Opening Music

arcaner

Sep 2, 2012
Just recognized the music on the main menu of the latest android version. :) So that's where all the money went.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Just recognized the music on the main menu of the latest android version. :) So that's where all the money went.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if you think they licensed music for this. I wouldn't think they would spend money on licensed music for the main menu.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Sounds like generic as hell "stock" music they sell to use in local car dealership adds. Or for the opening to Sports Collectibles on Shop at Home starring Don West.

With that said it's grown on me. And I can get down to it. Gotta love that cow bell.

*cowbell* "tick" "tick" "tick" Derrrerrrown, duh duh derrreerrown, duh duh derrrrrwwwnnnn dereerrrreeerrrrrownnnnnnnn.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
The music and those icons gotta go!

whilst they could be improved, the UI is functional. I'm more interested in playing the tables than looking at the UI. I'm happy for FR to focus their attention on bug fixing and new tables to be honest. Oh and controller support + portrait support ;)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
With that said it's grown on me. And I can get down to it. Gotta love that cow bell.

*cowbell* "tick" "tick" "tick" Derrrerrrown, duh duh derrreerrown, duh duh derrrrrwwwnnnn dereerrrreeerrrrrownnnnnnnn.

headbang.gif

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I think you can choose wich song you want to listen to in the opening settings PHOFWC there is a song list I'll have to pull that up :p but after hearing it used for a third time myself I laughed! doesnt anybody write music about pinball anymore?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

I know what you are talking about. ;-) My eyebrows definitely raised when I heard those few recognisable bars of The Who's "Pinball Wizard" guitar, but it is safe to say that there would not be enough to cause issues.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The artist and song that sounds like pinball wizard is
CHRIS KLINE-PINBALL DREAMS
the song with the cow bell is
CHRIS KLINE-ARCADE JAM
also on PHOFWC by CHRIS KLINE
IN THE GROOVE-sounds disco
ORACLE-sounds dreamy
PREMINITION-sounds dark
ERIC BARNETT-FULL THROTTLE sounds like joe satriani
BRETT RAKESTRAW-LET GO sounds like depeche mode
JEREMEY FANNON-FLIPPER FRENZY sounds like van hallen
DON MADISON-MAELSTROM sounds like metapocalypse
NELSON EVERHART-DEPECHE sounds like trance
DAMIEN HARRISON-BLAST OFF sounds like early metallica
JIM WATSON-THE WEEZERD sounds like joe satriani/steve vai

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
The menu music is cool. It's not Pete Townsend's guitar-intro to Pinball Wizard, but it's jogging that part of your memory nonetheless. When I hear that sound while firing up the app, I know I'm in for some flipping fun.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Ah yes, my least favorite song from the Williams Collection. Still good to have some music to open it up, though, but I'd love to see a Williams Collection-style intro for TPA, with that shredtastic intro song!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.