Outside of tournaments, are leader boards that important to you?

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
I know that some people are extremely competitive and want to be the best in everything; I'm not one of those people. One time I had the best MB i ever had, and for giggles, checked the online leader boards. I was like 54th, just for that day! I've heard horror stories about people hacking the boards and posting bogus high scores, but in general, I get no satisfaction in posting scores against (for all intents and purposes) virtual opponents. It just isn't fun to trash talk to a screen.

The competition I have, is against myself, always trying to best my best. Then I look in the mirror, and the trash talking begins.

iguanarama

Dec 20, 2012
I got caught up in them for a while for a couple of tables, and noticed myself not valuing my games unless I could get into the top 10. I've taken a short break from playing, and it's helped a lot. I hope to go back and enjoy the tables as-is!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Funny how this thread when i looked at it had no views and one reply.

Anyway, I check the boards occaisonally but can't really be bothered. Pinball is an escape from stress for me and being too competitive seems to give stress longer arms with which to catch me.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
the leaderboards are what keep me coming back for more. Always trying to better my previous score and beat my friends + global scores. Without the challenge of the leaderboards I wouldn't come back as much as I do.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Not sure how it works on other devices, but on X360 you can filter your leaderboards to list only people on your friends list, which makes for vastle more feasible challenges than ever making it to the global top 10, thus giving me a bigger incentive to keep playing for a higher score. I rarely look at the global leaderboards, but I do compare. I think I have a score around #40 on CV, and I know I can easily improve it, so that gives me a sense of accomplishment that I think is a big part of playing pinball.

It's less fun to play just to beat your own scores.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I look every so often. I like to try and keep my best in the top 1,000 for each table.
But I keep tabs on my best via my signature because I've lost my scores a few times.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I've added some of you all from the Facebook thread. When I'm not working on goals or a tournament, the friends leader board keeps me going. It has really given massive replay value for me.

Fungi, I'm coming for your high scores!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.