Official "few days after launch waiting for iOS table release"-thread

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
aka. Official "clicking App Store-app to see if TPA has been updated before App Store has found the update itself"-thread.

Will it take one extra week again? Will this be something we have to get used to? I guess we have been spoiled for a while compared to other platforms but still, it is a bit frustrating.

Not THAT excited about Jack*Bot though since the playfield is so similar to Pin*Bot but I may get a positive surprise.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I didn't even realize a new table dropped this week. I think last month it was 5 days late or so.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Yeah, something like that. I am still busy with my goal of getting all tables under #300 on the leaderboards so I am not THAT eager to get it just yet.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I'm all for this thread because sharing the waiting frustration is better than dealing with it on your own. We've been spoiled though on iOS, seeing as there are also XBOX users out there.....
I have played Jack*Bot in VP, and besides being a big drain monster, it definitely not felt as Pin*Bot-ty as you would expect. Granted, layout is pretty much identical, but modes, DMD and sound/music make a big difference. You could compare it favorably to the comparison between a vanilla BOP and BOP 2.0 (P-Roc enhanced with a lot of additions in gameplay).

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I think a lot of these recent delays caused by the Apple app approval system are caused by the many apps being re-coded to add Apple Watch functionality (AWF). All of these apps need to be approved by Apple before they're released to the App Store. With all of the new/updated apps being released and needing approval, it just adds to the approval time.

I'm also finding that many/most of these apps that are being re-coded to add AWF are growing larger in size because of it. For this reason, I have pretty much stopped updating these apps unless there is a significant reason for the update and not just to add more bloat to the app to support the Apple Watch. These apps are ballooning despite the fact that I will never purchase an Apple Watch and have absolutely no need for AWF being built into the app. Being on 16GB devices (with ~12 GB free after iOS takes it's 4 GB share), every bit of space saved helps me out.

I would sincerely hope that TPA would not add AWF in the future just for the sake of adding it and some pointless Apple Watch feature(s) that the majority of users wouldn't need, nor even care about and that Farsight's resources are used for much more important changes to the app.

Now where the hell is Jack*Bot? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I would sincerely hope that TPA would not add AWF in the future just for the sake of adding it and some pointless Apple Watch feature(s) that the majority of users wouldn't need, nor even care about and that Farsight's resources are used for much more important changes to the app.

Now where the hell is Jack*Bot? :rolleyes:

I may want a apple iWatch eventually (its so shiny) but def not the first version - still stings buying the ipad1 and mere months later getting screwed for being an early adopter - plus one on my students works for apple and said to wait for the 2nd gen when they figure out battery life.

but just brainstorming what could the watch add to TPA? a external dmd? a better accelerometer for nudge? a plunger?

probably nothing - just a thought. keeping myself busy so i don't constantly check the App Store for the jack bot update

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
but just brainstorming what could the watch add to TPA? a external dmd? a better accelerometer for nudge? a plunger?

probably nothing - just a thought.
Probably something silly like maybe something to do with leaderboards and maybe getting notified when someone beats your high score...developers are creative and adding all kinds of "features" for the watch, regardless if the "feature" is useful or not.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Probably something silly like maybe something to do with leaderboards and maybe getting notified when someone beats your high score...developers are creative and adding all kinds of "features" for the watch, regardless if the "feature" is useful or not.

the name of the mode your currently in and a countdown timer if its timed would be a useful feature.
not sure how it would handle stacked modes though...

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Nice someone gets to play the table.

IOS probably this Friday night just like every month.......

Zen's new table will be around 4am Wednesday into Thursday morning just like every single release.

Never a delay I can literally set my alarm clock for (4am) and low and behold surprise go pay and play the latest table.

Imagine that.......

Last edited:

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
It would be interesting to get an insight into FS to see who is not doing his/her job. I mean, we all love the product and their mission but it comes with some major drawbacks. Late iOS-releases is really not one of them but the many bugs and errors are. I also believe they could do a much better job in terms of customer service.

It is often said that a product needs 1.000 hardcore backers for the product to live on. I believe we are those 1.000 and I think we deserve more...

Still, not nearly as bothered with the late release as last time but it's more about having other stuff to do IRL and other goals on TPA at the moment.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I also have the feeling that support differs per platform, seeing that some of the employees are fare more active on this forum than others. I have seen more reactions to questions, bug threads etc in the android section for example than for iOS. PC's Reitmeyer is also very much involved but that could also be the specific PC development issues like Direct X and cab support. Then again, I could be a sourpuss and whiner who got frustrated by lack of response and quality control/bug fixes on iOS. And I must say that season 4 on iOS has been quite bug/problem free so kudos to Farsight for that. Still dealing with a completely messed up POTO, rollover score detection (in general and with HOF points) and some lingering bugs on earlier season tables. So a release that is a bit later (and don't forget is late on Apple's side, not Farsight's), is no biggie at all!

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Yeah, the tables have become a LOT more bug free than in the previous seasons and should they just fix those older ones a lot would be won. However, if they fix Scared Stiff I may catch up on you on the HOF-leaderboards, Slam23, so don't hope for too much! :)

I believe it is a general feeling of not being catered to, considering how precious of a group we actually are. Withouth a hardcore fan group TPA would just be another app. Who would they turn to for new Kickstarters?

I recently read on this forum somewhere that a lot of the bugs stems from not having the legal opportunity to alter the ROM so bugs like missing balls etc may prove to be difficult to solve. An upgrade to the "Call attendant" would be quite an improvement though. If the table can't find a ball why not just create a ball out of the blue in the outlane drain and make it work that way!

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I didn't even realize a new table dropped this week. I think last month it was 5 days late or so.

Last month amazingly it was ready on the following Friday. I wonder if they got it earlier then that and waited until Friday for some reason and B) since this is now I think the fifth table that has been delayed this season, perhaps FS could send the Apple version in for approval a little earlier then the android version?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Last month amazingly it was ready on the following Friday. I wonder if they got it earlier then that and waited until Friday for some reason and B) since this is now I think the fifth table that has been delayed this season, perhaps FS could send the Apple version in for approval a little earlier then the android version?

The iOS version is always submitted in advance of the Android submission since Android review times take up to two days whereas iOS has taken two weeks. The review times increased substantially which is why were delayed on iOS.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.