Android - Request One more touch scheme for portrait

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Alright! I've had some free time to look at the touch scheme stuff and I've made (what I think to be) a touch scheme that you guys were asking for. This is Version 1 of the new touch scheme (Touch Scheme: G)
newtouchscheme.jpg

Please let me know what needs to be changed / altered for this to be the touch scheme you all want. I can manipulate down to the pixel so don't be afraid to be exact. After I get some feedback i'll make the changes and post another screenshot. We'll do this until everyone is happy with the final result, and then i'll release it in the next patch :)

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Wow, the picture is really small, [MENTION=4113]kinggo[/MENTION] how do you make the pictures appear in the actual post instead of making a link?

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Ok let's try this:

2ahy4jb.png

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
well, I really can't tell. Your picture is bigger and camera angle is different but it seems that it isn't square.
I'll try to resize the picture and get back.....

OK, quick resizing and this is what I got
123nwue.jpg

it seems that this is the same height as E

Last edited:

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
well, I really can't tell. Your picture is bigger and camera angle is different but it seems that it isn't square.
I'll try to resize the picture and get back.....

OK, quick resizing and this is what I got
123nwue.jpg

it seems that this is the same height as E

Ok, so bottom row needs to be shorter right? The top row of your picture still doesn't have the diagonal nudges so I'm not sure how to do them. They can't be square unless you want the boxes to be very small.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
yes, bottom row should be shorter. And upper should have four equally width fields. It's just a proposition but it seems that nobody else cares or have problem with this to share some opinion.
But when you implement something to try then it will be easier to say something. I hope that it won't be hard to adjust this if needed.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
just discovered this thread. wanted to add my two cents as i'd love to have a new nudging scheme on IOS.

my biggest issue with TPA nudging on IPAD is you have to move your thumbs and hand out of position to do it even if you're using your pointer fingers. the area is too high. i get the theory behind it. to nudge a table you have to move your hand from the flipper. the difference is you're not holding up a pinball table the way you are a mobile tablet, so it's flawed and makes it nearly impossible to do with any precision.

I'm a big fan of the track pad approach using the space at the bottom of the screen, so you can use your thumbs without having to move your hands.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
trackpad approach is not so good IMO. The thing is that takes more time to do it then just tap and on faster tables that means a lot. And at this point, this is easier to implement :D

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
and what's even worse now is that the button position "bottom" is not bottom anymore but right in the middle of the touch area. I rarely even play TPA anymore :(

EDIT: sorry, button position is fixed in the latest release.
But we still need another touch scheme where nudge area is lower.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.