PAF Top Ten Most Wanted Table Poll Series : #4 - Premium Licensed (Closed)

What Are The Top Ten Premium Licensed Tables That You Would Like To See Kickstarted

• Apollo 13 (Sega, 1995)

Votes: 126 25.0%
  • Back to the Future (Data East, 1990)

Votes: 177 35.0%
  • Batman Forever (Sega, 1995)

Votes: 74 14.7%
  • Congo (Williams, 1995)

Votes: 96 19.0%
  • Demolition Man (Williams, 1994)

Votes: 143 28.3%
  • Dirty Harry (Williams, 1995)

Votes: 100 19.8%
  • Doctor Who (Bally, 1992)

Votes: 212 42.0%
  • Elvis (Stern, 2004)

Votes: 101 20.0%
  • Flintstones, The (Williams, 1994)

Votes: 97 19.2%
  • Freddy : A Nightmare on Elm Street (Gottlieb, 1994)

Votes: 120 23.8%
  • Goldeneye (Sega, 1996)

Votes: 76 15.0%
  • Guns ‘N Roses (Data East, 1994)

Votes: 167 33.1%
  • Hook (Data East, 1992)

Votes: 46 9.1%
  • Independence Day (Sega, 1996)

Votes: 31 6.1%
  • Indiana Jones : The Pinball Adventure (Williams, 1993)

Votes: 390 77.2%
  • Johnny Mnemonic (Williams, 1995)

Votes: 103 20.4%
  • Jurassic Park (Data East, 1993)

Votes: 206 40.8%
  • Last Action Hero (Data East, 1993)

Votes: 46 9.1%
  • Lord of the Rings, The (Stern, 2003)

Votes: 317 62.8%
  • Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (Sega, 1995)

Votes: 60 11.9%
  • NBA Fastbreak (Bally, 1997)

Votes: 89 17.6%
  • Phantom of the Opera (Data East, 1990)

Votes: 55 10.9%
  • Shadow, The (Bally, 1994)

Votes: 192 38.0%
  • Simpsons Pinball Party, The (Stern, 2003)

Votes: 343 67.9%
  • Star Wars (Data East, 1992)

Votes: 231 45.7%
  • Stargate (Gottlieb, 1995)

Votes: 89 17.6%
  • Starship Troopers (Sega, 1997)

Votes: 62 12.3%
  • Terminator 3 : Rise of the Machines (Stern, 2003)

Votes: 79 15.6%
  • Who’s Tommy Pinball Wizard, The (Data East, 1994)

Votes: 153 30.3%
  • WWF Royal Rumble (Data East, 1994)

Votes: 80 15.8%

• Total voters

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The poll standings for this poll are now hidden for the duration of the poll series. The Top Ten Most Wanted Premium Licensed Tables, as voted by the pinball community, will be revealed on Friday September 6, 2013.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
The poll standings for this poll are now hidden for the duration of the poll series. The Top Ten Most Wanted Premium Licensed Tables, as voted by the pinball community, will be revealed on Friday September 6, 2013.

Thanks for all of the work you've put into these so far. I can't even begin to imagine how much time you've put into narrowing down the polls to 30 tables then finding good images and video to represent them. :eek:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Judge Dredd being excluded from the list means the licenses are relatively cheap then? Does this mean I have reason to be hopeful for it?

I would assume so.

Dracula was on the Williams poll and Dredd made the Bally poll. I voted for both of these and IIRC they both had a really strong showing on the polls. Dredd was top 5 not sure about Dracula.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I would assume so.

Dracula was on the Williams poll and Dredd made the Bally poll. I voted for both of these and IIRC they both had a really strong showing on the polls. Dredd was top 5 not sure about Dracula.

Bram Stoker's Dracula and Judge Dredd have both been featured on previous polls as they are not suspected to require a kickstarter. Consider them non-premium licenesed tables.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Judge Dredd isn't based on the movie, so no need to deal with Sylvester Stallone, fortunately. As for BSD, the movie itself hasn't really had any presence since it was released, and Dracula as a character won't require a license, but it does feature the likenesses of Gary Oldman, Anthony Hopkins and Winona Ryder, who are all quite popular actors. What would make it particularly more obtainable than, say, TAF? (assuming the estate of Raul Julia won't be a problem)

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Thanks for all of the work you've put into these so far. I can't even begin to imagine how much time you've put into narrowing down the polls to 30 tables then finding good images and video to represent them. :eek:

Hear hear!

