Other hobbies?

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Hi there. I'm into Retrogaming (MAME, Amiga, C64, etc). Also Mountain Biking (Looking forward to the 2012 UCI MTB DH World Cup starting this weekend in S.Africa (Live streaming from RedBull: http://live.redbull.tv/ ).
Also like podcasts on PB, Gaming and weird and esoteric LOL (There're loads of great PB/Retrogaming podcasts out there :)). Andy/HOW

HeYjOe

Feb 20, 2012
got my next car picked out though for when she does go back to work! (I like 60's 70's Vauxhall's the most - got my eye on a Firenza)
I bought one of them in the 70's. I'm not a car techy but remember it was red, twin carbs about a 2litre. Jeez I loved that car

N

Nik Barbour

I bought one of them in the 70's. I'm not a car techy but remember it was red, twin carbs about a 2litre. Jeez I loved that car

Oh Man! That is definately the best colour for that car. I prefer the flat fronted cars to the glass fibre nosed HP's.
Found a picture on the net just now.........
images

Was planning on finding a project car (would feel guilty about butchering a nice one), and putting a more modern 2L 16V Vauxhall redtop engine in it, jack the back a little, some nice big and wide dark coloured alloys. Either that or would like a PC Cresta.

HeYjOe

Feb 20, 2012
Was planning on finding a project car (would feel guilty about butchering a nice one), and putting a more modern 2L 16V Vauxhall redtop engine in it, jack the back a little, some nice big and wide dark coloured alloys. Either that or would like a PC Cresta.
See where ya coming from, it would be a shame to start altering a stock which was in decent nick due to it being a classic.

Just love any old cars, if I ever win the lottery a 57 Chevy 150 would be my dream

N

Nik Barbour

See where ya coming from, it would be a shame to start altering a stock which was in decent nick due to it being a classic.

Just love any old cars, if I ever win the lottery a 57 Chevy 150 would be my dream

Nice choice - never seen one in the flesh!
You ever been to the American car show @ Tatton Park, I think its normally mid summer time. Only been once but they had some awesome cars!

HeYjOe

Feb 20, 2012
Nice choice - never seen one in the flesh!
You ever been to the American car show @ Tatton Park, I think its normally mid summer time. Only been once but they had some awesome cars!

I've never seen one in the flesh either, the joke is I'm collecting one in parts as I've got the hood & tail emblem along with a full instrument housing :) I can but dream. Mind I'd be well tempted by our own Vauxhall F series as well.

Never been to a show

N

Nik Barbour

Good luck with the collecting!
That instrument panel would make an awesome wall hanging, maybe over a couple of pinball tables.
Not that I'm allowed - my missus has banned me from bringing any car parts in the house!

PinMike8666

Feb 20, 2012
My hobbies are mainly video games (especially retro gaming), internet (my biggest addiction), and television (for sports and cartoons).

I grew up with the NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis; however what sold me on retro gaming was my grandmother buying me an Atari 7800 along with a few games (mostly Atari 2600 games with a couple 7800 games). Kaboom, Xevious, and Ms. Pac-Man were my favorites.

As a kid, I always wanted a computer to play games on. In retrospect, it was good that I waited 'till 1999 since the internet was surging in popularity as well as game emulation. As stated earlier, the internet is a huge addiction. I love looking at news headlines and updates for video games, politics, sports, and TV shows, while looking at others reactions.

I don't watch much TV anymore, but I do tend to watch Adult Swim and Comedy Central on late-night. Sports, especially the NFL, I like to watch as well.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
That was an awesome video Jeff, YOU NAILED IT PERFECTLY, and it is one of my favorite songs ... Sweet Melisa ... remember singing it on the beach when I was young as my brother played his guitar.

I love to go fishing, that's my other hobby besides being a video gamer.

I really enjoy making levels for the game Ricochet Infinity, its a modern brick breaking game and if you get the PC version, you can create and share your level sets with the world. You download other peoples creations too, and there are over 50,000 of them to choose from! Downloading user made level sets is always free once you own the game. The game is not only fun but real cheap too, only around 7 bucks on shockwave.com. If anyone has that game on PC, check out my level sets. Go to ... play game...other galactic adventures...connect to internet...and put in the upper right hand corner search box RETRO BLAST. You will find 7 level sets by me and some collaborations. My early work was hard core, unforgiving, and without any programming in it. But if you try out RETRO BLAST 6 or 7, they have nice programming in them, are dynamic, and not so hard core... I also made a collaboration christmas set, a solo christmas set, and a set for fast gaming PCs, and a collaboration called BRICKLICIOUS, and one other collaboration for a former creator how has since passed, IN MEMORY OF TICKLEMEPLZ

by the way, my avatar here, I created with bricks and is part of one of the levels in the set called BRICKLICOUS.

Here is a link to find my level sets too...
http://www.ricochetinfinity.com/levels/index.php?search=RETRO+BLAST&go=Search

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I've mostly been exploring the land west of the mississippi. I lived in Detroit and Orlando so I did everything east of the Mississippi in the U.S., Bahamas and Canada. Also been to most of Germany and Denmark. My next few places on tap will be Colorado, Washington and Oregon.

You must have been here to Windsor a time or two, at least passed through to venture to more exciting cities like London or Toronto.

I was also in a band up in Sudbury, have a few recordings but only one that i let anyone hear (others are rough). I play(ed) guitar, bass, drums and pretty well any non brass instrument.

I've recently started taking a liking to auto mechanics, and like to work on cars with a couple friends of mine.
Databases, for now is a hobby because i was never very good with them but now i fix them for Insurance Brokerages and Insurance Carriers, and have taken an interest in how they are structured and how tables relate to one another.

I like emulation: I've run emulation for most systems that exist out there, I love old gaming, in fact i'm really into the Nintendo Gamecube (and looking for component cables for it by the way).

I'm one of those people that are generally interested in pretty well anything under the sun...makes it really hard to get really good at any one thing, or stay focused on any one thing. It's a blessing and a curse really.

Records, I love my records.

I need to eat i'm getting a dirty look and my GF just tried powering my laptop on me (",)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
That was an awesome video Jeff, YOU NAILED IT PERFECTLY, and it is one of my favorite songs ... Sweet Melisa ... remember singing it on the beach when I was young as my brother played his guitar.

I love to go fishing, that's my other hobby besides being a video gamer.

I really enjoy making levels for the game Ricochet Infinity, its a modern brick breaking game and if you get the PC version, you can create and share your level sets with the world. You download other peoples creations too, and there are over 50,000 of them to choose from! Downloading user made level sets is always free once you own the game. The game is not only fun but real cheap too, only around 7 bucks on shockwave.com. If anyone has that game on PC, check out my level sets. Go to ... play game...other galactic adventures...connect to internet...and put in the upper right hand corner search box RETRO BLAST. You will find 7 level sets by me and some collaborations. My early work was hard core, unforgiving, and without any programming in it. But if you try out RETRO BLAST 6 or 7, they have nice programming in them, are dynamic, and not so hard core... I also made a collaboration christmas set, a solo christmas set, and a set for fast gaming PCs, and a collaboration called BRICKLICIOUS, and one other collaboration for a former creator how has since passed, IN MEMORY OF TICKLEMEPLZ

by the way, my avatar here, I created with bricks and is part of one of the levels in the set called BRICKLICOUS.

Here is a link to find my level sets too...
http://www.ricochetinfinity.com/levels/index.php?search=RETRO+BLAST&go=Search

Thanks man, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I'lol have to check out Ricochet Infinity. I dig brick breaking games too, and it'd be fun to see some of your levels in action.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.