PA Oddities Caught on Stream

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
Played about an hour and a half tonight across 3 tables or so, and highlighted some weirdness as it happened...

Yes, I am new to pinball and haven't learned these tables and I lack skill, but have fun anyway:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
That Black Hole glitch is well known. And no you can't get much of a high score out of it unless you really want to wait forever. At 100 points per second, that's almost 3 hours per million points, or 600 hours (four weeks) to reach the top leaderboard scores near 200 million.

The stuck ball on Monster Bash is new, but yeah, just nudge it out. Ball searching is a normal part of all real machines in the solid state era.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
At 0'42, your face is hilarious. :cool: The ball stucks itself in a such unrealistic way (like there is a magnet).

Whatever, I never encountered those bugs on PS3. Only one time the infinite center kickout on Black Knight.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
I can't remember which table but I lost the 2nd ball in multi-ball but it didn't register so it stayed in multi-ball with only one ball and kept scoring jackpots everytime I hit a ramp.

And I always get the ball stuck behind the upper flipper in TZ, but I wouldnt call that a bug so much as realistic physics.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
Oops, someone told me it's Monster Bash not Monsters of Rock. Oh well.

Still can't believe this happened.

Regarding TZ, I find it to be the hardest table of season 1 at least to a newbie. I haven't been able to afford the other seasons just yet.

As a kid, I never understood anything beyond keeping the ball alive as long as possible - but now reaching nearly 40 yrs old I have rediscovered tables through PA.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
The most absurd-looking (compared to real life) issue I've seen is when a ball literally flies out of the machine and sails off into some infinite distance. I think No Good Gofers is the easiest table to trigger that (though I think I've seen it in a couple other tables too).

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
What platform are you playing on? I noticed the right roll-over on Black Hole never triggered when your ball went over it, and I thought that was patched on every platform a loooooong time ago.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Oops, someone told me it's Monster Bash not Monsters of Rock. Oh well.

Still can't believe this happened.

Regarding TZ, I find it to be the hardest table of season 1 at least to a newbie. I haven't been able to afford the other seasons just yet.

As a kid, I never understood anything beyond keeping the ball alive as long as possible - but now reaching nearly 40 yrs old I have rediscovered tables through PA.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you stick around. Love your facial expressions in the vid. :)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Played about an hour and a half tonight across 3 tables or so, and highlighted some weirdness as it happened...

Yes, I am new to pinball and haven't learned these tables and I lack skill, but have fun anyway:

Hey, I remember you! From my Black Knight 2000 video that Ed Boon linked you to. Welcome!

For further reference, check out the PAPA tutorials. You'll learn so much from them.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
The most absurd-looking (compared to real life) issue I've seen is when a ball literally flies out of the machine and sails off into some infinite distance. I think No Good Gofers is the easiest table to trigger that (though I think I've seen it in a couple other tables too).

Have not seen that happen yet, but I haven't played that table too much either. Seems fun though, I like the humor.

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013

Makes me laugh every time that happens. Those are some strong flippers! Like a bullet right through the table.

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
I've had that happen in the past on Black Hole, usually through the left ball lock - sometimes it would catch and go down to the lower level and sometimes it would just sail off into the never. Not sure I've seen it like that on any other tables although sometimes it gets stuck somewhere under the playing surface somehow.

I used to be able to pretty reliably make the ball drop out of the table onto the floor on Creature by plunging too early/repeatedly while it was still trying to feed me the ball - it would go back in towards the coin doors and either drop from the bottom or out the front. Haven't done either in a while though, they may have been fixed.

This was on PS3, too.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I swear I saw a ball in the lower level of Black Hole morph thru the glass and end up on the top playfield once. This was way back when TPA was only 4 tables.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Makes me laugh every time that happens. Those are some strong flippers! Like a bullet right through the table.

It used to happen all the time on Champion Pub, I'd imagine it's fixed now. It also happened only once or twice to me on WhoDunnit.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
I just now got season two on Steam, and weirdness like this hasn't happened on those tables yet, but I will share if it does.

Really enjoying Centaur at the moment - good for training myself to be better at control like catching and aiming the ball.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts