PAF Top Ten Most Wanted Table Poll Series : #2 - Williams (Closed)

What Are Your Top Ten Most Wanted Williams Tables

• Alien Poker (1980)

Votes: 46 11.6%
  • Bad Cats (1989)

Votes: 93 23.5%
  • Banzai Run (1988)

Votes: 135 34.1%
  • Barracora (1981)

Votes: 27 6.8%
  • Black Knight 2000 (1989)

Votes: 176 44.4%
  • Blackout (1980)

Votes: 29 7.3%
  • Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1993)

Votes: 190 48.0%
  • Comet (1985)

Votes: 58 14.6%
  • Cyclone (1988)

Votes: 150 37.9%
  • Diner (1990)

Votes: 167 42.2%
  • Earthshaker (1989)

Votes: 175 44.2%
  • F-14 Tomcat (1987)

Votes: 158 39.9%
  • Fire! (1987)

Votes: 60 15.2%
  • Fish Tales (1992)

Votes: 239 60.4%
  • Flash (1979)

Votes: 54 13.6%
  • Getaway : High Speed II, The (1992)

Votes: 234 59.1%
  • Grand Lizard (1986)

Votes: 47 11.9%
  • High Speed (1988)

Votes: 124 31.3%
  • Hurricane (1991)

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • Jack•Bot (1995)

Votes: 150 37.9%
  • Jokerz! (1988)

Votes: 54 13.6%
  • Jungle Lord (1981)

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • Junk Yard (1996)

Votes: 164 41.4%
  • No Fear : Dangerous Sports (1995)

Votes: 96 24.2%
  • Red & Ted’s Road Show (1994)

Votes: 209 52.8%
  • Road Kings (1986)

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Space Station (1987)

Votes: 57 14.4%
  • Stellar Wars (1979)

Votes: 17 4.3%
  • Swords of Fury (1988)

Votes: 111 28.0%
  • Time Warp (1979)

Votes: 36 9.1%

• Total voters

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
This was hard, and sadly had to pick a few that I am curious to play if chosen for future packs. Sure enough, there was a few that stood out for me:

Blackout
No Fear
and Jack*Bot

N

netizen

Alien Poker - 'Nuff Said
Bad Cats - System 11 + Kittehs!!
Baracorra - Drop targets, and spinners oh my
Bram Stokers Dracula - I am a masochist I guess :(
Diner - it's like taxi and Burgertime had a baby
Fish Tales - Do I really have to rationalize this one?
Hurricane - Of all the "Theme Park" themes, if I have to pick 1 ...
Junk Yard - it's just fun
Red & Ted’s Road Show - so many of my favourite/hated elements in one game, what's not to like/dread
Space Station - It's pinball. In space!!

And if I could choose one more - I am a sucker for the obscure and weird:
Timewarp - Those banana flippers are the bomb

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
It's funny how many were already saying that FarSight was running short of tables to choose from that could carry a table pack...and there's still four polls following this one consisting of 120 more tables, many of which could easily carry a table pack.

"With new tables added every month...for years to come!"

Yeah some people are silly. We have a ways to go before I would consider pinball arcade to be even close to comprehensive.

Thanks for this awesome, well made poll and taking the time to include video.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Wow. This is gonna be tough. They're some obvious picks but when I get to #9 and 10 I'm really having a rough time. Gonna have to give some more thought.

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
I whittled it down to 11 pretty easily and it became a toss up between Alien Poker and Grand Lizard. I went with Grand Lizard because I liked the jungle music more.

Never played any of these games before and want to see how the weird flippers in Time warp effect the game.

Last edited:

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
There will be a few licensed themed tables in each of the Williams, Bally, Gottlieb and Stern polls that FarSight should be able to acquire without the need of a Kickstarter and Bram Stoker's Dracula is one of them.

Isn't Dracula public domain anyway?

I'd imagine it'd be cheaper to get than Ripley's Believe It or Not.

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
I honestly think no fear should just automatically make the top 10. The only way it could be more 90's is if it had pogs and listened to grunge.

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
I'm old enough to have appreciated the EM poll, but this Williams poll will be tough to narrow down. Some initial thoughts...

...snip... Bad Cats only sold 2,500, but the ruleset is quite impressive. This table places a premium on setting up high scoring shots. Consecutive shots to the left ramp are particularly fun, with the possibility of a 20 million point shot. Choking on the last loop is quite painful.

The cat (and dog) sounds are whimsical, and the spinning "curiosity" wheel adds a nice touch.

Bad Cats also has a progressive jackpot feature (it builds across multiple games, based upon a percentage of each player's score.) The jackpot is lit by completing a bank of drop targets seven times to spell out (you guessed it) B-A-D-C-A-T-S. Even after that impressive accomplishment, you still have to shoot the center ramp to score the jackpot.

Flash is quite the historic game. It was the first big seller for Williams (approaching 20,000 in the late seventies/early eighties.) It was the first to use flash (of course) lamps under the table, just for ambiance. It also was the first table to use dynamic background sound... snip.

I could talk about technological advances in High Speed, but I'll just give you a Steve Richie quote: "It was based on a true story. I was actually chased by the cops at 146 mph in my 1979 Porsche 928."

Contrast this with me. I've never played any of these games (I think, if I did I don't remember), and for the most part I judged them on the playfield photos. The only time I looked at the gameplay videos was to choose between Grand Lizard and Alien Poker. I hope you guys don't hate me for that.

Well for what it's worth here's my votes

Banzai Run
Blackout
Diner
Earthshaker
Fire!
Fish Tales
Grand Lizard
No Fear : Dangerous Sports
Swords of Fury
Time Warp

karl

May 10, 2012
Isn't Dracula public domain anyway?

I'd imagine it'd be cheaper to get than Ripley's Believe It or Not.

Well, there is actor voices and pictures, Colombia pictures, Bram Stoker, etc, etc. Everything depends on the willingness of the license holders to cooperate. It has very little to do with how hot the license is at the moment. This is of course pure speculation
on my part. For all I know Farsight could already have a deal and btw, Pin wiz knows far more about this than me so if he says it is a soft license I am more than happy to be wrong. I was just a bit surprised

Edit: From the Promo: Dracula is one powerful license ;-)

Last edited:

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
So I'm sitting here going through the Gameplay vids. I watch a couple minutes here, couple there. I get to Black Knight 2000. I've played the game, but I click it anyway. I end up watching the whole 11.47 minutes. That incredible music combined with the mesmerizing light show is just something to behold. I'm already disappointed with the iPad version in my head. The PS4 version tho'...

Wow, what a fun pinball video to watch and listen. It is one table I really would like added to TPA. I really need to get to the PHOF in Las Vegas. They have a BK2000 there, plus there are about 50 other tables I want to play there.

Maybe I'll get lucky and one of the machines will come to PDX.

1 down and 9 more to figure out.

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
How I voted.

Played these ones and would like to see them in TPA.

Cyclone (1988)
Diner (1990)
Fish Tales (1992) - This better finish first.
Getaway : High Speed II, The

These look interesting...

Jack•Bot (1995)
Red & Ted’s Road Show (1994)

LurkerCreep

Apr 26, 2012
AWESOME freak'n poll!! And one hell of a beast as well... I'm really anticipating/fearing the Bally poll!!

I've a few tables I'm a bit disappointed weren't included though:

- Solar Fire
- Cosmic Gunfight
- Big Guns
- Scorpion

Am I the only one who likes these tables?

And one more I'm fairly sure I'm alone in liking:

- Pharaoh

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I'm still considering how to round out the ten votes but I'll definitely be including BSD, Fish Tales, and Getaway. Those three feel kind of mandatory, I mean how could you not vote for those three just based on popularity and reputation alone?

If anyone is not familiar with: "http://pinball.org/videos/" I highly recommend you take a look at the videos they have there for a more in depth view

Great site - I love the Bowen Kerins tutorials. You really start to feel like you know him after watching a few. The tournament videos are pretty cool though too.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts