One thing I have noticed with the PC version

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
having recently upgraded to the pro versions on all seasons, I can see where seasons 1 and 2 table details aren't quite as sharp as the more recent seasons while exploring the table option. Which is a popular topic on the board.

However with my video card I am able to set all of the graphical options to maximum and while the camera is moving around the table, before or after games, the images even on the older tables (even close up) still look very sharp. I am assuming this has to do with the anti-aliasing and other tweaks that make the graphics "look" sharper?

Last edited:

MagnumXL

Apr 23, 2013
Things I've noticed is that several tables from the first season don't have "Pro" tables (e.g Circus Voltaire and Theatre of Magic) and that should be rectified. Not only did the Pro table packs cost just as much more as newer seasons (with less Pro tables), but there's no good reason NOT to have them with those tables and not reason they can't be updated to offer them (include them for people that bought the Pro table packs and offer an upgrade price for those that bought the basic table and both for people that don't have those tables. What's so hard about that? Why don't older tables get more "love" for updates? The DMDs "work" in attract mode on the newer tables, but just have a static image on the early ones. Why not update that too? I don't get it. I realize time can be at a premium, but it's been YEARS. A few updates here and there would be most welcome.

I worked with Visual Pinball over a decade before anyone ever heard of this simulator and it was no big deal to have access to operator menus (including ones for pre-DMD games where you could easily have DIP menus that either let you change the dips directly or "translated" for you (i.e. click to select 3 or 5 balls, etc. and set the appropriate dips switches internally for you). Why that would be any kind of problem for the Farsight team is beyond me. If I could do it with a few lines of Visual Basic script, they certainly wouldn't have any issues making a fancy graphical selection menu. In other words, some of us would like to alter the game options for ALL tables, not just a select few modern Williams games. I especially feel the need to turn off the mega-extra ball options that make the tables far too easy (along with low tables slopes that I cannot adjust). I'd rather have replay credits than extra balls and not so many given out so easily. The difficulty level is just too easy with the defaults. Sadly, I can't change them at all for some tables due to the lack of operator menus.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I realize time can be at a premium, but it's been YEARS.
It seems that way, but no, it hasn't. The PC/Steam release was November 2013, so it hasn't been even two years yet :).

Why that would be any kind of problem for the Farsight team is beyond me.
The problem is probably that they wouldn't be able to get enough people to pay for it.

I am 99% happy with what Farsight is doing right now, and hope they just keep churning out new tables, one a month, exactly as they are doing now. And keep the leaderboards and tournaments supported, of course.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts