Pack 18 quick test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
HH Instructions cameras are still incorrect.
umu2ene7.jpg

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
It appears to be only in the lower area, does this happen on blackhole too?

No - not on any of the 101 BH instruction slides.

Cameras on HH seem to be incorrect generally though.
Got 18c installed, apk is normal size and all menu functions restored.
These camera shots are from an SGS4.
byvu3uvu.jpg

ynureqap.jpg

eseqeryg.jpg

uregyre7.jpg

Cameras 2 & 3 are too zoomed out with space wasted at top and bottom. Camera 4 completely obscures the extreme edges of the playfield (all in portrait).
Nexus 7(mk1) is similar.

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
When I enter the cellar, the ball becomes invisible until it drains

Sounds like you're a build or two behind. Try installing the latest from this post from Ryan:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/5851-Pack-18-quick-test?p=104531&viewfull=1#post104531

Lots of HH annoyances are fixed between the "a" and "c" builds, including the cellar playfield, achievements and, some minor art issues. Haven't delved into TO yet beyond hitting a few of the achievements. It was worth the wait.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Everything was still running goofy for me then the old table manager fixed everything up nicely (gameplay still haven't went through rule sheets). BTW love the DMD covering the back glass one on Tee'd Off that is the way I always run my tables in VP.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Ryan,

Would it be possible to put a touch nudge zone between the flippers for upward nudging when shake nudging is available?

I think that would actually be a better option overall than shake up as it is.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
*Bug*

Haunted House Extra Ball on main playfield does not award an extra ball.

*Details*

I lit the Extra Ball light in the right-hand saucer, and made the shot. The game music changed for about 5 seconds to indicate I attained the award. But when I lost the ball I went to game over, instead of being able to use the Extra Ball I earned.

*Device*

Nexus 7 FHD 32gb Android 4.3 official

*Reproducable*

I have only got this far once to date, so I'm not sure if it is fully reproducable or not.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Tested it out for a bit, and here's what I gotta say:

-New cameras are in! Yeah!
-Ball doesn't suddenly turn invisible on HH's cellar.
-It definitely seems that the plunge strength has been changed, as on the first beta just simply plunging at full strength would be enough to land on the hole-in-one on Tee'd Off. Now doing that just barely passes it. Nice change.
-Instructions and whatnot are now translated (at least in Spanish, although I'm sure the other languages are translated as well)

Indy99

May 24, 2013
when the ball goes into the attic in haunted house, the right side is cut off a bit too much when the camera zooms in.this is on the 2013 Nexus 7 in portrait mode

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
HH lags for a second here on flipper presses, real noticeable when both are hit. Flipper sounds are not firing truly exactly simultaneously so I suspect you could knock it back to 1 sound or a sampled sound of multiple flippers. Also in portrait camera 1 upper right target is clipped off.
Teed off seemed ok performance wise....Will retest after a hard boot.

Will continue gameplay testing...physics also seem a bit floaty but it's a random impression.
Thanks Ryan and stoked to hear there might be a moga in your future ;)

Edit; hard boot fixed nothing and now it crashes after clicking quit game on any table
Re-Edit: Doh had build B not C
MipMapping... WOW what a difference. the performance hit was obvious on most tables but so was the improvement in graphics quality. Most tables (Except Haunted House and Black Hole) seemed to still fall into the "decently playable" category. I am hoping some day we could set the option on a table by table basis as the trade-offs warrant and also maybe some similar options. It also seems to crash less after a game but still does about half the time.

Last edited:
N

netizen

The scrolling/locked button in the options menu is still not functional, it seems to be mapped to camera angle when pressed.

The only way to (un)lock the camera view is by long pressing the camera view in the upper left corner during gameplay.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Table: CV

Bug Description: Playing in tournament I got the plunger stuck in launch view bug while starting neon multiball.

Edit: got the worst version of the bug too, then the right flipper goes dead.

Steps To Reproduce: Start neon multiball

Frequency: No idea, hardly play CV anymore.

I had this happen to me on TO's multiball as well.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
*Bug*

During attract mode, Tee'd Off says quotes from the game. When the Gopher said "Hey, Iiits Par-Tee Time" I was awarded Standard Goal 4 in attract mode.

*Device*

Nexus 7 FHD Android 4.3 stock rooted

*Reproducable*

Only if I reset game achievements and see if it triggers again. It happened within the first 30 - 45 seconds of the game being selected from the main menu.

*Build*

18c

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
*Bug*

Flipper rotation axis on Tee'd Off are incorrect

*Version*

18c

*Description*

Flippers are rotating from the lower back part of the flipper instead of where the screw is in the flipper.

*Device*

Nexus 7 FHD Android 4.3 stock rooted

*Additional Info*

The Screw covers the top part of the flipper shaft, and should be used as the reference point for flipper motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts