One step forward and two steps back with latest 1.21 patch..... Like usual...

Trendkill45

Jan 25, 2018
The Twilight Zone is broken. Plain and simple. Anyone that tries it out will immediately see what I mean. First off the window for the plunger has no plunger in it. Second the plunger is over too far to the right and you cannot see it being pulled back. Finally upon pulling the plunger the ball dances in a left to right motion continuously and gets stopped on the rail as you try to shoot it. Then once you do get it shot the ejector shoots the ball out at about three times the real speed of the actual table. It is a bug of some kind and will need to be looked into to be repaired.

This. A completely accurate assessment. Also, regarding the leader board, I say wipe em. If you really are that good, you'll have no problem bouncing right back up to the top. Also, maybe I'm a bit of a cynic, but I'd love to know how a guy manages to get a 418 BILLION scored on TZ. I'd love to see video. I just don't buy it.

Edit: Looks like you guys are working on it. Hope to see an update soon. Going through withdrawals!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Also, maybe I'm a bit of a cynic, but I'd love to know how a guy manages to get a 418 BILLION scored on TZ. I'd love to see video. I just don't buy it.

Depending on the name of the person that holds that, it's legit. Tarek is one of those guys that posts insane scores on a lot of tables, and he has said it takes him upwards of 10 hours. Those are the guys that freak when we ask for a leaderboard reset, because they don't want to put in that much time again. Especially since when you start earning large scores, the ROM starts screwing and entire scores can be lost. Essentially the real table was never meant to deal with scores like these, and so it gets wonky.

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
I was playing the twilight zone table again and the ball itself feels and looks like it's smaller than it should be and or compared to other balls on other tables... it also seems like it might be an invisible field around the ball that makes it seem bigger? It's hard to explain, but when its bouncing around and stuff, it seems like it will bounce off something just slightly or like a fraction sooner than it would look like.... I guess the best way i can say it is it looks like a clear ball with a smaller round ball inside of it and since it's so clear you can't see the edges add so it looks like an optical illusion that it will bounce off something sooner than before the part you can see hits something....

I know it's hard to explain, if i could take screens and draw on them or something, but i just have a phone at the moment, no cpu....

But it does seem slightly off or smaller... Not sure if that's what's causing the ball to being so bouncy and what not?

One table that i actually enjoyed and felt really good was the star trek next gen table and even theatre of magic, something about that table just felt right for once and was getting shots i was going for and knew...

Medieval Madness does have a dancing ball as well before you launch iy, kind of like on Twilight Zone, but not as bad, but it is noticeable....

Rescue 911 felt better as well, so if there was tuning to that, then it is better or its just cause i haven't played in awhile....

Monster Bash does seem a little to bouncy as well...

This is why it would be good to know which tables had what adjusted or if something was adjusted that is supposed to affect everything globally? That's what worries me is if something on a global level was done, but some tables didn't need that change, so while it might of fixed something on one, it messed up another...

Oh, Space Shuttle felt REALLY good... That one might be because i haven't played, but it just felt good and i wasn't losing the ball to BS bounces... Shots that ymi was going for was going in, etc... Matter of fact i got my highest ever on it and kept being able to go since i kept getting an extra ball...

Also, when you say you fixed something, so we still have to wait for an official patch or is it like a hot fix that you're able to patch and wee don't have too download a large patch? Just cause i still see the ball bouncing around in twilight zone before plunging it and you mentioned that was fixed?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Also, when you say you fixed something, so we still have to wait for an official patch or is it like a hot fix that you're able to patch and wee don't have too download a large patch? Just cause i still see the ball bouncing around in twilight zone before plunging it and you mentioned that was fixed?

He means he's fixed it on their end. It won't get to us until we download an actual update.

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
Oh ok, that's what i was figuring, but I know a lot of games now have a capability to get adjusted without a large patch and is called a hot fix or something like that...

psykil

Nov 8, 2016
A hotfix is something they can adjust server-side either because the code itself is running on their end or data is passing through the server and can be modified in-flight. That isn't the case here.

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
Depending on the name of the person that holds that, it's legit. Tarek is one of those guys that posts insane scores on a lot of tables, and he has said it takes him upwards of 10 hours. Those are the guys that freak when we ask for a leaderboard reset, because they don't want to put in that much time again.

That right there is reason enough for a score wipe. If you put 10 hours into a game, you will undoubtedly have paused for breaks many times. This is supposed to be a pinball simulator, and obviously in real life you can't pause when you play a pinball game. I think Pinball Arcade should be updated with the following function: The moment you pause a current game, your final score will still be posted to your local high score table, but you void the score from being uploaded to the leaderboards. A "paused" score is not a legit score.

And yes, there should definitely be a score wipe. Maybe the handful of psychos who spend days on a single game where they do the same repetitive shot over and over and that they pause for work and sleep or whatnot will cry about it, but so what? The majority of the playerbase will most likely agree at this point.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
That right there is reason enough for a score wipe. If you put 10 hours into a game, you will undoubtedly have paused for breaks many times. This is supposed to be a pinball simulator, and obviously in real life you can't pause when you play a pinball game. I think Pinball Arcade should be updated with the following function: The moment you pause a current game, your final score will still be posted to your local high score table, but you void the score from being uploaded to the leaderboards. A "paused" score is not a legit score.

And yes, there should definitely be a score wipe. Maybe the handful of psychos who spend days on a single game where they do the same repetitive shot over and over and that they pause for work and sleep or whatnot will cry about it, but so what? The majority of the playerbase will most likely agree at this point.

You can take a break between balls on a real pin. You can often times even take a pause between locks if you want too.
There are even real pins that actually have a pause function too.

Last edited:

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
You can take a break between balls on a real pin. You can often times even take a pause between locks if you want too.
There are even real pins that actually have a pause function too.

Right, you will leave the pin for 8 hours after you lock a ball, to go to sleep or continue going about your day - as one of the frequent top scorers has admitted to doing on this very forum? No, he'd hit pause for that. Also, you certainly wouldn't be able to do that in a real pinball arcade.

Furthermore, I doubt there are many real pins with a pause function, but ok, if any one of them exists in Pinball Arcade (again doubtful), then let the high scores for only those particular pins count towards the leaderboards when paused. Problem solved.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Right, you will leave the pin for 8 hours after you lock a ball, to go to sleep or continue going about your day - as one of the frequent top scorers has admitted to doing on this very forum? No, he'd hit pause for that. Also, you certainly wouldn't be able to do that in a real pinball arcade.

Furthermore, I doubt there are many real pins with a pause function, but ok, if any one of them exists in Pinball Arcade (again doubtful), then let the high scores for only those particular pins count towards the leaderboards when paused. Problem solved.

So you mean that if I would leave a game in pinball arcade between locks or after I drained a ball, the game should randomly auto plunge the ball to simulate some douche kid walking up to the pin and plunging the ball??? :D
If you have a pin at home or at a pin club, you can leave the game between locks or balls without worrying someone will play out your game. Pins aren't only in public arcades.

Without actual pause function in TPA I can still leave the game on overnight after I locked a ball or drained ball.
The only pin I can think of in TPA you wouldn't be able to do that would be Goin' Nuts.
So by removing pause function, the only game it would actually make a difference on is goin' nuts. :D

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
*shrugs* while im all for the play until your a twitching babbling mess singing dixie on the ground ...in this case it doesnt matter much, marathons arent easy either stright up or in parts. There are no unfair advantages to either case just what your willing and or able to put up with. I got 45 mins max these days....must be my bladder

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts