Patch 1.22 NA and 1.23 EU

Oct 15, 2013
Yeah, there's no cross buy between SPA and TPA or TPA and SPA on PS4. I have the first table pack bundle for SPA and none of those tables, that are also in TPA, show up as purchased in TPA.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
So I take it that the latest patch has been really good? I work all week and only game on weekends, so obviously I haven't had time to play it yet. I'm just asking because I haven't seen any significant complaints, other than mostly minor stuff.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
For me (Canada but it's just the same PSN North America store) Sorcerer just showed up in the tables I own after the patch was installed. I always turn my PS4 competely off, so I turn it on, go to pinball arcade, don't start it but go to the "Check for Update" option, once it detects the update it automatically downloads it, when done I start TPA and the table is there in the list.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
It wasn't in the patch notes, so that makes sense. I did it a week or so ago, so it will be coming out in the next patch.

So Tom, not sure if you've already answered this, but with the "Season 7 is last and we go to table-by-table" thing, will you still be releasing regular bugfix patches after Season 7 is complete for the PS4 or only a couple times per year when a new table is available for purchase?

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
After the latest (3/20/18) PS4 patch, something is screwy with Taxi......it's hard to explain, but bonus scores are triggering at the wrong time....I landed in the Santa hole and it picked up Gorbie (not every time though)....after a ball drain, characters picked up are changing and I have to pick them up again, or they are showing as picked up when I didn't get them yet. Like I said, it's hard to explain, as the issues seem random and varying, but something got twisted with the table rules in this table.

Maybe someone more intimately familiar with the rules could play it and see what I mean, but something definitely isn't right with Taxi. All I know is I've been playing this table for a long time (including in the arcades years ago) and the modes aren't always acting as I expect them to.

Last edited:

Lykaion23

Apr 8, 2014
In USA, the Sorcerer addons in PSN all still show a price, even though I have the Season 7 Pro Pass, but the table is available and playable in TPA. It worked that way with Pistol Poker too. Are you sure you don't actually have the table after the update? If not, try restoring licenses.

thx for the answer yes worked through TPA directly :)

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Played some more Taxi today......yeah, something is up with it. It gave me an "all passengers" bonus, but I didn't have Drac and Lola yet.

I activated the Drac and Pinbot multiball mode, and then the mode suddenly just....stopped, when I picked up Gorbie. And did it again, but when I picked up Santa.

Already had Pinbot, but Pinbot was asking for a ride. Gorbie did that too.....and Drac. On the flip side, sometimes it says I have characters I didn't pick up yet.

It's offering me various jackpots when I didn't earn them yet.

Various odd issues are happening like that randomly. Seems to happen if you play more than just one game of it....gets goofier with every subsequent play.

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining, just posting bugs that I'm observing.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Because there is no "All Passengers" bonus. Maybe you're misreading it as "Carry Passengers", or the "Passenger Payoff" at the end of the game?

But wait, there's only one Multiball mode, and that can be relit by collecting a Passenger. Lock a ball, hit the left ramp to start it.

There's only 1 Jackpot, and that can be earned by collecting all 5 Passengers, assuming you get that in the time limit offered. Maybe you're also referring to the "Million" shot at Santa by collecting 5 Airport bonuses, or the 100K Airports after the Express Lane award?

After the latest (3/20/18) PS4 patch, something is screwy with Taxi......it's hard to explain, but bonus scores are triggering at the wrong time....I landed in the Santa hole and it picked up Gorbie (not every time though)....after a ball drain, characters picked up are changing and I have to pick them up again, or they are showing as picked up when I didn't get them yet. Like I said, it's hard to explain, as the issues seem random and varying, but something got twisted with the table rules in this table.

Maybe someone more intimately familiar with the rules could play it and see what I mean, but something definitely isn't right with Taxi. All I know is I've been playing this table for a long time (including in the arcades years ago) and the modes aren't always acting as I expect them to.

EDIT: Looking at your first post, it looks like you hit the gate at the Gorbie shot, but the ball took another route to the hole you just mentioned, like through the bumpers, etc. before the game had the time to time out that sequence for the Gorbie shot so you could get Santa.

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I just played two games of Taxi on PS4, and didn't notice any strange behavior.

I know that since the Gorbie and Santa shots go into the same hole, the game confuses the two sometimes, which is normal behavior.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
All I know is that I've played the game for ages and it's not acting right. The first playthrough is OK, but things go a little out of whack on subsequent ones. I did say it was hard to explain and seemingly random.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

I just played five games in a row and didn't notice anything wrong. All pickups registered correctly and I was only awarded a bonus for the pickups I made after each ball drained then all pickups were reset for the next ball. The only issue I came across was getting the ball stuck at the end of the habitrail before entering the spinout.

The only thing I can think of is if you played a certain table before playing Taxi where the issues were present. For the record, I played Taxi only and didn't experience any of the issues you described.

Mr D

Mar 21, 2018
Hi Tom,

After the 1.21 patch, my table camera views toggle broke and does not work properly or at all. Most tables, you only see the end of the table or maybe the table at an unplayable distance. The 1.22 patch did not resolve this if it was previously observed and addressed. Since I have not seen any discussion on this topic, is there a fix for this or is my main program corrupted and I need to reload everything? Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Thanks.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Since I have not seen any discussion on this topic, is there a fix for this or is my main program corrupted and I need to reload everything? Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Thanks.
Haven't experienced that one yet. Most likely some corruption on the hard drive. Try going into Safe Mode and select "rebuild database". That option usually fixes any corrupt files on your hard drive without having to reinstall/redownload anything.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I played some tables from some of the earlier seasons, and I noticed that there is a new and improved knocker sound, which sounds awesome! I'm pretty sure the old knocker sound was just someone farting in a microphone.

I also noticed that the flippers on the EM tables still don't hum when activated like they do in the PC version

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
I also noticed that the flippers on the EM tables still don't hum when activated like they do in the PC version

Yeah, I really wish that would be implemented. I watched a youtube video of someone playing Pinball Arcade's El Dorado on PC yesterday and was pleasantly surprised the flippers had the same hum as a real EM. Why would the PC version have it but not the PS4?? Please add this to a list of fixes, Tom, or whomever is in charge of sound.

Mar 9, 2012
Hey all. I've known for a while that this patch would be delayed, but I wanted to get an exact date before I announced it. Unfortunately, I don't know of one yet even though I'm pretty much just waiting on QA to test our patch. The delay has come out of several factors: last week I was sick, so I missed a day; some bugs came to my attention (like tournaments) that needed fixing; and in addition to QA taking their time with builds, my QA tester has been pretty backed up. Sorry that there's a delay. If I had to guess, I'll be submitting sometime this week, and then early next month it would be released. I will update this thread with details as they arrive.

As for the bugs that I fixed, I fixed the tournaments then I fixed a bug in TX Sector where if you play for a while, all the non-emulation sounds stopped working in the game, and it would later crash if you entered a new table.

So Tom, once again PS4 missed out on the tournament.. will this be made up to PS4 users whenever it really does get fixed?

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
So Tom, once again PS4 missed out on the tournament.. will this be made up to PS4 users whenever it really does get fixed?

Yeah, I thought the last patch would fix the problems with the tournaments, but it looks like there were still some lurking problems that arose from when I split the PS4 tournament from PS3 and Vita. Unfortunately, the test tournament I did worked just fine as it's a part of a separate database, so it made it seem like the tournaments would be good. I'll make sure everything is sorted this time.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts