Only thing missing .....flippers

sixmillion

Aug 9, 2012
I have PA on the ps3, Williams Collection for the wii and now PA on my new Ipad4. But what I am missing the most is the physical press of a flipper button. I am loving the details on the ipad version...so much definition on these tables, it is a shame really this is not supported on the Icade. If they could get this to work on the icade with side cabinet buttons then the authentic level will go up ten fold. I remember having the table top colleco machine Galaxian in the late 70's early 80's, that was a replica of an arcade cabinet. Thinking back now I have to say that was one of the best Xmas gifts I ever got. I am loving pinball arcade and would love to see a similar playing experience for this.

Willi Cicci

Dec 25, 2012
I have an X-Arcade Dual Joystick and it has flipper buttons on the sides. It's compatible with all consoles (via adapters sold separately) as well as the PC. And going this route also affords the added benefit of playing on your TV rather than a relatively small tablet screen.

All I need now is my Xbox 360 content. :rolleyes:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
If they would include customized button configuration on the consoles, they could support X-Arcade and numerous other dedicated pinball controllers. Doing that for pads and phones would be more difficult, however.

I also remember getting a Galaxian table top game, but unfortunately mine broke after two days, and I received a crappy version of Dig Dug for my Atari 800 as a replacement gift. My parents probably didn't buy me another one because the sound it made likely drove them nuts. I agree, though - having a nice representation of the cabinet added a lot to it.

sixmillion

Aug 9, 2012
I have an X-Arcade Dual Joystick and it has flipper buttons on the sides. It's compatible with all consoles (via adapters sold separately) as well as the PC. And going this route also affords the added benefit of playing on your TV rather than a relatively small tablet screen.

That's cool Willi but I do like the benefit of the gorgeous sharp details and the portrait view on the Ipad4.

Willi Cicci

Dec 25, 2012
That's cool Willi but I do like the benefit of the gorgeous sharp details and the portrait view on the Ipad4.

No problem... I've never seen TPA on an iPad 4, but it looks pretty good on the Nexus 10 as well. But honestly, when I look at it on my HDTV through the Xbox it's very impressive, and I find it hard to say that it looks any better on my tablet.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

I have an Xarcade as well, and it's great. Unfortunately, you can't change the buttons on consoles, so the side pinball buttons can't be used for pinball games on 360/PS3. Not a problem on PC though.

sixmillion

Aug 9, 2012
I have an Xarcade as well, and it's great. Unfortunately, you can't change the buttons on consoles, so the side pinball buttons can't be used for pinball games on 360/PS3. Not a problem on PC though.

Thats too bad it don't work on the PS3....I was considering buying one of those. But in all honestly I still feel the best setup would be for an Icade support for my Ipad, so many benifits : you can take it in any room in your home, portrait mode, sharp details to read everything on the table, all tables have a demo, tables released first - no waiting months on end. I know there are some cons also like smaller screen than a tv, and the lighting on the ps3 is better but with the above mentioned benefits I feel this out weighs the others, for me personally that is.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts