Pacific Pinball Museum in Alameda, California

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
I will be going here (PPM) on the 12th April. Thanks to the tips in this thread, I know exactly where to go first.

Pacific Pinball Museum is indeed a great place if you enjoy pinball from its early days to modern times. You'll enjoy it however you choose to get there.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Pacific Pinball Museum is indeed a great place if you enjoy pinball from its early days to modern times. You'll enjoy it however you choose to get there.

Oh. My. Goodness!

What an amazing place PPM is.

The hum of the EMs. The arcing of the switches.

The Perspex Pinball!

u6ejadas.jpg

y3y4anyd.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yes side by side would be perfect.
Are you allowed to play the clear pin or is it for show only?

Please give us a complete rundown of the trip on the next podcast.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Yes side by side would be perfect.
Are you allowed to play the clear pin or is it for show only?

Please give us a complete rundown of the trip on the next podcast.

Yep, it is fully playable. It is really awesome. They have silkscreened all the line art onto the playfield perspex, so you can see everything through the playfield.

Would have cost them a fortune to produce it, but it looks so awesome. Particularly all the relays and stuff below the playfield. There is so much to an EM, you really have no idea until you look in the cabinet.

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
The weekend I was there, they had two of the visible pins set up side-by-side: one was EM, and one solid-state. Both the same machine, though, so you got a real perspective (ha ha) on how much the technology changed. The solid state cabinet was practically empty.

It's a grand place, and they've since secured the old Carnegie Library, and they're trying to line up funding for it. Looks like a grand place, and I hope they reach their mark:

http://pacificpinball.org/articles/pinball-museum-needs-your-help

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts