NVIDIA card no longer recognized by PBA

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
This is explained in this post http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/12416-Suddenly-no-longer-playable

I thought it only affected the Stern Pinball Arcade but I have the same problem with PBA (as explained in that post). I wonder if other players have the same problem that PBA only recognizes the Intel Graphics and no longer the NVIDIA card?

Hopefully this is going to get fixed soon or someone will be able to help me find a solution in the meantime!

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
double check in the control panel that the dx11 exe itself is set for nvidia not just the global settings after the last update i had tomanually redo it

if all else fails reinstall the driver? otherwise all i can say it works fine here with a 970m

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
Yes, both programs are set for nvidia. I even deleted them from the list and put them back on to be sure.
I have found a thread on Steam from a few years ago where people had the exact same problem. And I still am quite sure that this problem is a PBA/SPBA problem as not a single other program is affected. Possibly not all cards are affected or some are just luckier than I am but it wouldn't surprise me if this is a bug in PBA/SPBA. I just hope this gets sorted out soon.
But thank you in any case for your suggestions, Heretic!

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
I found the "solution" - I had to go back to the older driver (from 21.21.13.7654 back to 10.18.135354). Both programs are working again. But in my opinion the devs should make sure that PBA/SPBA recognize the latest drivers as well!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.