Pac-Man Championship Edition 2

invitro

May 4, 2012
Moar fun with Pac-Man.

Rr7RDlF.png
il_214x170.1012846466_axwh.jpg
ra,womens_tshirt,x1000,e0e1dd:064437a66d,front-c,235,200,225,294-bg,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Are the ghosts still Inky Pinky Blinky & Clyde?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Moar fun with Pac-Man.

Are the ghosts still Inky Pinky & Clyde?

Buckner and Garcia! Had that record as a kid in the early 80's and used to listen to it over and over. There were some other killer songs on there as well.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Love me some Mr Do!, though that has almost exclusively been on Mame.

"Back in the day" my money went into Defender, Star Wars (was lucky to have summer-long access to a full-size, sit-down, cabinet version; not only was that exceptionally cool, it was also great because you didn't have hangers-on peering over your shoulder), but one I really remember is a somewhat obscure game called Super Locomotive that I utterly pwned.

Oh, and Asteroids! How could I forget Asteroids?

invitro

May 4, 2012
I played a helluva lot of arcade video games in the 1980's, before I played (more than) a helluva lot of pinball. Even when I first played pinball regularly in 1987-8, I probably played video games as often as pinball. And in the early 1990's, I still played about 10% as much video as pinball. But I sucked at pretty much all of them. I did get great at a couple, like Galaga and Tempest, but not until my 20's. Oh, I definitely remember when I first saw and played Star Wars, in the summer of 1983 when I was at a camp at Duke University. It was the full-size sit-down one, I went crazy for it, and the other kids teased me mercilessly about it on the ride back to campus. FWIW, the summer of 1983 was really awesome for kids. And summer 1984 was even better. I often feel sad about being old, but I'm glad I was a kid when I was.

P.S. I couldn't last 20 seconds on Asteroids. I couldn't even fly forward at all without crashing, let alone use the hyperspace button.

P.P.S. I feel more warmly toward Mr. Do, Mr. Do's Castle, and Ladybug than any other arcade video games. I'm not sure why, except maybe one of the a grocery stores my mom went to, didn't have comic books or baseball cards, but did have the Universal games and so I played them a lot. Or maybe they were just extra-charming. They're like the nice girl-next-door who I always had a little crush on, but never got obsessed with. (Obsession is for Tempest. I just started watching a video of a long Tempest game, and had to quit, it was making me so anxious.)

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm just messin'. When I was 5, my brother and I would listen to our 45 record of the Batman TV show theme song over and over and over.

Nice! I had a Casper the friendly ghost 45. Used to play Kiss 45's on a Bugs Bunny portable record player.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.