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Judge Dredd isn't based on the movie, so no need to deal with Sylvester Stallone, fortunately. As for BSD, the movie itself hasn't really had any presence since it was released, and Dracula as a character won't require a license, but it does feature the likenesses of Gary Oldman, Anthony Hopkins and Winona Ryder, who are all quite popular actors. What would make it particularly more obtainable than, say, TAF? (assuming the estate of Raul Julia won't be a problem)

Seeing pics on IPDB the only one I can recognize is Oldman (I think, haven't watched the movie) on the backglass. And according to IPDB's page for it, there's this:

Also pictured in this listing is a game with prototype stacked slingshot plastics showing Keanu Reeves & Winona Ryder's characters on them. According to designer Barry Oursler, these plastics were removed prior to production because the actors [or perhaps only Winona Ryder] would not sign a release to use their images. However, we have been told Williams did not remove these plastics from the butyrate sheets that held the full set of playfield plastics if someone was to buy the plastics separately. Thus, while these 'prototype' plastics may not have left the factory on any game, it would have been easy to obtain them and retro-fit them onto a game.

So I guess it might not be an expensive thing to do, unlike TAF, T2 and others.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Went with:
LotR
Simpsons
Indiana Jones
Dr. who

(Duh... these are No brainers)

Then I went with:

Demolition Man
The Shadow
Johnny Mnumonic

(Let's call these: the bad/ok dated 90s movie games with incredible gameplay and design).

Finally chose:
The Who
Guns N Roses

Picked because I love music, and like the bands.

Thought music based pins were out of the question according to Bobby? Also I don't see these passing a KS to be honest.

Final vote: StarGate. Why? Because I like throwing my vote away.

It's a shame that all the awesome licenses like Freddy and Back to the Future are tied to so-so pins. I didn't vote for Star Wars because I am not a fan of the artwork. It just doesn't quite hit the mark with me. The music as well; on the one hand I like the up-beat, rock n roll take on the classic Star Wars theme. However, I also feel many fans are going to be turned off by it and see it as a butchering rather than a cool spin. Williams had it right with Star Trek TNG: the theme is there, 100% unaltered, and the artwork is photo-realistic.

Last edited:

luv4pins

Jul 29, 2013
Royal Rumble and Guns N' Roses are all I really care about in that list! I've been dieing for those two tables to be recreated faithfully!! I would be in pinball heaven!

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
So I guess it might not be an expensive thing to do, unlike TAF, T2 and others.

I know Keanu wasn't on it, but I couldn't figure out if the girl was supposed to be Winona Ryder. She looks so "generic" I can never recognise her in anything, much less on artwork. Hopkins and Oldman is still pretty big though. Gary Oldman is probably even more popular now than he was at that time.
Actually, I wasn't really certain about anyone other than Hopkins (the Dracula makeup on the backglass could easily have been faked by someone else), it's sort of like than BTTF table where they just drew some other guy than Michael J Fox, and Gary Stern himself acts Doc Brown on the backglass! (it's still Christopher Lloyd in the artwork though)

doveton

Mar 7, 2013
The music as well; on the one hand I like the up-beat, rock n roll take on the classic Star Wars theme. However, I also feel many fans are going to be turned off by it and see it as a butchering rather than a cool spin.

first time i played it i was all "what the **** is this ****!", by my 3rd game, i was loving it

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
first time i played it i was all "what the **** is this ****!", by my 3rd game, i was loving it

I'm a big Star Wars fan (and was even moreso when the machine first came out) and I never was turned off by the music or thought it was a butchering at all. I think the whole table is very well done and would love to see it in TPA.

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
You know I gotta factor in how likely a kickstarter of these would succeed before voting for them.

Like Batman Forever. It's a movie that is regarded as a bad movie, and it's not as bad as Batman and Robin which might work because people enjoy tearing into it.

Same with Congo.

Mary Shelly's Frankenstein I assume is based off a movie and if so I had no idea it existed, good luck with a kickstarter on that.

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
Normally I don't care too much about a table's theme but in this case I dislike Elvis so much that if they made it this would probably be the first TPA table I wouldn't buy.

You don't like his music or you don't like the man, and if it's the latter what did he do?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
You know I gotta factor in how likely a kickstarter of these would succeed before voting for them.

Like Batman Forever. It's a movie that is regarded as a bad movie, and it's not as bad as Batman and Robin which might work because people enjoy tearing into it.

Same with Congo.

Mary Shelly's Frankenstein I assume is based off a movie and if so I had no idea it existed, good luck with a kickstarter on that.

Batman forever was watchable. Tommy lee jones an Jim Carey turned in decent performances in an otherwise bad continuation of a franchise that lost its lead actor and director. Atman and robin was so horrible.

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein was a fairly horrible Julia Roberts flick that tried to explain the author writing the novel because of monsters in her real life.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts