Pat Lawlor and Ted Estes are designing a game for Jersey Jack!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Hmmmm. Might have to start saving some $$$.

I know! The good thing is that the WoOz run is not anywhere close to complete and the hobbit has to start production. Based on the limited manufacturing capacity, I am hoping I will live in a new place and have enough money saved to get a couple real tables and this is definitely at the top (along with MM remake) despite not knowing anything other than the design team and that jersey jack is making it.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
It's worth noting that the theme will be an original too. That shows to me that JJP are willing to take a risk to give their consumers something that they want. I'm sure the recent money from investors has been part of that decision as well. I've heard Gary Stern say numerous times that he wouldn't touch an unlicensed theme with a ten foot pole, and previously at least, I couldn't blame him.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It's worth noting that the theme will be an original too. That shows to me that JJP are willing to take a risk to give their consumers something that they want. I'm sure the recent money from investors has been part of that decision as well. I've heard Gary Stern say numerous times that he wouldn't touch an unlicensed theme with a ten foot pole, and previously at least, I couldn't blame him.

Definitely agree with Stern erring on the side of caution. They almost went under a couple times so I think they will try to go the safe route. Of course some of the licenses they've partnered with did not do very well from a critical or commercial standpoint and seems to have added frustration to designers. I think because of the revival of popularity (and especially the base of individuals willing to buy a unit for their home) that they can take some educated risks and do something that people want, license or not. I imagine that you could put out a pinball table for Barney the Dinosaur with the best layout ever and it wouldn't sell anything. Of course zombies are, and have been so popular, that you could put out a zombie themed table without one of the many franchises out there and it would still sell like hotcakes as long as it was well executed.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It will be interesting to see if this sells or not. I understand Stern's logic, but let's see if it hold up.

In an arcade setting, licence is everything. In my arcade the most popular table is, by far, Family Guy. I see it being played all the time. And this is by people who don't know a thing about pinball and are just curious. They say "Hey, Family Guy! I want to give that a shot." But for a home collector market, an original theme might be viable. Could go either way.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts