Official Announcement.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
What do you suppose the resale value of a ps4/steam/ect account with a full collection of tables will be after the deadline? lol get your self about 10 ps4 accounts and buy them all i'm sure you will triple your money scalping accounts, which is fully legal to do by the way. You can't resell a digital game because it does not tangibly exist, but you can resell an account linked to the ownership of digital games. I guarantee you will see this on ebay soon.

also yes you can add multiple accounts on a ps4 and play all games owned by any account on the ps4 under any profile on that ps4, works on steam too

Last edited:

Jimmy.Long

May 10, 2018
Just a quick question - i just bought all seven season pro packs - do i have all the tables now? Because on PSN i still see some stuff to buy - like the adams family table for 4.99. Do i have to buy this table serperately? Or Party Zone as well? Or the Glo Balls, etc...
I thought by buying all the pro pack i have everything.

Thx

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Just a quick question - i just bought all seven season pro packs - do i have all the tables now? Because on PSN i still see some stuff to buy - like the adams family table for 4.99. Do i have to buy this table serperately? Or Party Zone as well? Or the Glo Balls, etc...
I thought by buying all the pro pack i have everything.

Thx

For most season 4 and 5 tables, they should show up as "free" in the PSN store. Make sure you go through the individual tables from those seasons and purchase the "free" tables. If any aren't listed as free, go to settings on your PS4 and restore purchases and look again. I would get on it asap because they will probably be delisted soon.

Jimmy.Long

May 10, 2018
Yeah, this is what i normaly do purchase the free stuff after buying a season pass, etc... - but this time there where no free stuff after buying all the pro packs. But i found the mistake - i searched for "pinball arcade" - but instead i had to search for "table" or "pro table" - then all the free tables showed up.

Do i have to buy the ball packs individually or are they part of the pro packs?

I searched for every table now and they are all "purchased" axcept the "harley davidson & taxi" pack. Is that normal? Can someone with all the propacks check?

Thanks

pushdrops

Dec 28, 2013
I was forced to buy season packs via In-Game and not within Steam (PC). Unfortunately the table packs were pulled sometime Friday evening 6/29 and not available thru 6/30 as everyone was told.

I only use Steam for TPA and am not familiar with it at all and didn't realize that the $150 I spent would not appear under my Steam account (the five packs that I bought via In-Game do not appear as DLC within the Steam library as do the 1st two packs I purchased years ago).

My concern is will the five packs that I bought In-Game be available if I re-install the Steam app / TPA on a new PC? Within Steam I can see the "wallet purchases" but there's no details on each other than within the name of the transaction it states "TPA Season Pack X" as trying to view details on the trx results in an error something similar to "we cannot contact the server" (perhaps referring to Farsight).

Does anyone know for certain that season packs bought In-Game are associated with your Steam ID and will be available upon reinstallation? Thanks!

FYI extra info:

My PC is 8 years old and needs to be updated badly & I'd like to know how I can confirm that the purchases / season packs will still be available when moving to a replacement PC?

I've read on Steam that some have said that the In-App purchases are tied to your TPA account. I've logged into my TPA acct but cannot see any sign of purchases.

I really do not want to try to get a refund as having access to the Bally / Williams tables is something I'd have paid even more $$$ for b/c they are that important to me - I just want to be certain that the In-App purchases we were forced to buy (as they removed all content from Steam earlier than the 6/30 due date) are going to be available in the future.

Sorry if this is such basic info (I've searched and have seen reports from years ago b4 TPA was avail on Steam and In-App purchases were required & while most people seemed to think In-App purchases were tied to your Steam acct some said that it's tied to your TPA acct and others stated they couldn't see such purchases upon reinstall - so I couldn't find a definitive answer regarding this topic which I'm guessing is never an issue b/c for years now , everyone purchases thru Steam - until last night when the content was pulled early w/o notice forcing people to either buy In-App or miss out on Bally / WMS tables forever with TPA).

A simple way to validate that the In-App season purchases are associated with your Steam ID would be awesome if someone could provide that info in addition to confirming that the purchases should always be available (just as if they were bought thru Steam).

Thanks

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You’re fine. When you get your new PC, you download the TPA base game from Steam. Once you log into your FarSight account in-game, all tables you purchased will show up and will download. Or at least that’s what FarSight has said will happen.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I was forced to buy season packs via In-Game and not within Steam (PC). Unfortunately the table packs were pulled sometime Friday evening 6/29 and not available thru 6/30 as everyone was told.

I only use Steam for TPA and am not familiar with it at all and didn't realize that the $150 I spent would not appear under my Steam account (the five packs that I bought via In-Game do not appear as DLC within the Steam library as do the 1st two packs I purchased years ago).

My concern is will the five packs that I bought In-Game be available if I re-install the Steam app / TPA on a new PC? Within Steam I can see the "wallet purchases" but there's no details on each other than within the name of the transaction it states "TPA Season Pack X" as trying to view details on the trx results in an error something similar to "we cannot contact the server" (perhaps referring to Farsight).

Does anyone know for certain that season packs bought In-Game are associated with your Steam ID and will be available upon reinstallation? Thanks!

FYI extra info:

My PC is 8 years old and needs to be updated badly & I'd like to know how I can confirm that the purchases / season packs will still be available when moving to a replacement PC?

I've read on Steam that some have said that the In-App purchases are tied to your TPA account. I've logged into my TPA acct but cannot see any sign of purchases.

I really do not want to try to get a refund as having access to the Bally / Williams tables is something I'd have paid even more $$$ for b/c they are that important to me - I just want to be certain that the In-App purchases we were forced to buy (as they removed all content from Steam earlier than the 6/30 due date) are going to be available in the future.

Sorry if this is such basic info (I've searched and have seen reports from years ago b4 TPA was avail on Steam and In-App purchases were required & while most people seemed to think In-App purchases were tied to your Steam acct some said that it's tied to your TPA acct and others stated they couldn't see such purchases upon reinstall - so I couldn't find a definitive answer regarding this topic which I'm guessing is never an issue b/c for years now , everyone purchases thru Steam - until last night when the content was pulled early w/o notice forcing people to either buy In-App or miss out on Bally / WMS tables forever with TPA).

A simple way to validate that the In-App season purchases are associated with your Steam ID would be awesome if someone could provide that info in addition to confirming that the purchases should always be available (just as if they were bought thru Steam).

Thanks

I recently emailed FarSight about this. I did the same thing as you. But while reviewing my purchase history, I saw the individual purchases showing up as "in-game" and not as Steam DLC. I asked if we were going to get Steam keys in the event that something goes wrong with Farsight's servers and we can't access our purchases. They never answered-although they did answer my question about GB's frame rate (in the next few updates, BTW).

As I said in my E-mail to them, I do understand what a difficult process that would be.
Hopefully FarSight is still around when my computer takes the dirt nap. That's a lot of money worth of purchases (and true pinball classics-some even kickstarted) to lose

skysier

Jun 25, 2018
I m understand for Bally table.. but i don't undestand.. I have Watch on wikipedia that stern had parted on williams

pushdrops

Dec 28, 2013
Hi [MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION]

The strange thing is I didn't even see how I'm logging into a TPA acct from within Steam. I do have a TPA acct and logged into it and I do not see the purchases (keep in mind it is possible that the TPA acct i'm logging into via their site is not the same TPA acct that I'm logged into within Steam / TPA <if I am even logged into a TPA acct within my Steam setup at all>).

I'll have to try to see how to determine exactly which TPA acct i'm currently signed into within Steam (if any - I checked all settings quickly over the weekend and didn't see where I'm signed into to any sort of TPA acct within my Steam setup when playing TPA via Steam) - if I can indeed determine which TPA acct I'm signed into within Steam which is showing the 5 season packs I just bought (which only show up within "in-game" and not as DLC within Steam itself) so that at least I'll have a chance to make sure I somehow setup the same TPA acct within Steam on my next PC in case that improves the chances that these 5 table packs will remain as available on a brand new PC installation.

This is so silly that Farsight assured everyone the tables / seasons etc would be avail thru and including the end of June (6/31) yet by Friday evening 6/30 the items were removed from Steam leaving folks to either chance never having access to the Bally / WMS tables again ever under the platform or purchasing via in-game as a "workaround" that is leaving folks unsure that their hard earned $$$$ bought them items that will 100% be avail within Steam in the future. I guess this is what I get for buying 2 days prior to the expiration date of 7/1 but I had surgery and was unable to buy the season packs earlier as planned and barely had a chance to buy them 6/30 only to find them "missing" early.

Farsight really could have advised folks in advance that the items would not possibly be avail in Steam all the way thru the end of June as was told. I have no issue with the workaround purchase process within "in-game" which was a little painful for buying so many items (constantly going thru the process of adding $$$ to my Steam wallet and then buying a packet, repeat 5x) , I can deal with that "hassle" it's just that I'm not into Steam at all and had no idea the items wouldn't appear as DLC (normal purchases) and I really wish the 5 season's were showing as DLC & would have gotten someone to buy them for me while I was in the hospital rather than wait until 6/30 and end up in this situation where "hopefully" I should be fine for "now" at least if re-installing and even years down the line - but instead of "hopefully" i'd rather them appear as DLC. I guess that's what i get for not being well informed and taking it that the items would be avail until at least the 30th much less the 31st.

Hopefully I learn from this experience and buy as early as possible in the future to avoid confusion (also it would be great if vendors don't pull items a couple of days earlier than noted but again with such advance notice i could have made an arrangement to have had the seasons bought earlier even though I was dealing with health issues / surgery etc).

I'm really hoping that somehow the in-game purchases of seasons. Thanks again for your feedback. You'd think in 2018 the fact that Farsight suggested to everyone to buy in-game for the final 2 days that those games would have to be avail in the future w/o any hassle or it would really cast a negative image on them if the games were not accessible upon reinstalls down the line to the many users that were forced into buying in-game the final 2 days that didn't plan on having to purchase via that method.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hi [MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION]

The strange thing is I didn't even see how I'm logging into a TPA acct from within Steam. I do have a TPA acct and logged into it and I do not see the purchases (keep in mind it is possible that the TPA acct i'm logging into via their site is not the same TPA acct that I'm logged into within Steam / TPA <if I am even logged into a TPA acct within my Steam setup at all>).

I'll have to try to see how to determine exactly which TPA acct i'm currently signed into within Steam (if any - I checked all settings quickly over the weekend and didn't see where I'm signed into to any sort of TPA acct within my Steam setup when playing TPA via Steam) - if I can indeed determine which TPA acct I'm signed into within Steam which is showing the 5 season packs I just bought (which only show up within "in-game" and not as DLC within Steam itself) so that at least I'll have a chance to make sure I somehow setup the same TPA acct within Steam on my next PC in case that improves the chances that these 5 table packs will remain as available on a brand new PC installation.

Question about you logging in; when you fire up the game and are on the main menu screen, did you click on the 'login' tab there? Because that is what logs into FarSight's account to determine what you've bought in game. The email you use for that I believe has to match the email you used for registering with Steam, but I'm not sure on that. Point is, until you log into that tab within the game, purchases you made through the game aren't going to show up. And just like having a Steam account, it's not tied to a specific computer. I just did a computer change over a month ago, and all my tables transferred over just fine. I can load the game up on my laptop and have the same access too. Hell, you could go over to a friends house that only has a few tables purchased, log in using your account, and all your tables would show. (bad news is it'll wipe all prior data for high scores and goals met, but I'm just saying you could if you wanted)

This is so silly that Farsight assured everyone the tables / seasons etc would be avail thru and including the end of June (6/31) yet by Friday evening 6/30 the items were removed from Steam leaving folks to either chance never having access to the Bally / WMS tables again ever under the platform or purchasing via in-game as a "workaround" that is leaving folks unsure that their hard earned $$$$ bought them items that will 100% be avail within Steam in the future. I guess this is what I get for buying 2 days prior to the expiration date of 7/1 but I had surgery and was unable to buy the season packs earlier as planned and barely had a chance to buy them 6/30 only to find them "missing" early.

Um, there is no June 31st. Also, FarSight did warn people that the product might disappear from stores earlier. For instance, PS4 owners were made aware it'd be gone for them on June 28th. There was a solid 2 months advance warning of when tables would be gone. It was said just as early that there would be no sale price on these either. I get the fear of not having the Steam packs and instead relying on FarSight's servers continuing operation into the future. There's plenty of online only games that have had the company eventually shut down the servers after time. FarSight has promised that as long as they are around, so to will be the servers. This is the world we live in, where physical media is a thing of the past.

Farsight really could have advised folks in advance that the items would not possibly be avail in Steam all the way thru the end of June as was told. I have no issue with the workaround purchase process within "in-game" which was a little painful for buying so many items (constantly going thru the process of adding $$$ to my Steam wallet and then buying a packet, repeat 5x) , I can deal with that "hassle" it's just that I'm not into Steam at all and had no idea the items wouldn't appear as DLC (normal purchases) and I really wish the 5 season's were showing as DLC & would have gotten someone to buy them for me while I was in the hospital rather than wait until 6/30 and end up in this situation where "hopefully" I should be fine for "now" at least if re-installing and even years down the line - but instead of "hopefully" i'd rather them appear as DLC. I guess that's what i get for not being well informed and taking it that the items would be avail until at least the 30th much less the 31st.

Again, no such thing as June 31st. FarSight sent out the very info you wanted in their newsletter, it was posted here in various threads by various people, and we talked about it in our BlahCade Pinball Podcast on several occasions as well as Tweeting about it, which FarSight did too. I know they made mention of it on their Facebook page, so there were ample ways this info got out. Other than a personal phone call or a letter sent in the mail, what more did you want? Life gets in the way, sure, but don't pin that on FarSight.

Hopefully I learn from this experience and buy as early as possible in the future to avoid confusion (also it would be great if vendors don't pull items a couple of days earlier than noted but again with such advance notice i could have made an arrangement to have had the seasons bought earlier even though I was dealing with health issues / surgery etc).

