Bug Parts Of The Lower Playfield Missing

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
The lights with the designers names on them on the lower playfield are missing. You can see right through the cabinet...

2s92l9x.jpg

2znphg4.jpg

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm not sure what's worse - that this wasn't noticed before, or that I didn't notice it either until just now.

Lights missing on iPad 3 as well.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I really think FS shouldn't release next months DLC and just concentrate on ALL the bugs that are in the 10 tables now release on all Platforms.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I really think FS shouldn't release next months DLC and just concentrate on ALL the bugs that are in the 10 tables now release on all Platforms.

I kind of agree with you, they should explain that there will be no tables next month while they concentrate on fixing the bugs, letting all the formats catch up and introduce gamecenter. I'm sure the community would be happy with that, but something tells me they would screw up gamecenter somehow so yet again we would have a month of FS lynching on facebook. This would also give plenty of time for the testing and bug fixing of the next tables too.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Without a regular cash flow coming in, there will be no FarSight Studios to fix bugs or continue to support The Pinball Arcade in any shape or form.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Without a regular cash flow coming in, there will be no FarSight Studios to fix bugs or continue to support The Pinball Arcade in any shape or form.

True, that's why I doubt they'd do it. However, I think they're making more money than some people seem to think (at least on iOS).

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
However, I think they're making more money than some people seem to think (at least on iOS).

...and a lot of as yet untapped money to start rolling in, all that xbox and ps3 dlc ( 3 dlc packs! ) as well as the ps3 version actually being available in Europe. The point is if they keep releasing tables riddled with bugs some of which are gamestopping they are hurting their currently flimsy reputation.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
True, that's why I doubt they'd do it. However, I think they're making more money than some people seem to think (at least on iOS).

Instead of delaying DLC to fix bugs, maybe they could use some of the money they've got coming in to hire a few guys to help them out.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012

You really think FS are that tight up for cash that one month without release 2 new tables would cause the company to folder??....i dont think so some how. Anyways the 360, Vita and PS3 DLC's should be out next month so that would see them through to next pay day if what your saying is true!

If they carry on like this their existing customer based will get pissed off and FS will gain a reputation for releasing bug ridden software, they need to act on this now and stop all future DLC tables until the existing tables are bug free, hell even the first set of tables released still have bugs that for some reason or another haven't been fixed. I think FS should just concentrate on just updates and bug fixing for next month and implement all the features they said they would.

To be fair im not sure how some of these bugs get passed the beta testers, i guess they have such a short time frame to get the 2 tables out every month that corners get cut!, this is more than enough reason to take a months rest bite and sort out all existing problems/bugs, they can still work on the 2 DLC tables they have planned for next month by all mean just dont release them until everything is 100%.

Doing this will be much better for their reputation in the long run, and surely its better to take 'beef' from annoyed customer for just 1 month rather than every month when something isnt working as it should be....which is exactly what is happening atm

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
You really think FS are that tight up for cash that one month without release 2 new tables would cause the company to folder??....i dont think so some how. Anyways the 360, Vita and PS3 DLC's should be out next month so that would see them through to next pay day if what your saying is true!

If they carry on like this their existing customer based will get pissed off and FS will gain a reputation for releasing bug ridden software, they need to act on this now and stop all future DLC tables until the existing tables are bug free, hell even the first set of tables released still have bugs that for some reason or another haven't been fixed. I think FS should just concentrate on just updates and bug fixing for next month and implement all the features they said they would.

To be fair im not sure how some of these bugs get passed the beta testers, i guess they have such a short time frame to get the 2 tables out every month that corners get cut!, this is more than enough reason to take a months rest bite and sort out all existing problems/bugs, they can still make the 2 DLC tables for next month by all mean just dont release them until everything is 100%.

Doing this will be much better for their reputation in the long run, and surely its better to take beef from annoyed customer for just 1 month rather than every month when something isnt working as it should be....which is exactly what is happening atm

You make some great points and maybe this would be a good idea...by the way, I don't always have all the right answers, I just throw in my opinion every now and then. Glad there are always others that are thinking outside the box which is what makes the TPA community so great. :)

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012

I started a threat on this about a week ago (http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/822-Hold-off-the-DLC-amp-fix-the-bugs), and at the time I wasn't too bothered about the outcome.

After getting more broken DLC I'm really hoping this happens before we get to 15-20 tables which are so riddled with bugs it becomes an enormous task to plug all the holes.

The MM flipper gap springs to mind. At the moment I avoid MM, CV and MB due to game-breaking bugs. (I know technically the MM flipper gap isn't game-breaking, but this should have been sorted long ago).

I also avoid FH due to the annoying overlapping music, which leaves me with the four launch tables, BOP & Gorgar.

If the new DLC had been bug-free I could write it off and live with the other bugs getting ironed out eventually, but this is becoming a monthly occurance.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Hope one of the FS forum regulars will see either of these threads and mention it to the powers that be.

All FS would have to do is make an announcement via facebook stating that there will not be any new DLC next month and instead a massive update for bugs fixes, new features and letting the other formats (360 & PS3) catch up...i know they'll get stick from some facebookers but best to take the flak now than constantly every month when a bulb is missing from the playfield and everything gets blown out of proportion!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012

they will get my pennies very little gets that automagically

As far as a beta test goes id happily sign em, if everyones a dmd fanboy you got a retro junkie here, too much going on new tables to pay attention to the actual ball!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.