Votes: 0 0.0%
  • always analog

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • depends on the situation

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

Ozzpot

May 5, 2012
I completely understand and agree I share the same respect for the owner of the table as I would imagine if not careful the technique could cause some serious damage to a fine table.

Also I was able to get a recording of me pulling off some bang backs on Black Hole, please excuse the quality of the video as I don't own any video capture equipment or a tripod and all the recording was done on my phone. There are three saves total in my video and I did them in about a 15 minute span of playing but don't worry the video is edited down for viewing purposes. Also to keep with the spirit of the thread I was using the analog stick.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLt-q2ofglE

Holy crap!

One of my gripes with the nudge on TPA is that I didn't think Death Saves or BangBacks were possible, not with the stick anyway. Looks like I just haven't got the hang of it yet. It sure would help me with Black Hole!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I completely understand and agree I share the same respect for the owner of the table as I would imagine if not careful the technique could cause some serious damage to a fine table.

Also I was able to get a recording of me pulling off some bang backs on Black Hole, please excuse the quality of the video as I don't own any video capture equipment or a tripod and all the recording was done on my phone. There are three saves total in my video and I did them in about a 15 minute span of playing but don't worry the video is edited down for viewing purposes. Also to keep with the spirit of the thread I was using the analog stick.

I think this is the first time that I've called for video evidence on a claimed feat in a video game where someone actually delivered the goods.

Sir, the field is yours! Well done!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Ive got 1 kickback/death save I always try but nothin....then during a really good ball drained on the left I yelled "NO!" and flicked the L analog QUICK! a piece of my thumb just grazed it for a super flick i guess? but it hopped up and on to my right flipper and caught it. I think it was FH or CV I was drinking :) Oh...ANALOG!!!

12 Oz Mouse

Aug 3, 2012
I think this is the first time that I've called for video evidence on a claimed feat in a video game where someone actually delivered the goods.

Sir, the field is yours! Well done!

Thank you for the kind words! :D I am just happy I could show others that it could be done.

Ozzpot

May 5, 2012

I was playing Black Hole just now, and sure enough, I managed to perform 2 bangbacks, consecutively in fact, both from the left side (unlike the video). I was however, using the d-pad. How you can do this with the stick is beyond me. Nothing I do with the stick produces a nudge with anywhere near enough force to pull off this manoeuvre.

So, to answer the question posed by the OP, I use both: Analogue stick to avert SDTMs, D-Pad to attempt bangbacks/deathsaves. I don't use it at any other time (like lane switching or shot adjustment etc) like some of these wizards do.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.