I'm really hoping that somehow the in-game purchases of seasons. Thanks again for your feedback. You'd think in 2018 the fact that Farsight suggested to everyone to buy in-game for the final 2 days that those games would have to be avail in the future w/o any hassle or it would really cast a negative image on them if the games were not accessible upon reinstalls down the line to the many users that were forced into buying in-game the final 2 days that didn't plan on having to purchase via that method.

Like I said, you can switch computers down the line and your purchases will still be available. That has always been the case and will continue to be. If you aren't sure what account things are tied to, contact FarSight at support@farsight.com and they'll sort you out. You are not going to be left swinging in the wind.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
Holy cow. Even Jon Norris is interested in finding out what happened with FarSight's William's/Bally license. His posts on TPA's FaceBook page are below.

"Still waiting to see what Sci Games (WMS) is going to do with their pinball licenses."

"My theory regarding TPA losing the Sci Games (SG) license is that either SG will create their own pinball titles for consoles or have granted a license to another game developer.

If this is the case, I would expect some sort of announcement from SG regarding the future of their pinball licenses."

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Holy cow. Even Jon Norris is interested in finding out what happened with FarSight's William's/Bally license. His posts on TPA's FaceBook page are below.

"Still waiting to see what Sci Games (WMS) is going to do with their pinball licenses."

"My theory regarding TPA losing the Sci Games (SG) license is that either SG will create their own pinball titles for consoles or have granted a license to another game developer.

If this is the case, I would expect some sort of announcement from SG regarding the future of their pinball licenses."

This Week in Pinball covered this too.

https://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-...r-bash-remake-dwight-sullivan-interview-more/

Screen-Shot-2018-07-07-at-2.52.24-PM.png

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015

I think this would be cool. I just have to remain skeptical that anyone else can do this and still make a go of it. I mean, say what you will about FarSight Studios, but... hey, they have accomplished quite a bit, and are a big part of renewed pinball interst. Logically, could a different developer do a little better? Possibly. But I can't fathom anybody doing significantly better making a videogame version of a Williams/Bally. And then being able to sell it all over again.

I'd love to see it, but won't believe it until I actually do see it :)

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014

This is interesting. According to the article Brad Baker is the owner of VP Cabs. He responded with a post that “There is a plan!” Could SG be partnering with him to sell licensed William’s/Bally’s tables in a newly designed software package that runs exclusively on his cabs? These Cabs which are pretty pricey would then not only continue to bring in money from pin enthusiasts (SG would probably get a cut of the cab sales most likely in exchange for the license and VP Cabs hiring someone to develop the software) for home use but would also bring in mucho dinero if set up commercially in casinos as gambling tables. The tables purchased for home use could then also be set up to allow gambling from home. This would all be a very good reason for SG to not allow FarSight to continue to sell tables they already created as they would then still be somewhat of a competitor. We all know that the big money and big greed of SG revolves around gambling, so there is only one direction this can all lead. There is noooo way SG abruptly revoked the license from FarSight and just intend to sit on it. Ayyy!

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
This is interesting. According to the article Brad Baker is the owner of VP Cabs. He responded with a post that “There is a plan!” Could SG be partnering with him to sell licensed William’s/Bally’s tables in a newly designed software package that runs exclusively on his cabs? These Cabs which are pretty pricey would then not only continue to bring in money from pin enthusiasts (SG would probably get a cut of the cab sales most likely in exchange for the license and VP Cabs hiring someone to develop the software) for home use but would also bring in mucho dinero if set up commercially in casinos as gambling tables. The tables purchased for home use could then also be set up to allow gambling from home. This would all be a very good reason for SG to not allow FarSight to continue to sell tables they already created as they would then still be somewhat of a competitor. We all know that the big money and big greed of SG revolves around gambling, so there is only one direction this can all lead. There is noooo way SG abruptly revoked the license from FarSight and just intend to sit on it. Ayyy!
You underestimate the indifference of management. Farsight already remade the best tables available. The only reason to take that away (ie selling already existing tables) is because you are closing shop on it.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
There's a difference between abruptly revoking a license and just decided not to renew when the deadline rolls around after a couple of years.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Question about you logging in; when you fire up the game and are on the main menu screen, did you click on the 'login' tab there? Because that is what logs into FarSight's account to determine what you've bought in game.

I don't have a Farsight login at all and I've bought most of the seasons from in-game. I don't really get how that works.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
There's a difference between abruptly revoking a license and just decided not to renew when the deadline rolls around after a couple of years.

Exactly. This was abruptly revoked with a plan in mind. If SG was indifferent they would have just not renewed the license when it expired but still told FarSight to go ahead and continue to sell the tables they already made but to stop sending them the checks which cost them more to cash than what they are worth.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.