starting to run out of spaces available - not games, by this point

01. NBA Fastbreak
02. Defender
03. Airborne (Capcom) or Mystery Castle (Alvin G)
04. Skateball or Vector or Mystic
05. Popeye or Gill Island(how bad can they be?)
06. Alien Poker
07. Embryon or Hot Doggin' or Future Spa
08. Jokers or Fire or Space Station or....
09.Harlem Globetrotters or BMX or Devils Dare or Spectrum or
10.Nip it or Alladin's Castle or Mata Hari or Capt Fantastic or Big Brave or Royal Flush or Jack's open or spirit of 76 or Buccaneer or...............

And I forgot plenty more :)

Neko20

Jan 7, 2015
Why is 'The Shadow' such an expensive license? I personally have a fondness for that movie and all, but it was a really huge flop at the BO and they only released it on DVD/Blu-Ray once each. I don't think Universal Pictures cares about it. 'Congo' is another one you'd think would be easy as well, partially due to the unfortunate passing of Michael Crichton.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I don't think the succesfullness of a movie factors heavily in licensing, although it will be of some influence. It also has to do with the likeness of actors, and their voices, irrespective of the movie or other license on which the pin is based. An infamous example would be Christopher Loyd, when they were making TAF (and would be again in the picture if Back to the Future would ever be made). Although specific numbers were not named, it was clear that he asked for a ridiculous fee. The solution for Farsight was not paying the fee and changing his likeness on the table just enough that it didn't fall anymore under license rules. Congo would not be easier as license because of the passing of Michael Crichton, because dealing with the estates seems to be even more of a headache. Congo will also be a difficult license because the whole table is based on the movie, it's not just one actor with which Farsight has to deal with. I have some indirect experience with all that licensing trouble because a friend of mine was involved in creating JJP's the Hobbit and you wouldn't believe the level of nitpicking that goes into what can be done, and what is not allowed. The current pinball companies all think that you have to have a license of a mainstream popular IP to score, and maybe they are right, but it sure can be a whole lot easier if you just work with your own IP.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
If this season was over right now, there is easily at least enough material left to safely guide us through season 10.

I have included licenses for the Bally/Will games but left out the only one we are absolutely sure is impossible - Indiana Jones

I have not included Data East, Stern or Sega because of the other App. Or premiers .(enough of them already) But even without all of those, there is still much gold to be found.

Tables in random order:

Season 7:

01. Banzai Run
02. Fathom
03. The Shadow
04. Surf Champ (just bought it myself and it is wonderful)
05. Swords of Fury
06. Big Bang Bar
07. Corvette
08. Barracora
09. Joker Poker
10. Roller Games

Season 8:

01. Congo
02. Mousin' around
03. Pinball Magic
04. Jungle Queen
05. Medusa
06. World Cup Soccer 94
07. Game Show
08. Paragon
09. Police Force
10. Flash Gordon

Season 9:

01. Kingpin (capcom)
02. Frontier
03. Johnny Mnemonic
04. Solar Fire
05. Transporter - The rescue (not played it but looks ok)
06. The Flintstones
07. Dirty Harry
08. Radical
09. Demolition Man
10. Centigrade 37

Season 10: Starting to run out of spaces available - not games, by this point

01. NBA Fastbreak
02. Defender
03. Airborne (Capcom) or Mystery Castle (Alvin G)
04. Skateball or Vector or Mystic
05. Popeye or Gill Island(how bad can they be?)
06. Alien Poker
07. Embryon or Hot Doggin' or Future Spa
08. Jokers or Fire or Space Station or....
09.Harlem Globetrotters or BMX or Devils Dare or Spectrum or
10.Nip it or Alladin's Castle or Mata Hari or Capt Fantastic or Big Brave or Royal Flush or Jack's open or spirit of 76 or Buccaneer or...............

And I forgot plenty more :)

I think you should go work for Farsight :) You have my vote!

karl

May 10, 2012
I don't think the succesfullness of a movie factors heavily in licensing, although it will be of some influence. It also has to do with the likeness of actors, and their voices, irrespective of the movie or other license on which the pin is based. An infamous example would be Christopher Loyd, when they were making TAF (and would be again in the picture if Back to the Future would ever be made). Although specific numbers were not named, it was clear that he asked for a ridiculous fee. The solution for Farsight was not paying the fee and changing his likeness on the table just enough that it didn't fall anymore under license rules. Congo would not be easier as license because of the passing of Michael Crichton, because dealing with the estates seems to be even more of a headache. Congo will also be a difficult license because the whole table is based on the movie, it's not just one actor with which Farsight has to deal with. I have some indirect experience with all that licensing trouble because a friend of mine was involved in creating JJP's the Hobbit and you wouldn't believe the level of nitpicking that goes into what can be done, and what is not allowed. The current pinball companies all think that you have to have a license of a mainstream popular IP to score, and maybe they are right, but it sure can be a whole lot easier if you just work with your own IP.

This is such a great explanation of how licenses work that it should be copy and pasted in every time someone asks why an old movie or a non popular franchise is expensive

Very well put Slam. Great write-up. Both Thumbs up

Wolis

Jul 12, 2012
Noone seems to be mentioning:

Flash (Williams)
Scorpion (Williams)

Others on my wishlist
Car hop
Solar Fire
Grand lizard
Fire power II

I don't ask for much :)

Happy to help kickstart all of these is money where the only reason they won't be made.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012

What I never understood is how did Farsight get the licenses for all of the actors on Last Action Hero without a Kickstarter. We know they got Schwartenegger for the T2 Kickstarter, but there is like 5 other actors on the back glass and they didn't change their likeness.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
FarSight did a licensing deal with Sony for tables such as Last Action Hero, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Starship Troopers, and I think Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Each movie studio licensing is different.

drdrey

Jun 11, 2012
Bad cats my most wanted table
Police force
Big bang bar
Corvette
Tales from the crypt
Fire
Millionaire
Big guns
Sorcerer
Jokerz

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
I’m thinking that for a great many people, most of their Top 10 are probably already in the game. I know my most wanted DMD games have already been done, though there’s certainly room for more!

For fun, I tried to compile a list for a season (and a follow-up) that consisted of games people seemed especially passionate for. I looked through these posts, past posts, the old polls, etc. in trying to come up with it, weighing certain tables more for people with fewer must have’s on their list (going back to the early posts of the forums in some cases). I purposely left out licensed tables that seem unrealistic, but included some that I think are possible. My own passion moving forward includes EM’s especially, and also System 11, and I was glad to see those show up multiple times. My process was not particularly methodical... checking off tables and tallies and making notes as I went through things, plus my own biases here and there. In any event...

My non-scientific ‘consensus’ season, for what it’s worth (tables in no specific order):

1 – Rollergames
2 – Big Bang Bar
3 – Spirit of 76 + Sorcerer
4 – Swords of Fury
5 – Congo
6 – The Shadow
7 – Banzai Run
8 – Bad Cats
9 – Atlantis (Gottlieb) + Ace High
10 – Tales from the Crypt

And to follow:

1 – Fathom
2 – Fire!
3 – Paragon
4 – Jokerz
5 – Kingpin (Capcom)
6 – Devil’s Dare
7 – Space Station
8 – Jack in the Box
9 – Buccaneer
10 – Royal Flush

I included Jack in the Box (which wasn’t mentioned too much) to diversify the EM playstyles. For symmetrical big ol’ horizontal drop, I felt that Kingpin (Gottlieb), which I like, is somewhat similar to El Dorado (ED being the later asymmetrical version) and Jacks Open has similarities with Royal Flush, which is on many lists. The EM selections are meant to represent what people have suggested and to maximize diversity in the fewest number of tables. If we had a whole season’s worth I would throw in C37, Kingpin, Jacks Open, Fast Draw, 300, Jungle Queen, Surfer, Orbit, etc. But, with the existing tables in TPA, I think the EM list is a pretty diverse representation of classic Gottliebs: Ace High, Central Park, Big Shot, El Dorado, Jack in the Box, Atlantis, Spirit of 76, Buccaneer and Royal Flush. I think SO76 and Atlantis are the obvious top choices with Royal Flush and then opinions start to vary.

I also didn’t take into consideration the number of licenses based on manufacturers. Obviously that would influence the actual realistic possibilities as well.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
What I never understood is how did Farsight get the licenses for all of the actors on Last Action Hero without a Kickstarter. We know they got Schwartenegger for the T2 Kickstarter, but there is like 5 other actors on the back glass and they didn't change their likeness.

Don't say that too loud, somebody may wise up! ;) But maybe Russell is on to something and Sony has their own license agreements in contract which keeps Farsight free from having to pursue them. I guess it just shows how intricate these things can be and we can only guess. [MENTION=465]karl[/MENTION] : thanks for the compliment!

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
The 10 table packs I hope for before the end are:
Indiana Jones
Revenge from Mars
Centigrade 37 / Jive Time
Pinball Magic (& or BBB King Pin)
Grand Prix / Ace High
Fathom
Sorcerer / Jet Spin
Mystery Castle (& or Garage Band, Pistol Poker, Punchy)
Tales from the Crypt
Old Chicago / Target Alpha

I could easily pick more too

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.